more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (13/11/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 13, 2017, 07:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon discusses his recovery from a broken leg

Piazon has suffered terrible luck with injuries in the last year having previously broken his jaw while on loan with the Cottagers last season

It's been just over three months since Lucas Piazon suffered a broken leg in Fulham's draw with Leeds United.

Piazon has suffered terrible luck with injuries in the last year having previously broken his jaw while on loan with the Cottagers last season, but speaking to fulhamfctv, the Chelsea loanee is remaining positive.

When asked about the injury, Piazon said: "It feels pretty good.

"When the guy tackled me I was on my feet so i felt that something was wrong, but I thought it was just twisted because it wasn't so painful.

"But I put my foot on the floor and my bone kind of moved so when I felt that I went to the ground and said I had to come off.

"When I tried to step the inside bone of my ankle moved to the outside, and when I lifted my leg up again it went back to normal, so i knew something was wrong.

"If you compare this one to the jaw it's nothing, but two fractures in one year is terrible, but I think I've been mentally strong and we're so close to getting back so I'm feeling good to be back with the boys and be here everyday. I can't wait to be back outside training with the ball.

"The first three weeks I was just at my house watching Netflix with my mum. We were watching like three series at a time, and it was really boring!

"The hardest part is that I can run, but I can't kick or control the ball, I sometimes just want to get the ball and smash it into the net!"

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-chelsea-loanee-lucas-piazon-13891411

WhiteJC

Fulham playmaker reveals hardest part of leg break recovery

Fulham's on loan midfielder Lucas Piazon has revealed what is the hardest aspect of recovering from the leg break he sustained against Leeds United in August, according to Get West London.

The Brazilian has had rotten luck with injuries, and says that the leg break is 'nothing' compared to fracturing his jaw but has said that he struggles with some aspects of it.

He said: "The hardest part is that I can run, but I can't kick or control the ball, I sometimes just want to get the ball and smash it into the net.

"If you compare this one to the jaw it's nothing. Two fractures in one year is terrible, but I think I've been mentally strong and we're so close to getting back so I'm feeling good to be back with the boys and be here everyday. I can't wait to be back outside training with the ball.

"The first three weeks I was just at my house watching Netflix with my mum. We were watching like three series at a time, and it was really boring.
AdTech Ad

"The injury feels pretty good. When the guy tackled me I was on my feet so i felt that something was wrong, but I thought it was just twisted because it wasn't so painful.

"But I put my foot on the floor and my bone kind of moved so when I felt that I went to the ground and said I had to come off.

"When I tried to step the inside bone of my ankle moved to the outside, and when I lifted my leg up again it went back to normal, so i knew something was wrong."

The Verdict:
It is so tough for a player, especially a young player, to stay resilient during injury set backs but Piazon appears as if he is doing just that.

His words also belie that he loves football just as much as any fan and we can all relate to the frustration of watching football and not being able to play.

Let's hope Piazon's recovery is over swiftly and he's back on the pitch scoring again in no time.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-playmaker-reveals-hardest-part-of-leg-break-recovery/

WhiteJC

'Bristol City's response was a disgrace': Columnist hits out at Robins over Bailey Wright's Fulham diving row

How Robins reacted to the ban has been criticised

Bristol City have been criticised for their 'disgraceful response' to the Bailey Wright diving row.

During the Robins' October 2-1 victory at Fulham, Wright went down in an off-the-ball incident with Aboubakar Kamara, who was then sent off.

The City man was later given a retrospective two-match ban after the incident was reviewed by an FA video panel.

The club expressing their disappointment at the decision in a strongly worded statement and also released footage of the incident to show there was contact.

A Bristol City club statement read: "We were hugely surprised by the decision of The FA overturn the red card shown to Fulham's Aboubakar Kamara on Tuesday night, but for The FA to then compound that by suspending Bailey for two matches is extremely disappointing.

"We were notified that a charge had been brought against Bailey for 'successful deception of a match official' late on Thursday and given 24 hours to provide a response – right in the crucial window of preparation for our noon kick-off with Cardiff City at Ashton Gate.

"On receiving the charge, the information provided to us was extremely limited. The club was informed that a three-person panel, comprising former players, managers and referees, had concluded based on a review of video evidence of the incident, that an act of simulation had been committed by Bailey.

"This is a clear case in which there has been genuine contact between two players, which has caused Bailey to fall to the ground involuntarily and he has made no attempt to deceive the referee whatsoever."

Writing for our sister publication Get Reading, columnist Russell Kempson has now taken aim at the Robins and their chief executive Mark Ashton, criticising how they responded to the incident.

He writes: "I can't recall the last time I saw – or read about - a Reading FC player attempting simulation.

That is, diving to con a referee into awarding a penalty in your favour or feigning injury to get an opponent sent off.

I'd like to think that if a Royals player did either – and let's face it, we all hate it – manager Jaap Stam.

Jaap Stam would immediately condemn the offender.

The big Dutchman rarely ducks an issue – often, to his detriment – and I reckon he'd name and shame the culprit with appropriate severity.

So it's disappointing to see how Bristol City reacted to Bailey Wright, their Australian defender, receiving a two-match ban from the Football Association for simulation.

"On receiving the written reasoning, we will be consulting our legal team," Mark Ashton, the City chief executive, said.

"This is a clear case in which there has been genuine contact between two players, which has caused Bailey to fall to the ground involuntarily and he has made no attempt to deceive the referee whatsoever."

A rather righteous and pompous-sounding response, I think you'll agree, and one that is laid bare when examining the incident in City's 2-0 win at Fulham last week.

Early television evidence was inconclusive as Wright and Fulham striker Aboubakar Kamara clashed, not surprising as it was off the ball and away from the cameras and the direct sight of referee Scott Duncan.

Yet additional footage, albeit a bit grainy, showed that Kamara shoved Wright in the chest region, who then went down like a sack of spuds - also, for some strange reason, clutching his face.q

I can only applaud Bristol City, led by head coach Lee Johnson, for a superb season that sees them in fourth place in the Championship.

They have suffered just one defeat in their past 17 matches in all competitions, and are through to the Carabao Cup quarter-finals, in which they play at home to Manchester United next month.

Congrats all round... apart from the witless theatrics of Wright against Fulham and the "I see no wrong" response of chief executive Ashton.

Mind you, how Kamara had his red card rescinded by the FA merits discussion, too.

He laid hands on an opponent and, regardless of the overreaction of Bailey, his dismissal for violent conduct and subsequent ban should have stood.

As usual, the FA makes one to-be-lauded step forward... and two steps back.

No change there, then."

Wright's case was referred to a three man commission of three former players made up of Ken Monkou, Tony Agana and Gareth Farrelly. All agreed that Wright was guilty.

The FA's explanation states:

'This case fundamentally turned on the fifth question; does the player exaggerate the effect of a normal contact challenge in order to deceive the referee?'

The major point in the case was that Bristol City's account did not match what was shown in the video.

Meanwhile Bailey Wright himself stated that: "as I fell my head tilted backward and when I hit the ground I jarred my back and neck.

"Immediately after falling I laid on the ground to get my breath back and had quite significant pain in my neck and back".

The FA's written statements said that there was no disagreement on it being a foul challenge knocking Wright to the floor. However because the player was holding his face and no mention of contact to the face was mentioned, the panel found Wright guilty of deceiving an official via 'exaggeration'.

The findings said: 'The video shows Mr Kamara push Mr Wright in the chest and/or shoulder area. There is no mention in either the Club's submissions or the Player's statement that contact was made with his face.'

Further the statement from the FA read: 'It is also not submitted at any point that Mr Wright held his face and/or chin as a natural reaction to the contact'.

'As to exaggeration, all submissions aver that Mr Wright was pushed on the chest and shoulder and fell jarring his back and neck. Mr Wright is a centre back experienced in the Championship and the physical demands of this league. Therefore, this confounds his reaction where he holds his face after going to ground, a point not raised in submissions.'

The club has yet to respond to the FA's written reasoning.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-response-disgrace-columnist-762604

WhiteJC

QPR and Fulham stars have World Cup dreams dashed as Northern Ireland are edged out by Switzerland

The QPR and Fulham men started for Northern Ireland as they were unable to overcome the one-goal deficit from the first leg, as the controversial hand-ball decision from the first leg proved an unfortunate decider.

The World Cup dreams of Conor Washington and Oliver Norwood were dashed as they played out a 0-0 draw with Switzerland in Basel.

The QPR and Fulham stars both started for Northern Ireland who were unable to overcome the one-goal deficit from the first leg, as the controversial hand-ball decision from the first leg proved an unfortunate decider.

The hosts started the stronger of the two teams and could have taken an early lead when Xherdan Shaqiri swung a free-kick into the area only for Gareth McAuley to make a list-ditch clearance.

The Stoke City man looked dangerous whenever he got on the ball, and seemed the most likely to make something happen in the first period.

Northern Ireland kept the game tight, and came close through two Chris Brunt chances, as well as an opportunity for Washington, who headed just wide after great work from Jamie Ward.

Both sides had chances in the second half, including a header from Jonny Evans which was cleared off the line in injury time, but it wasn't to be for Michael O'Neill's side, who will be left with a bitter taste in their mouth as they are eliminated in the most acrimonious circumstances.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-fulham-stars-world-cup-13893010

WhiteJC

Brazil are put through their paces at Craven Cottage ahead of England friendly... as Neymar trains after breaking down in tears at press conference

Brazil trained at Fulham's Craven Cottage on Sunday evening ahead of Tuesday's friendly against England
    Tite's side beat Japan 3-1 on Friday in Lille with goals scored by Neymar, Marcelo and City star Gabriel Jesus
    Neymar broke down in tears and walked out of Brazil's press conference following the 3-1 friendly victory
    The PSG star was upset by accusations he had fallen out with club manager Unai Emery and Brazil boss Tite

Brazil's star-studded squad trained under the floodlights at Fulham's Craven Cottage on Sunday as they prepared for their glamour friendly against England at Wembley.

Neymar and Co were put through their paces during an evening training session at the Championship ground ahead of Tuesday's friendly against Gareth Southgate's side.

Premier League stars Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho and Gabriel Jesus were all present as Brazil warmed up with a series of fitness drills and ball work on a chilly night in west London.

PSG star Neymar trained with Brazil as they geared up for the friendly against England with a session on Sunday evening

The 25-year-old has been in the spotlight following his emotional post-match press conference after the win over Japan

Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus will come up against his club team-mate John Stones when Brazil face England on Tuesday

Brazil's friendly with England will be their second match in five days after they overcame Japan 3-1 in Lille with goals from Neymar, Jesus and Marcelo.

England, meanwhile, faced another big-name opponent on Friday evening, managing a goalless draw against world champions Germany despite Southgate naming an inexperienced team at Wembley.

Brazil's talisman Neymar has been in the spotlight this week after an emotional press conference on Friday, during which he broke down in tears and walked out after becoming upset by the line of questioning.

Neymar had been made to deny reports he has a bad relationship with Paris Saint-Germain manager Unai Emery and team-mate Edinson Cavani in the post-match press conference following the win over Japan.

Neymar runs out onto the pitch at Craven Cottage as the world's most expensive player trained at the Championship ground

Neymar will be hoping to add to his remarkable 53-goal Brazil tally against Gareth Southgate's injury-ravaged England outfit

Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino was another Premier League star training with Brazil ahead of the friendly against Englan

The 25-year-old twice asked reporters to 'stop inventing' the stories about his clashes with the PSG coach and admitted they had been bothering him.

Brazil coach Tite then rejected claims he had a problem with Neymar, saying: 'I keep hearing that Tite has problems with Neymar and I am tired of hearing that... we are tired of it.

'I know that if he did have problems, then he would have the decency and the good character to talk about them in the dressing room. I can talk about Neymar's temperament, his good nature and his big heart.'

(L-R) Neymar, Marcelo, Renato Augusto and Thiago Silva trained on a chilly Sunday evening at Fulham's Craven Cottage

Jesus messes around with Barcelona forward Paulinho as Neymar wraps up warm during the Brazil training session

Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho was also present as Brazil geared up ahead of their second friendly in five days

Neymar has been forced to deny media reports that he has fallen out with Brazil coach Tite and PSG manager Unai Emery

Neymar has experienced mixed fortunes at the Parc des Princes since joining Emery's side from Barcelona for a world-record £198million fee this summer.

The forward, who has amassed 82 caps for Brazil already, has scored 11 times in 12 matches in all competitions but was shown a red card during the 2-2 draw with Marseille in Le Classique late last month.

Brazil booked their place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia after finishing top of their South American qualification group with 12 wins, five draws and one defeat from 18 matches played. 

Jesus netted last time out as he joined Marcelo and Neymar on the scoresheet in the 3-1 win over Japan in Lille on Friday

The Brazil squad were training at Championship side Fulham's Craven Cottage ahead of Tuesday's clash with England

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5075257/Brazil-paces-Craven-Cottage.html#ixzz4yIW35tDO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Northern Ireland star Oliver Norwood feels his side were 'shafted' by penalty decision in first leg with Switzerland which ultimately cost World Cup spot

Oliver Norwood believes Northern Ireland were 'shafted' by the penalty decision
    In the first leg against Switzerland a controversial call saw them fall behind
    The deficit proved too much as Ireland dreams were shattered in Basle

Oliver Norwood believes Northern Ireland were 'shafted' by the penalty decision that ultimately ended their World Cup dream.

Michael O'Neill's side fought out a goalless draw with Switzerland in Basel on Sunday night, but a 1-0 defeat in Belfast three days earlier proved decisive.

Northern Ireland head home still smarting over the decision by Romanian referee Ovidiu Hategan to penalise Corry Evans for handball at Windsor Park that has cost them a place at the first World Cup finals for 32 years.

Oliver Norwood believes Northern Ireland were 'shafted' by the first-leg penalty decision

'Shafted is the only word for it,' said Norwood, who also raised the issue of Fabian Schar's two-footed challenge on Stuart Dallas in Belfast which was only punished by a yellow card.

'I will think about the penalty decision for years to come as it's the only goal between the two sides and it's knocked us out.

'We can stand here and complain all night, but I hope we put in a performance that everyone in Northern Ireland is proud of. We left everything out there tonight and it just wasn't to be.

'It's disappointing that these decisions cost us a place in the World Cup. We were angered, upset and disappointed with what happened in Belfast. Tonight I feel a few things went against us and as players we have to be careful about what we say.'

Northern Ireland hearts were broken in Basle as Switzerland held on to take aggregate victory

There is bound to be speculation over the future of manager Michael O'Neill who has been linked with the Scotland job vacancy as well as a number of clubs in England. An ageing Northern Ireland team could also lose several key players in the months ahead.

Norwood hopes that O'Neill will stay to oversee the qualifying campaign for Euro 2020, and that the performance of his players against Switzerland will convince him that it is worth staying on.

'We are devastated as a squad, but I hope we stick together,' added the Brighton player who is currently on loan at Fulham. 'It's a great bunch of lads and it is a pleasure to play for Northern Ireland. Hopefully, all the players will remain available for one more campaign.

'Obviously, we all want Michael to stay. We hope that our performance tonight would want him to remain in charge. We have some good young players coming through and we have players with a lot of experience as well.

'The message is loud and clear from the players and fans that we would like Michael to stay as we can achieve great things with this squad.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5075565/Northern-Ireland-Oliver-Norwood-shafted-penalty-call.html#ixzz4yIXNoQls
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

filham

Bristol City should count their blessings regarding the red card incident. The hard fact is that we were innocent but forced to play half a match against them with ten men. They were found guilty of simulation but completed the match with a full complement of 11 men.

Bill2

If the Brazil team are still training down the Cottage, someone dash down their quick put a clamp on their bus and lock the gates so they can't get out. Then a select few, those that are good enough to wear the Black and White of Fulham, can play on Saturday.