Author Topic: Goodbye Italy!  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Neil D

• Legend
Re: Goodbye Italy!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 01:36:03 PM »
The Gazzetta dello Sport comments favourably on England's successful 'under' teams and suggests that this is the way forward on how to build for the future.  Dumping the clueless Ventura is at least an upside for the national team going forward.

Offline jarv

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
I watched both legs and started rooting for the swedes when Italy got up to all their old cheating tricks in the first leg. Very poor from them. The second leg, the Italians were simply out coached.

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 05:00:47 PM »
With the Dutch out, there won't be any "total" football. Not that its done them, Arsenal or us much good. With Italy out, there won't be as many Oscar awards for diving and knee grabbing. With the US out, there will be a shortage of teams for me to support. England has always been a favorite of mine, even if they are boring to watch (sorry). Guess I'll watch you lot and maybe find a dark horse to ride. Costa Rico anyone?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
I thought the USA had a case to appeal against the goal that never was in that Panama game, whereupon, the Panama goal never crossed the line.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Offline JoelH5

• Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »
I thought the USA had a case to appeal against the goal that never was in that Panama game, whereupon, the Panama goal never crossed the line.

Yeah, it was fraud but it’s been brought to light in the Panama papers ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Offline Slaphead in Qatar

• Legend
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »
Italy may be naughty boys with their theatrics. However I like them, they bring something different to the game with there cagey, streetwise style.

Offline Neil D

• Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
I watched both legs and started rooting for the swedes when Italy got up to all their old cheating tricks in the first leg. Very poor from them.
As opposed to the nose-breaking Swedes?  That said, Italy were inept and, in the first leg at least, short of ambition and and a simple desire to win.  They deserved to fail.

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
I’d rather Italy than Sweden personally
Every day is a Fulham day

Give us a follow @dgsonnet & @Fulham_Focus
Email- Fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
Italy may be naughty boys with their theatrics. However I like them, they bring something different to the game with there cagey, streetwise style.
Italy will be missed in the final, they were the team a lot of us watched in the hope of seeing them beaten.

Offline Bertie Wooster

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:10 PM »
I am an Italian cottager....
This is our punishment for all those pencils stolen at Ikea.....

Offline Bertie Wooster

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »
With the Dutch out, there won't be any "total" football. Not that its done them, Arsenal or us much good. With Italy out, there won't be as many Oscar awards for diving and knee grabbing. With the US out, there will be a shortage of teams for me to support. England has always been a favorite of mine, even if they are boring to watch (sorry). Guess I'll watch you lot and maybe find a dark horse to ride. Costa Rico anyone?

How many common places....
Italy won four times the World Cup by diving then?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:45:06 PM by Bertie Wooster »

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 11:44:28 PM »

US win an appeal against a Latin country in COCACAF?   064.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 12:19:08 AM »

US win an appeal against a Latin country in COCACAF?   064.gif

I take your point, but it is so wrong, bordering on corruption.

Offline Carborundum

• Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
I cling to the hope that at some point in my lifetime, England win the World Cup so that me and those whom I love, including those who don't normally like football, get to go joyously nuts for some hours, perhaps days.  Italy's elimination improves that prospect by a small fraction.  So it's a good thing. 

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »
I cling to the hope that at some point in my lifetime, England win the World Cup so that me and those whom I love, including those who don't normally like football, get to go joyously nuts for some hours, perhaps days.  Italy's elimination improves that prospect by a small fraction.  So it's a good thing. 

I was at Wembley in 1966, and I can assure you that at the time it felt better than sex.