watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What we need now

Started by Southcoastffc, November 06, 2017, 01:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

more than anything is for we supporters to support whichever players are on the pitch, the coach. Support them noisily and enthusiastically.  (Apparently when David Wagner first went to Huddersfield he was surprised how quiet the crowd was and met with their supporters trust and club management to change things, reportedly successfully.)  It's our club and it needs us. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

"....pitch and the coach....."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

OK but we all know that the players have to give the fans something to respond to, recent performances when it has looked as if we were never going to score have just left us in a state of goal less shock.

MJG

Quote from: filham on November 15, 2017, 06:18:12 PM
OK but we all know that the players have to give the fans something to respond to, recent performances when it has looked as if we were never going to score have just left us in a state of goal less shock.
Sometimes its the players who inspire a crowd or as with 'stand up...' stuff its the other way round.
The request from Southcoast is we support them from the start.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

Thats a piont,we are the people who pay to watch and you expect players to be able to take resposibility for not only influencing matters on the pitch but having passion and desire to represent and play for the shirt and the fans ,so it is a two way street.

Lighthouse

Supporters and fans are the most gullible of people. But the team has to look as if they are trying to put in the effort and at least have a modicum of respect and some idea what to do. The fans will support and follow them to defeat if they put in a performance.

Just repeating the slow wibble wobble football with no end product will only end in tears.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on November 15, 2017, 08:36:13 PM
Thats a piont,we are the people who pay to watch and you expect players to be able to take resposibility for not only influencing matters on the pitch but having passion and desire to represent and play for the shirt and the fans ,so it is a two way street.

There lies the answer.
There is certainly not enough genuine passion, desire, appetite or hunger on the pitch or real Leadership, that is evident right at the start of each match.
The same in the dugout/technical area also, no heart beat on and off the pitch. The two should run in conjunction with each other.
So what is the conversation in the dressing room before each match, who influences the team talk. It cannot be Jok as it is difficult to understand what he says, he would send them to sleep.
So it has to go deeper than that.
I am sure all will be revealed sooner rather than later. Somebody needs to start using the X-ray machine again to reveal where the fractures in the club lay.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 16, 2017, 05:18:13 AM

There lies the answer.
There is certainly not enough genuine passion, desire, appetite or hunger on the pitch or real Leadership, that is evident right at the start of each match.
The same in the dugout/technical area also, no heart beat on and off the pitch. The two should run in conjunction with each other.
So what is the conversation in the dressing room before each match, who influences the team talk. It cannot be Jok as it is difficult to understand what he says, he would send them to sleep.
I am sure all will be revealed sooner rather than later. Somebody needs to start using the X-ray machine again to reveal where the fractures in the club lay.

There lies the answer.
This to me says behind the scenes ,it isnt a healthy place and all the hard work from last season has been wasted and its there behind the scenes we need khan sr to get off his a••e over to motspur pk  from america and sort it as he will never get to the PL by ignoring it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on November 16, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

There lies the answer.

There lies the answer.
This to me says behind the scenes ,it isnt a healthy place and all the hard work from last season has been wasted and its there behind the scenes we need khan sr to get off his a••e over to motspur pk  from america and sort it as he will never get to the PL by ignoring it.

I agree wholeheartedly 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Agree with the OP - I'm firmly in the  'get behind the team from the start' camp, rather than the  'it's up to them to inspire us to get behind them' one, which seems the predominant attitude these days.

Woolly Mammoth

Times have changed, players get payed very healthy wages, and have more money than sense, and their loyalty isn't what it use to be as their agents make sure of that. They get paid for kicking a ball. The supporters pay to watch. He who pays the piper calls the tune.
Players no longer have to play to pay their mortgage.
There was a time that I would cheer Fulham on through thick and thin from the start and still cheer them when we were 0 4 down as long as they were trying.
These days players are more like actors than entertainers.
Too many players walk off at the end of a game, looking like they have just walked out of the dry cleaners. Hardly an ounce of mud on their kit.
I have done my fair share of support encouraging and cheering, time all these players rolled their sleeves up, started sweating blood, and put some fire in their bellies, and I include the coaching staff.
That is why the Cottage has become three cheap points for visitors and their fans, too much red carpet treatment.
Our players have got to start punching their weight, as has the Manager. They are too much in their comfort zones, and Jok and the players are equally to blame. Too many milky players recruited recently who have the heart the size of a peanut instead of a football. I question their strength of character and resolve, something a stats machine fails to pick up, as well as the bloke working it.
We are a soft touch and everyone knows it, a shameful state of affairs.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

There lies the answer.

And so say all of us, And so say all of us ! Well said  Sir,
What a load of nonsense to even mildly attempt to apportion even 1% of blame to the supporters for this horrific season,
Let's see 11 eleven players walk out on to the pitch on Saturday with their chests puffed out with pride, with eleven players prepared to die for the cause, eleven players that look as though they actually want to be there , eleven players that actually try,
That's all we ask for as supporters , if all those things are in evidence in the first 15 minutes or so then you needn't worry about noise and passion from the supporters as it will follow naturally.
If none of the above happen, as hasn't happened for virtually every home game this season, then our support is perfectly entitled to show their feelings in any way they see fit.

Woolly Mammoth

The manager and the players have had a couple of weeks to chew the fat. We shall find out on Saturday if it has done them any good.

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

I don't think anyone is blaming the fans, I just think that  supporting the players from the start is likely to have a more positive affect on their performance.

I suppose it depends on whether or not you believe that psychological factors, like confidence and self-belief, play a hidden factor in players' performance, however hard they might try.

But you pays your money and takes your choice.

Woolly Mammoth

Confidence plays a large part in a sportsman's performance. That is where the Coach/Manager plays his part, not forgetting the individual player himself.
The fact that they are so well paid to do a job, some people would give their right arm to do, unless they were a Goalkeeper, should be more than enough to motivate themselves.
I expect if they are concentrating and wrapped up in the game anyway, they shouldn't even notice the crowd.
But the present outfit we are supporting do not currently look anywhere near hungry enough, let alone confident.
In the absence of anyone else to blame. This is down to the Manager, as well as the player, who should show a strong character, which is another point the stats machine does not flag up.
So all in all the current clubs system and philosophy is not working, and the responsibility for this starts at the top, not at the feet of the supporters.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Every home game this season the fans have showed vocally support from the off,i know that for a fact,that wont be any different tomorrow.
Time for the players to give something back.Tomorrow!