watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's help the scouts ....

Started by MikeW, November 13, 2017, 05:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

As it appears all the player scouting and research is done from a lap top, lets provide the Talbot man (and his son) with some names he might just like to have a look at .  These people should be real, have two legs, skill and have a reasonable hope of being able to compete at Champ level, and one day, the above.

Two to start with ...

Curtis Tilt at Blackpool.  Very handy centre back.
Ethan Pinnock - Barnsley,  Another very good centre back prospect

Please add to the list - then we can send it too him in some ivory tower somewhere!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

simplyfulham

John Bostock

If Cairney's injury is as serious as we all fear, you would find a lot of value in a rejuvenated John Bostock. After failing to live up to his wonderkid tag in England he's quietly gone about rebuilding his career in Belgium and France. He won the Ligue 2 player of the division award in his first season with RC Lens last season.

He has an eye for goal and is good from set pieces. A good sense of passing and an ease on the ball that would suit Jokanovic's possession style and given his club are in the second division in France, there might just be a bargain to be had.

filham

Perhaps now it is worth having a close look at division 1 which has been out of bounds for a while. I assume the age and lower division restriction on incoming transfers has been lifted.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 13, 2017, 05:46:47 PM
John Bostock

If Cairney's injury is as serious as we all fear, you would find a lot of value in a rejuvenated John Bostock. After failing to live up to his wonderkid tag in England he's quietly gone about rebuilding his career in Belgium and France. He won the Ligue 2 player of the division award in his first season with RC Lens last season.

He has an eye for goal and is good from set pieces. A good sense of passing and an ease on the ball that would suit Jokanovic's possession style and given his club are in the second division in France, there might just be a bargain to be had.

Heard he had rebuilt his career on the mainland, but looking through Lens season so far he's only played 2 or 3 games, and tends to be on the bench unused a lot this season . Is he coming back from injury or not in favour?

HatterDon

By all means, let's use the tried and true fan site method of finding good talent -- video games.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VegasFulham

All three players should be on our radar. All three are talented and have tons of potential. All three also have a lot of experience for their age.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/14/three-west-ham-talents-linked-with-january-exits-moyes-would-be/

VegasFulham

I will update each name with club info, age and relevant stats. Like goals and assists for forwards and wingers, assists and pass accuracy for midfielders and tackle success rate, duel win% etc for defenders and save % for keepers. I am sure I will add more too.

..FOF..

Signing players usually have the final decision makers looking at their non-footballing habits.

Like what did he do during his free time, how close he is to his family, how does he shops, etc, etc

Our American Owner should be familiar with this considering this is the method also used in the NFL.

Thus the reason full on Kline/TruMedia method of 100% based on OPTA datas does not produce desirable result.

Riversider

1, Ryan Woods Brentford, 23 year old midfield player, a special one Ninja, going to one day be a star, very good player indeed.
2, Alex Smithies QPR , very good goal keeper,
3, Luke Freeman QPR, creative midfield player, could cover for Cairney until he recovers,
4, Aden Flint Bristol City, Giant of a man, and the best centre half I've seen play at Craven Cottage this season,
5, Jordan Hugill Preston North End , big no nonsense striker, that holds the ball up and takes no prisoners, exactly what we need,
6, Harlee Dean Birmingham City, tough uncompromising centre half with a strong physical presence, him and Flint together would be a massive upgrade on Kalas and Ream

Those Six would improve us over night, and would make us physically stronger in both boxes, we might even start to score from corners !!
But what about the cost ? If we could find a club still willing to pay £30 million for Sessegnon then that's the bill covered ,
Would you trade Sess for those 6 ? I would rip your arm off !

@jolslover

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2017, 07:33:40 AM
1, Ryan Woods Brentford, 23 year old midfield player, a special one Ninja, going to one day be a star, very good player indeed.
3, Luke Freeman QPR, creative midfield player, could cover for Cairney until he recovers,
4, Aden Flint Bristol City, Giant of a man, and the best centre half I've seen play at Craven Cottage this season,
5, Jordan Hugill Preston North End , big no nonsense striker, that holds the ball up and takes no prisoners, exactly what we need,
6, Harlee Dean Birmingham City, tough uncompromising centre half with a strong physical presence, him and Flint together would be a massive upgrade on Kalas and Ream

Those Six would improve us over night, and would make us physically stronger in both boxes, we might even start to score from corners !!
But what about the cost ? If we could find a club still willing to pay £30 million for Sessegnon then that's the bill covered ,

If we played Flint and Dean with the same style we played now we would lose everygame about 6-0. Non starter if we play it out the back like we are now.
STH H3

MJG

how much would they all cost individually?
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2017, 07:48:23 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 14, 2017, 07:38:57 AM

If we played Flint and Dean with the same style we played now we would lose everygame about 6-0. Non starter if we play it out the back like we are now.

With Hugill adding a physical presence up top with an ability to hold the ball up, there wouldn't be a need to play the ball continuously out from the back would there ?
what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.

Milo

Agreed re: video games post.

Long lists of players who come good on Championship manager are pretty pointless.

Would be good to hear from fans who have a second team (ie lower league, local team) who have insight into young players breaking through the ranks that might otherwise slip through the net of our scouts.

aaronmcguigan

It's maybe not even the lower leagues. We've spent a pretty fortune on players in France, Belgium and Portugal to make squad full of average players. Maybe a few who can turn on the style in a few games then go missing in a few others.
Preston have managed to do that just by looking st the league of Ireland. Some great players they've picked up, no world beaters but saved millions by shopping at home. They are young too, the likes of Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire.

Like I said, no world beaters YET but young hungry players with potential who have done well so far shows you there is areas to expose in leagues closer to home who would have little problem adjusting cultures and styles. Just got to get the stats machine on a ryanair flight now..

Riversider

With Hugill adding a physical presence up top with an ability to hold the ball up, there wouldn't be a need to play the ball continuously out from the back would there ?
[/quote]what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

What are you talking about ? Seriously what are you talking about ?
Since when has a keeper kicking the ball in to the opposition half mean "going route one" please explain as I think you are talking nonsense,
There are 24 sides in The Championship, and only one that ponces about trying to play it out from the back, I'd say the vast majority of Fulham supporters are sick to death of watching it, but you are obviously in the minority, bit like your Brexit views.

@jolslover

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 14, 2017, 02:25:33 PM
It's maybe not even the lower leagues. We've spent a pretty fortune on players in France, Belgium and Portugal to make squad full of average players. Maybe a few who can turn on the style in a few games then go missing in a few others.
Preston have managed to do that just by looking st the league of Ireland. Some great players they've picked up, no world beaters but saved millions by shopping at home. They are young too, the likes of Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire.

Like I said, no world beaters YET but young hungry players with potential who have done well so far shows you there is areas to expose in leagues closer to home who would have little problem adjusting cultures and styles. Just got to get the stats machine on a ryanair flight now..

Saved millions shopping in Ireland and thats why they will finish mid table at best.
Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire. -- Genuinely none of these would make our bench, If you think player for player they are technically better than any of our starting 11 you are deluded.
STH H3

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2017, 03:32:04 PM

what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

What are you talking about ? Seriously what are you talking about ?
Since when has a keeper kicking the ball in to the opposition half mean "going route one" please explain as I think you are talking nonsense,
There are 24 sides in The Championship, and only one that ponces about trying to play it out from the back, I'd say the vast majority of Fulham supporters are sick to death of watching it, but you are obviously in the minority, bit like your Brexit views.
[/quote]my point is the manager doesn't want to play that way you want Scott.

Edit. What's my political views got to do with anything and as you clearly are on twitter what's your handle? Any one of them will do.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: @jolslover on November 14, 2017, 07:56:12 PM

Saved millions shopping in Ireland and thats why they will finish mid table at best.
Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire. -- Genuinely none of these would make our bench, If you think player for player they are technically better than any of our starting 11 you are deluded.

Didn't say I wanted those exact players, merely using an example but just to keep it up Maguire has scored the same as Fonte and Kamara combined, and the midtable you talk of would be a step up from where we are right now.

MJG

With all due respect what have my views on Brexit got to do with on here?
Two of you have made political comments yet usually people get jumped on here when anything like that is mentioned.
I'd ask that the political slant of the posts be removed please.