Author Topic: Micky Adams return on Saturday  (Read 672 times)

Offline Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
Micky Adams return on Saturday
« on: November 14, 2017, 03:59:51 PM »
With Micky returning on Saturday it got me thinking, do we need somebody of his stature working at the club today,
It must be as frustrating as hell for Slavisa to have to deal directly with the suits especially as none of them have got any football knowledge whatsoever,
So why not hire a go between , (a Director of football if you like) somebody that Slavisa can discuss football matters with, so that he doesn't have to deal with Khan Jnr or any of his cronies,
Likewise, the suits can deal with a Micky Adams type instead of having to deal with our sometimes brash Serbian Manager,
At a time when morale is low on and off the pitch, wouldn't it give the entire club a lift to make an appointment like this ?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:16:28 PM by Riversider »

Offline Keynsham

• Graham Leggat
Re: Micky Adams return on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »
And you think Adam's is any less brash?!

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:10 PM »
I don’t think either Micky Adams or Slavisa are brash in any way. They fight their corner as any football professional would.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:15:50 PM by Woolly Mammoth »
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Offline ron

• cebu
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »
Go-betweens seldom add anything to management except an element of ‘Chinese whispers’

Offline Keynsham

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
I don’t think either Micky Adams or Slavisa are brash in any way. They fight their corner as would any football professional would.

Actually, you're right.  They just don't take any shat.

Offline MikeW

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 05:20:03 PM »
Shat?  The passive of poo?  Oh hang on, I'm getting deep into the **** here!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Offline Keynsham

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »
It was the first thing I could think of that would get through the filters!   064.gif

But yeah, to have shat oneself is exactly that.

Offline MikeW

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Very good!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:40 AM »
Mickey Adams, now there’s a Football Manager who knows how to orchestrate passion and the will to win from a football team. A professional football man that this club needs in some capacity.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:24:34 AM by Woolly Mammoth »

Offline Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 01:57:35 PM »
Mickey Adams, now there’s a Football Manager who knows how to orchestrate passion and the will to win from a football team. A professional football man that this club needs in some capacity.

How long would Kline have lasted if he had tried to get involved in day to day football matters involving the squad if Micky Adams had been there ?
Fulham Football Club are crying out for an experienced football person to work above Jokanovic and below Tony Khan, why others can't see it is beyond me.

Offline Twig

• cebu
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 06:59:53 PM »
Why does Joka need an experienced football person above him?  He has experience.  Not sure what an extra layer in the chain of command would add?  In business I was never a fan of too many layers of management and I thin the same applies to a football club.

Offline Statto

• cebu
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

How long would Kline have lasted if he had tried to get involved in day to day football matters involving the squad if Micky Adams had been there ?
Fulham Football Club are crying out for an experienced football person to work above Jokanovic and below Tony Khan, why others can't see it is beyond me.

Micky Adams is a Fulham hero/legend but let's be honest, he's spent most of his managerial career around league 2 and his last job was in the Irish league. I'm sure he'd admit himself that he doesn't have the pedigree to be Jokanovic's boss.

Ironically when Talbot appointed his son as a scout, joining from Chesham, where he was manager, everyone seemed to dismiss that experience as worthless and claim the apppointment was nepotistic. So we are saying 7th tier managerial experience isn't good enough to be a junior scout but 4th tier managerial experience is suddenly good enough to be DoF, essentially running the place.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:13:42 PM by Statto »

Offline alfie

• cebu
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »
I don’t think either Micky Adams or Slavisa are brash in any way. They fight their corner as any football professional would.
Well I worked when Adams was there and he could be a right vindictive nasty so and so.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
Well I worked when Adams was there and he could be a right vindictive nasty so and so.

I expect he could, but so can the vast majority of managers, especially the ones who have to work on a shoestring, and do not have access to a cheque book to use as a crutch to buy their success.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:01:09 AM by Woolly Mammoth »

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:30 AM »
Id get mickey in the dressing room before the game and give them a team talk before stepping out on the pitch v derby!