watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Derby

Started by J.Perkins, November 14, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Kebano has a hip problem and will be assessed ahead of tomorrow. Johanson has had treatment and should be fit for tomorrow. Norwood will replace McDonald.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

I doubt many fans at other Clubs are weighing up team selection, square pegs in round holes or a solid formation, a 100% performance, tactics, a game plan and adapting that game plan, substitutions that work and more goals for than against as much as us. Going to be a busy Saturday afternoon.

Riversider

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 16, 2017, 09:42:47 PM
We're playing a 4 3 3.

Button.

Fred Kalas Ream Sess
Norwood Cisse Johansen
Ayite Fonte Cairney.

By some distance, the worst suggested starting eleven so far, you Sir should take a bow. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

filham

We have been kicking a possible team to play Derby around all week and have come up with a good few alternatives
The crux of the matter is our midfield which really hasn't performed up to expectations all season and probably is the main reason for our poor performances. It has become clear that Cairney and Johansen have not been 100% fit for any match and tomorrow McDonald who has been holding things together is suspended.

The temptation is for the Coach  to play Cairney and Johansen even if they are still not 100% fit. I think tomorrow we will need a fully fit team to match a physical Derby team and that if there is any doubt about the fitness of Cainey and Johansen they should watch the match from the stands.

The selected midfield players will have to provide defensive cover for the back four and attacking flare. I would go for:-

Odoi
                                          Norewood       Sessegnon

Sess. just has to be moved out of the left back position and he could blossom in a more attacking role.

aaronmcguigan

Mollo just confirmed he's in training with the u23 team tomoro

JackHFFC1990

My team personally would be

Bettinelli
Fredericks Kalas Ream Soares
                     Norwood
                 Cairney Johansen
Ayite                                      Sessegon
                        Kamara
Subs - Button , Odoi , Edun , Ciise, Kebano , Graham , Fonte

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2017, 11:49:38 PM
I shall not even hazard a guess what the starting 11 will be.
But it needs to be well balanced, and we need to ensure we have a solid defensive unit to give us a launching pad, with plenty of traffic in midfield. We need to break them up when they have the ball. The defence has to be resilient and that includes the keeper.
Derby will no doubt close us down quickly, and we must be aware of not giving the Ball away cheaply in defensive areas.
We also need someone up front will ensure the ball sticks. 
Jok has to get the midfield right, that's the engine room.
What is important is that the 11 who start have to get their act together right from the whistle.
They all have to bust a gut and win their own battles.
The players and the manager have had plenty of time to think about this game. We are at home, it's time the team delivered.
"We also need someone up front will ensure the ball sticks." - and there's the rub. I am not sure that is going to happen. Jok may be the best carpenter around, but if his saw is missing teeth, and those he has are blunt, then he will leave a jagged edge.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 18, 2017, 10:48:35 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2017, 11:49:38 PM
I shall not even hazard a guess what the starting 11 will be.
But it needs to be well balanced, and we need to ensure we have a solid defensive unit to give us a launching pad, with plenty of traffic in midfield. We need to break them up when they have the ball. The defence has to be resilient and that includes the keeper.
Derby will no doubt close us down quickly, and we must be aware of not giving the Ball away cheaply in defensive areas.
We also need someone up front will ensure the ball sticks. 
Jok has to get the midfield right, that's the engine room.
What is important is that the 11 who start have to get their act together right from the whistle.
They all have to bust a gut and win their own battles.
The players and the manager have had plenty of time to think about this game. We are at home, it's time the team delivered.
"We also need someone up front will ensure the ball sticks." - and there's the rub. I am not sure that is going to happen. Jok may be the best carpenter around, but if his saw is missing teeth, and those he has are blunt, then he will leave a jagged edge.

If the wood is from the finest of English Oak, then his saw will have no problem. However if it is soft bolsa wood, then we are on a sticky wicket.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.