more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Targett

Started by terryr, January 27, 2018, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

What's everonye's opinion?
Seemed to settle in, but made a couple of howlers. That header straight up in the air in our box was a bad moment for me....

Matt10

Did great for me. Still needs match fitness, which was evident, but was calm on the ball and made some clutch tackles. He's a bigger frame than I thought as well. Loved his crosses too. The forwards will have to get used to that. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Woolly Mammoth

He done alright, pleased to have him playing in a Fulham shirt. A decent footballing defender, who knows how to tackle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

It's interesting how much Slavisa is talking him up:

A FEW DAYS AGO
"Matt can be an important player for us," said Jokanović.  "He's a young, talented player with Premier League experience. In the last few days, he's shown his quality, he'll adapt quickly and will be available to help us immediately. He can be a perfect player who can play behind the left winger and provide more options for my team."

AND POST MATCH
"It was great," Jokanović said. "He's a fast player with a very good left foot. He helped us when we tried to be more aggressive on the pitch. He's only had three of four training sessions with us. He still needs a little bit of time to adjust himself. He's a player with Premier League experience; he did a great job for us today and I can expect he still can be even better."

I don't expect Slav to be non-committal or negative about him but it's unusual for him to be so effusive.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Tabby

Probably a sign as to that Targett was one of his choices. Can't remember him talking up any player like this.

ChesterTheTabby

Evident that the lad needs to learn about our style and the movements of his team mates, especially in the final third, and I think overall being tossed in like that he did just fine. Gives Sess freedom up top and is competition for Odoi
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

One Martin Thomas

Was Odoi injured? Either way Targett had a good 45 minute debut and looked a lot better than Odoi. Very happy.

filham

Good to hear that he has a nice left foot and is able to put in good crosses. Just hope he is allowed to use them from time to time.

Steven Ageroad

Is there a return back clause in his loan? Because Bertrand limped of the pitch yesterday with a suspected ham string injury and they normally take 4-6 weeks.

snarks

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 28, 2018, 12:04:12 PM
Is there a return back clause in his loan? Because Bertrand limped of the pitch yesterday with a suspected ham string injury and they normally take 4-6 weeks.

They have McQueen as back up to Bertrand , which I gather was part of the reason for the loan. To give Matt playing time following injury and limited starts

MrFFC

Impressive debut think he will contribute a lot in his spell here. Looking forward to seeing him link up with Sessegnon
Come on you Whites!! :)

filham

Hope he continues to play well as he is filling a gaping hole that Malone left, come the end of the season we could look back and say that he was a key signing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on January 29, 2018, 04:44:40 PM
Hope he continues to play well as he is filling a gaping hole that Malone left, come the end of the season we could look back and say that he was a key signing.

Yes it certainly looks a positive signing. ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gang

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 27, 2018, 07:51:06 PM
Was Odoi injured? Either way Targett had a good 45 minute debut and looked a lot better than Odoi. Very happy.

I would think he was removed before he got any worse.