watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm actually enjoying watching England

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, November 10, 2017, 08:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Pretty lively game. We are definitely playing our part. Lofted-cheek looks a bit special

JoelH5

Same here. Both sides have had genuine chances. Stick Kane in the side and that's our World Cup squad.. why not? The premadonas have had their chance. The youth in this team are a lot more exciting
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Jonaldiniho 88

The commentator just mentioned the last time we beat the number one team in the world (Germany are that now) was against Spain and the first three players he mentioned have all played for Fulham. Scotty, Bent and Andy Johnson

Dixie

First England game i've enjoyed watching for quite some time!
How i wish we had got hold of Abraham!! Oh Kline you $%&£
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

cmg

That was some Chelsea side that beat us (just) in that Youth Cup Final:
Loftus-Cheek, Andreas Cristensen, Izzy Brown, Dom Solanke, Jay Dasilva etc.

Of our boys, who played two fine games, I think only the two keepers and George Williams are still with us.

MarryatsChild

So am I enjoying the ebb and flow but Germany have a real latent threat as ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Twig

Best all round England performance for a very long time.

filham

Germany looked the better team but we were always in the game and the defense looked solid.
Can't see how Loftus-Cheek can be left out of the side.

Woolly Mammoth

Well done England, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Loftus-Cheek top man, and a good team effort all round.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Refreshing and really enjoyable england performance,well done southgate for putting the youth in.

gang

It was a very enjoyable game, I was impressed by Loftus-Cheek & Jordan Pickford.

bog

I hope Loftus-Cheek retains his place. I recall when Glenn Hoddle made his debut and he was outstanding and scored a brilliant goal...but then was dropped by Bobby Robson. 

092.gif

Jims Dentist

Refreshing to watch an England side play like that.

Glen Hoddle as usual made a good point, that unlike in all the qualifying games, Germany did not come to defend which made it easier for us to play more entertaining stuff.

Bill2

Thought Tammy A was excellent, what a prospect. Why did we not get him last season. The way we played on Friday bodes well, especially when we have Kane, Alli plus others to come back. Southgate will for once have players to choose from.

He hasn't been mentioned but thought that Maguire also played well.

Holders

I didn't see the game but how did the poppy business go? Were the opposing fans quiet for each others' anthems and was there any feedback about how Germany felt about wearing the poppies? Personally I think it would be nice if they were to adopt it as their own symbol of remembrance. Their men were lambs to the slaughter exactly the same.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on November 13, 2017, 03:58:46 PM
I didn't see the game but how did the poppy business go? Were the opposing fans quiet for each others' anthems and was there any feedback about how Germany felt about wearing the poppies? Personally I think it would be nice if they were to adopt it as their own symbol of remembrance. Their men were lambs to the slaughter exactly the same.

I understand what you are saying.
One slight difference, they were fighting in the name of evil.
We were fighting in the name of freedom.

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 13, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

That's a sweeping and irrelevant statement - the majority would have been reluctant conscripts as well doing what they were told. The POWs my father looked after in WW2 hadn't wanted to be there any more than he did.

Anyway, my question was how did it go at the match?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on November 13, 2017, 08:37:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 13, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

That's a sweeping and irrelevant statement - the majority would have been reluctant conscripts as well doing what they were told. The POWs my father looked after in WW2 hadn't wanted to be there any more than he did.

Anyway, my question was how did it go at the match?

The match ? Yes it was full of positives. Loftus-Cheek and Pickford were excellent throughout the game. A breath of fresh air, as were others. Maguire after a nervous start played well. Trippier showed why he was picked. Abraham's led the line well.  It was a refreshing all round team performance against a quality team that is Germany. The enthusiasm and innocence of youth as in no fear.
That was the key, we played without fear and expressed ourselves in a high tempo game.
Now Southgate, if he has the courage of his own convictions will send out a team to play without fear when there is more at stake apart from pride, and that is for points in a group game, or a knockout stage.
Not go back into our shell because Southgate fears losing. Like Roy did, and others before him.
The difference last Friday was, the Germans came to play, and not to stick ten players behind the ball, which most teams do when they play us Home or away, which allowed us to show what we can do in wide open play, which made it an entertaining game.
Let's hope we have more of the same tonight. As this is the way forward, play without fear.   

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

See if we can keep it up or if Brazil have been cursed by training at motspur park

Jonaldiniho 88

I genuinely am enjoying this again. All friendlies should be like this