https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Derby

Started by J.Perkins, November 14, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 15, 2017, 11:49:59 AM
Quote from: davew on November 15, 2017, 11:38:13 AM
I can only see another defeat for us on Saturday, we just don't have 11 players good enough or available to take on Derby!
Blimey Dave, even by your standards thats an early start with the gloom!!

Sadly, I think you may be right.
LOL, woke up this morning feeling depressed then went onto this board, hence the early start!! On a positive note, I cannot see how a team can be picked which doesn't include Odoi!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: supersimmo123 on November 15, 2017, 11:57:34 AM
I would play Odoi in there. We really need someone with energy who can just break up play. Bring Kalas back in.  I would go.

Button

Fredericks       Kalas            Ream       Soares (Should be fit after this break now)

Odoi
                TC                        Norwood

Ojo (if fit).                                              Sess
                           Fonte

Although his finishing was terrible against QPR and Burton Ojo's pace just caused mega problems. I think the time for Soares to play if he is going to is now. If we have a rumoured 15 million agreed depending on promotion this lad must be able to play. He looked off the pace and knackered against Wolves so I would expect him to be doing heavy fitness work over these next 2 weeks. Choosing the front man is the hardest thing at the moment. Fonte just edges it for me, he experience gets him the start over Kamara.
I would go for Kamara instead of Fonte, he may look raw but offers more pace, strength and enthusiasm than Fonte.

Essential that every man is fully match fit and therefore we have to question if Cairney is ready to start.

Moobs Like Dejagaha

I am with Brightster#2: time to play Betts.

Woolly Mammoth

I can only see another defeat for us on Saturday, we just don't have 11 players good enough or available to take on Derby!

We need to sign at least 4 wingers in the January Window.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 15, 2017, 11:49:59 AM
Blimey Dave, even by your standards thats an early start with the gloom!!

Sadly, I think you may be right.
Have to agree without KMac we are even smaller and will likely suffer defending anything in the air.

Jims Dentist

Rowett is a really good Championship manager, and in previous encounters has pretty much outsmarted us.

@jolslover

Quote from: Moobs Like Dejagaha on November 15, 2017, 09:46:20 PM

What??? Buttons been one of our best players this season
STH H3

J.Perkins

ScalleysDad

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 16, 2017, 09:04:52 PM

Things are bad enough.

It does seem odd does'nt it but I do understand why people want change. Button has been Man of the Match material a couple of times and invariably stops at least one more goal per game ruining our stats. As if to highlight our current predicament Button, Kmac, Sess in a luxurious free role and possibly Odoi would be my only regular starters at the moment.

davew

Quote from: @jolslover on November 16, 2017, 07:52:47 PM

What??? Buttons been one of our best players this season
Agree with you, how is Betts going to help us score goals, is he any good playing up front??

davew

Going back to the change keeper comment, clutching at straws springs to mind!! Now enjoying a Delboy special g & t, 1st tonight!!

Mince n Tatties

We're playing a 4 3 3.

Button.

Fred Kalas Ream Sess
Norwood Cisse Johansen
Ayite Fonte Cairney.

Woolly Mammoth

I really could not hazard a guess to which starting 11 will be selected. I get the feeling up until the Wolves match the Manager was starting to stick pins in the names on a squad list with his eyes closed.
Which was more or less what our last two managers resulted in doing prior to their demise.
I am not saying the same thing will happen to the current manager.
Maybe the two week break has bought him time to take stock, and seriously consider how he is going to set his stall out on our Home Ground v Derby.
Then again maybe he hasn't, and he knew his starting 11 the day after the Wolves match.
Nevertheless, there is a pattern developing.

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

Just please,  not Sess at left back.

Woolly Mammoth

I feel that if Jok starts Sess at left back, that is a bad move, and shows that nothing has been learned.
Wing back yes, or left wing.

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 17, 2017, 03:29:18 AM
I feel that if Jok starts Sess at left back, that is a bad move, and shows that nothing has been learned.
Wing back yes, or left wing.

This is the worry. Even though nothing is really working atm, Jokanovic seems to change nothing.

Bassey the warrior

I agree Sess shouldn't play left back. Maybe Odoi, especially as he's good in the air. Not a game to give Rafa his debut.

Cisse should play to give us some steel.  Kebano must play but not Mollo. I can see him getting kicked one time too many and reacting to get sent off.

Kamara is not a lone striker and Fonte should lead the line.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Asotosyios on November 17, 2017, 01:11:02 AM

Love Madl but would he be match fit, would Cisse be better? Deffo Odoi for Sess.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2017, 06:27:11 PM
Is it confirmed that McDonald and Johansen are out, or just a forum rumour?

...and is it confirmed that Cairney is *not* out, or is that just a forum rumour?

Genuine question

McDonald is suspended.

The rumour about Johansen that you are referring to was probably started by me. I started a thread based on interviews he did during the last international break where he said he has a painful groin injury that will require surgery at some point. I have no idea if the club used the international break for his operation or if they've simply rested him. He is pictured training with the team this week but he was not in Norway's squad for the international games (and he is their team captain). Either he's rested and will play (most likely not at 100% like he's done all season) or he's had the operation that will probably leave him out for a couple of weeks.

Cairney... who knows but he's clearly not been the same after his knee injury.

Strange how the club always lists the opposition team's injuries in detail but so little about our own...