Author Topic: Let's help the scouts ....  (Read 805 times)

Offline Statto

• cebu
Re: Let's help the scouts ....
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:27 PM »
Agreed re: video games post.

Long lists of players who come good on Championship manager are pretty pointless.

+1

Offline Newry FFC

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »
It's maybe not even the lower leagues. We've spent a pretty fortune on players in France, Belgium and Portugal to make squad full of average players. Maybe a few who can turn on the style in a few games then go missing in a few others.
Preston have managed to do that just by looking st the league of Ireland. Some great players they've picked up, no world beaters but saved millions by shopping at home. They are young too, the likes of Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire.

Like I said, no world beaters YET but young hungry players with potential who have done well so far shows you there is areas to expose in leagues closer to home who would have little problem adjusting cultures and styles. Just got to get the stats machine on a ryanair flight now..

Offline Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »

With Hugill adding a physical presence up top with an ability to hold the ball up, there wouldn't be a need to play the ball continuously out from the back would there ?
[/quote]what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

What are you talking about ? Seriously what are you talking about ?
Since when has a keeper kicking the ball in to the opposition half mean "going route one" please explain as I think you are talking nonsense,
There are 24 sides in The Championship, and only one that ponces about trying to play it out from the back, I'd say the vast majority of Fulham supporters are sick to death of watching it, but you are obviously in the minority, bit like your Brexit views.

Online @jolslover

• Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
It's maybe not even the lower leagues. We've spent a pretty fortune on players in France, Belgium and Portugal to make squad full of average players. Maybe a few who can turn on the style in a few games then go missing in a few others.
Preston have managed to do that just by looking st the league of Ireland. Some great players they've picked up, no world beaters but saved millions by shopping at home. They are young too, the likes of Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire.

Like I said, no world beaters YET but young hungry players with potential who have done well so far shows you there is areas to expose in leagues closer to home who would have little problem adjusting cultures and styles. Just got to get the stats machine on a ryanair flight now..

Saved millions shopping in Ireland and thats why they will finish mid table at best.
Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire. -- Genuinely none of these would make our bench, If you think player for player they are technically better than any of our starting 11 you are deluded.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:59:56 PM by @jolslover »
STH H3

Offline MJG

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 07:59:18 PM »

With Hugill adding a physical presence up top with an ability to hold the ball up, there wouldn't be a need to play the ball continuously out from the back would there ?
what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

Since when has a keeper kicking the ball in to the opposition half mean "going route one" please explain as I think you are talking nonsense,
There are 24 sides in The Championship, and only one that ponces about trying to play it out from the back, I'd say the vast majority of Fulham supporters are sick to death of watching it, but you are obviously in the minority, bit like your Brexit views.
[/quote]my point is the manager doesn't want to play that way you want Scott.

Edit. What's my political views got to do with anything and as you clearly are on twitter what's your handle? Any one of them will do.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:02:38 PM by MJG »
Just the views of a long term fan

Offline Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 09:12:01 PM »
Well then Jokanovic is a dead man walking if that's the case, the keeper hates our style of play, the back four don't enjoy being put under so much pressure, and of course the supporters have had enough of it,
Sad testimony to Jokanovic if he can't see the glaringly obvious that we must adapt, we are far to easy to play against, nobody else in the league plays the way we do, wonder why that is ?

Offline Newry FFC

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 09:25:34 PM »

Saved millions shopping in Ireland and thats why they will finish mid table at best.
Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire. -- Genuinely none of these would make our bench, If you think player for player they are technically better than any of our starting 11 you are deluded.

Didn't say I wanted those exact players, merely using an example but just to keep it up Maguire has scored the same as Fonte and Kamara combined, and the midtable you talk of would be a step up from where we are right now.

Offline MJG

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
With all due respect what have my views on Brexit got to do with on here?
Two of you have made political comments yet usually people get jumped on here when anything like that is mentioned.
I'd ask that the political slant of the posts be removed please.
Just the views of a long term fan

Offline VegasFulham

• Youth Academy
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »
Agreed re: video games post.

Long lists of players who come good on Championship manager are pretty pointless.

Would be good to hear from fans who have a second team (ie lower league, local team) who have insight into young players breaking through the ranks that might otherwise slip through the net of our scouts.

Everybody on my list I have watched play. Also watched youtube vids and read scouting reports. I agree that video game posts are useless.

Offline VegasFulham

• Youth Academy
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 12:19:43 AM »
F- Samuel Kalu- Gent, Nigerian, 19yo
F- Sander Svendsen- Hammarby IF, Norwegian
W- Edison Flores- Aalborg, Peruvian
W- Kenny Saief- Gent, American
F- Eddie Nketiah- Arsenal FC, English, 18yo
F- Cyle Larin- Orlando City SC, Canadian
LM/LB- Kellyn Acosta- FC Dallas, American, 22yo
AM/F- Farouk Miya- Standard Liege, Ugandan
GK- Ethan Horvath- Club Brugge, American
AM- Hector Villalba- Atlanta United, Paraguayan
F- Ousman Manneh- Werder Bremen, Gambian, 19yo
F- Kekuta Manneh- Columbus Crew SC, American
RB- Andy Yiadom- Barnsley
F- Juergen Locadia- PSV, Dutch
CM- Nebiyou Perry- AIK, American/Swedish
RB- Linus Wahlqvist- IFK Norrkoping, Swedish
F- Che Adams- Birmingham City, English
F- Dwight Gayle- Newcastle United, English
LB- Declan John- Rangers, Welsh
CM- James Forrest- Celtic, Scottish
CM- Stuart Armstrong- Celtic, Scottish
LB- Emiliano Izaguirre- Celtic, Honduran
CB/DM- Olivier Ntcham- Celtic, Cameroonian
F- Bryan Reynolds- FC Dallas Academy, American
AM- Giovanni Reyna- NYCFC Academy, American
CM- James Sands- NYCFC, American
W- Jack Harrison- NYCFC, English
Johnathan Bamba- Saint Etienne, French
F- Clinton N'Jie- Marseille, Cameroonian
F- Adama Niane- Troyes, Malian
F/W- Toko Ekambi- Angers, Cameroonian
W/AM- Keagan Dolly- Montpellier, South African
CB- John Souttar- Hearts, Scottish
F/AM/W- Mimoun Mahi- Groningen, Morrocan
Percy Tau- Mamelodi Sundowns, South African
CB- Declan Rice- West Ham United, Irish
AM- Domingos Quina- West Ham United, Portuguese
CB- Reece Oxford- West Ham United/Borussia Monchengladbach(Loan), English
W/AM- Krepin Diatta- Sarpsborg, Senegalese
DM- Assane Diousse- Saint Etienne, Senegalese, 20yo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:06:40 PM by VegasFulham »

Offline peaty

• tjl
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:19 AM »
With all due respect what have my views on Brexit got to do with on here?
Two of you have made political comments yet usually people get jumped on here when anything like that is mentioned.
I'd ask that the political slant of the posts be removed please.

Not sure about removing posts, but I support MJG here. I suspect many of the angrier people on this board -- and there are a few -- have strong feelings about Brexit. But what the hell has it got to do with FFC & scouting/talent acquisition?

Offline VegasFulham

• Youth Academy
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »

what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I do believe the definition of route one is a keeper kicking it into the opposition half for a physical forward to hold it up. See Allardyce and Kevin Davies at Bolton.

Offline toshes mate

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 08:01:35 AM »
Agree wholeheartedly with the comments about videogames (someone found out where Kline spent most of his time, perhaps).

Hugill most certainly worth a shout (just ask Micky Adams this weekend).

Perhaps a little round table with the recruitment team, SJ, and his coaches talking together openly for the very first time would get the ball rolling, huh?

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 09:44:02 AM »

....and send them both to the moon on a one way ticket.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘