https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's help the scouts ....

Started by MikeW, November 13, 2017, 05:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasFulham

Quote from: Milo on November 14, 2017, 12:06:27 PM
Agreed re: video games post.

Long lists of players who come good on Championship manager are pretty pointless.

Would be good to hear from fans who have a second team (ie lower league, local team) who have insight into young players breaking through the ranks that might otherwise slip through the net of our scouts.

Everybody on my list I have watched play. Also watched youtube vids and read scouting reports. I agree that video game posts are useless.

VegasFulham

F- Samuel Kalu- Gent, Nigerian, 19yo
F- Sander Svendsen- Hammarby IF, Norwegian
W- Edison Flores- Aalborg, Peruvian
W- Kenny Saief- Gent, American
F- Eddie Nketiah- Arsenal FC, English, 18yo
F- Cyle Larin- Orlando City SC, Canadian
LM/LB- Kellyn Acosta- FC Dallas, American, 22yo
AM/F- Farouk Miya- Standard Liege, Ugandan
GK- Ethan Horvath- Club Brugge, American
AM- Hector Villalba- Atlanta United, Paraguayan
F- Ousman Manneh- Werder Bremen, Gambian, 19yo
F- Kekuta Manneh- Columbus Crew SC, American
RB- Andy Yiadom- Barnsley
F- Juergen Locadia- PSV, Dutch
CM- Nebiyou Perry- AIK, American/Swedish
RB- Linus Wahlqvist- IFK Norrkoping, Swedish
F- Che Adams- Birmingham City, English
F- Dwight Gayle- Newcastle United, English
LB- Declan John- Rangers, Welsh
CM- James Forrest- Celtic, Scottish
CM- Stuart Armstrong- Celtic, Scottish
LB- Emiliano Izaguirre- Celtic, Honduran
CB/DM- Olivier Ntcham- Celtic, Cameroonian
F- Bryan Reynolds- FC Dallas Academy, American
AM- Giovanni Reyna- NYCFC Academy, American
CM- James Sands- NYCFC, American
W- Jack Harrison- NYCFC, English
Johnathan Bamba- Saint Etienne, French
F- Clinton N'Jie- Marseille, Cameroonian
F- Adama Niane- Troyes, Malian
F/W- Toko Ekambi- Angers, Cameroonian
W/AM- Keagan Dolly- Montpellier, South African
CB- John Souttar- Hearts, Scottish
F/AM/W- Mimoun Mahi- Groningen, Morrocan
Percy Tau- Mamelodi Sundowns, South African
CB- Declan Rice- West Ham United, Irish
AM- Domingos Quina- West Ham United, Portuguese
CB- Reece Oxford- West Ham United/Borussia Monchengladbach(Loan), English
W/AM- Krepin Diatta- Sarpsborg, Senegalese
DM- Assane Diousse- Saint Etienne, Senegalese, 20yo

peaty

Quote from: MJG on November 14, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
With all due respect what have my views on Brexit got to do with on here?
Two of you have made political comments yet usually people get jumped on here when anything like that is mentioned.
I'd ask that the political slant of the posts be removed please.

Not sure about removing posts, but I support MJG here. I suspect many of the angrier people on this board -- and there are a few -- have strong feelings about Brexit. But what the hell has it got to do with FFC & scouting/talent acquisition?

VegasFulham

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2017, 03:32:04 PM

With Hugill adding a physical presence up top with an ability to hold the ball up, there wouldn't be a need to play the ball continuously out from the back would there ?
what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

What are you talking about ? Seriously what are you talking about ?
Since when has a keeper kicking the ball in to the opposition half mean "going route one" please explain as I think you are talking nonsense,
There are 24 sides in The Championship, and only one that ponces about trying to play it out from the back, I'd say the vast majority of Fulham supporters are sick to death of watching it, but you are obviously in the minority, bit like your Brexit views.
[/quote]

I do believe the definition of route one is a keeper kicking it into the opposition half for a physical forward to hold it up. See Allardyce and Kevin Davies at Bolton.

toshes mate

Agree wholeheartedly with the comments about videogames (someone found out where Kline spent most of his time, perhaps).

Hugill most certainly worth a shout (just ask Micky Adams this weekend).

Perhaps a little round table with the recruitment team, SJ, and his coaches talking together openly for the very first time would get the ball rolling, huh?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 14, 2017, 02:25:33 PM
It's maybe not even the lower leagues. We've spent a pretty fortune on players in France, Belgium and Portugal to make squad full of average players. Maybe a few who can turn on the style in a few games then go missing in a few others.
Preston have managed to do that just by looking st the league of Ireland. Some great players they've picked up, no world beaters but saved millions by shopping at home. They are young too, the likes of Horgan, Boyle, Horgan, OConnor and Seani Maguire.

Like I said, no world beaters YET but young hungry players with potential who have done well so far shows you there is areas to expose in leagues closer to home who would have little problem adjusting cultures and styles. Just got to get the stats machine on a ryanair flight now..

....and send them both to the moon on a one way ticket.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2017, 07:33:40 AM
1, Ryan Woods Brentford, 23 year old midfield player, a special one Ninja, going to one day be a star, very good player indeed.
2, Alex Smithies QPR , very good goal keeper,
3, Luke Freeman QPR, creative midfield player, could cover for Cairney until he recovers,
4, Aden Flint Bristol City, Giant of a man, and the best centre half I've seen play at Craven Cottage this season,
5, Jordan Hugill Preston North End , big no nonsense striker, that holds the ball up and takes no prisoners, exactly what we need,
6, Harlee Dean Birmingham City, tough uncompromising centre half with a strong physical presence, him and Flint together would be a massive upgrade on Kalas and Ream

Those Six would improve us over night, and would make us physically stronger in both boxes, we might even start to score from corners !!
But what about the cost ? If we could find a club still willing to pay £30 million for Sessegnon then that's the bill covered ,
Would you trade Sess for those 6 ? I would rip your arm off !

Just reposted this for a bit of fun as the names of Ryan Woods and Luke Freeman had appeared over night on the transfer thread,
If you want your news two months early stick with Friends of Fulham 😁
Would I still swap all those players for Ryan ? I'm not sure, Would our squad be strengthened with the addition of those players ?
Yes.

gang

If the scouts need help this late we shouldn't sign anybody.

OdecaMynoT

Graham Carey(Plymouth Argyle)

A No. 10 with a sweet left peg. Perfect TC replacement without dodgy knee
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

colinwhite

Riversider ...... Poncing about playing passes from the back . ???
Have to agree with MJG . We have a team playing some fantastic football and you still arent happy with 7 wins out of 8 . Why not just come right out and say what you really think ?
Freeman would fit right in ,but the others ? Im afraid not and as MJG pointed out its not rocket science to work out that they would NOT fit in with the style that we are currently being so sucessful with.

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on November 14, 2017, 03:32:04 PM

With Hugill adding a physical presence up top with an ability to hold the ball up, there wouldn't be a need to play the ball continuously out from the back would there ?
what your saying is get rid of Slav and go route one. He doesn't want to play that style.
[/quote]

What are you talking about ? Seriously what are you talking about ?
Since when has a keeper kicking the ball in to the opposition half mean "going route one" please explain as I think you are talking nonsense,
There are 24 sides in The Championship, and only one that ponces about trying to play it out from the back, I'd say the vast majority of Fulham supporters are sick to death of watching it, but you are obviously in the minority, bit like your Brexit views.
[/quote]

We don't "ponce about" we play intelligent passing football that has taken us to second highest goalscorers in the division.  I love watching it (and I don't propose to share with you my views on Brexit).   Now who is talking nonsense?

Southfield White

I think I must be in the minority , and agree with MJG
as I want us to keep playing out from the back, when other teams press us high up, that's when we play a little forward quicker, but not just a punt from the keeper.

I admit I'm a Football purest and want us to play the nice passing game.
The Keeper is key and has to be more than just a keeper now a days.

Scouts should be looking for what type of player a manager wants and players who can fit into a system, there's the odd occasion when you see a talented player and he may not fit into a manager system, it's then down to a club to say do we sign that player and hope we can coach him into that system.

I've got friends in the game that are scouts at top clubs, I don't think the average fan really understands what goes on inscouting and signing players.

I've coached kids teams and coached them to play out from the back long before it became popular in the men's game, but of course kids football is different to pro football and your are coaching for them to be developed into better players long term where in the pro game, yes you want to develop and improve players but the result of a game is more important and in kids football.

HV71

I'm all for " Carry on Poncing " best football we have seen for years . I'm with MJG , Colinwhite and Twig

Proud to Ponce !!!!!

gang

Quote from: HV71 on January 29, 2018, 12:11:31 PM
I'm all for " Carry on Poncing " best football we have seen for years . I'm with MJG , Colinwhite and Twig

Proud to Ponce !!!!!

+1

grandad

Quote from: HV71 on January 29, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

Proud to Ponce !!!!!

Me too  092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

MrFFC

Hugill would be ideal for us. Freeman another good player. Liam Moore also would be worth a look
Come on you Whites!! :)

KJS

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on January 29, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
Graham Carey(Plymouth Argyle)

A No. 10 with a sweet left peg. Perfect TC replacement without dodgy knee

Good call and we can just remove the I & N from TC's shirt an re-cycle it  049:gif

cmg

For the record I, too, am 'pro poncing' (and anti the snide political jibes that occasionally creep in).

I guess people are entitled to the view that they have better knowledge than our scouting staff of the availability, relative value and suitability of players that would strengthen our squad. Personally I doubt it.
I may be wrong, too, in my view that the club keeps a comprehensive database of suitable players from all likely sources and that we constantly update the 'selling price' of our own players. Possibly this is all done on the back of a fag packet, but, again, I doubt it.
It may be that the way forward is to go back to the 1950s in playing style and type of recruit but I very much doubt that.

Aden Flint is an almost permanent fixture on this sort of thread and an excellent centre-back he is too but I don't think we can just click our fingers, open the chequebook and hey-presto he will be pulling on a Fulham jersey. I can see no evidence that Bristol City, to whom he is contracted to 2020, would be willing to let him go nor any reason, under current circumstances, why he would be keen to move.
Identifying suitable targets is different from wishful thinking.

toshes mate

As a minority of one, and aiming to keep it that way, I love the way Fulham play football these days and it constantly reminds of the times Fulham played the game under Malcolm MacDonald's custodianship and I feel the same feelings now as I felt then.   And they're all good.

My political views are no different to what they were all those years ago either although my belief in them is probably stronger than ever before. But that is nothing to do with Fulham FC, although it has everything to do with my minority party of one. Membership of that has, sensibly, never been open.   

Riversider

Quote from: cmg on January 29, 2018, 01:16:17 PM
For the record I, too, am 'pro poncing' (and anti the snide political jibes that occasionally creep in).

I guess people are entitled to the view that they have better knowledge than our scouting staff of the availability, relative value and suitability of players that would strengthen our squad. Personally I doubt it.
I may be wrong, too, in my view that the club keeps a comprehensive database of suitable players from all likely sources and that we constantly update the 'selling price' of our own players. Possibly this is all done on the back of a fag packet, but, again, I doubt it.
It may be that the way forward is to go back to the 1950s in playing style and type of recruit but I very much doubt that.

Aden Flint is an almost permanent fixture on this sort of thread and an excellent centre-back he is too but I don't think we can just click our fingers, open the chequebook and hey-presto he will be pulling on a Fulham jersey. I can see no evidence that Bristol City, to whom he is contracted to 2020, would be willing to let him go nor any reason, under current circumstances, why he would be keen to move.
Identifying suitable targets is different from wishful thinking.

I think you are taking things out of context, there weren't lots of people on here talking about Aden Flint on here back in November were there, the title of this thread was "Let's help the scouts" not "Who have we got a divine right to sign"
I brought this thread back up today  as we were suddenly getting linked with Freeman and Woods, that's all , nothing more , nothing less, is that ok ?