watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Look around the cottage

Started by Andy S, November 16, 2017, 01:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Look around the cottage At the age of Fulham supporters it is high with very few younger supporters coming along. If cost is prohibitive it's is not getting better any time soon

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps the next time the Chairman bothers to pay a visit, assuming he remembers his way to the Ground.
Somebody could point this out to him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

To be fair I think my ST at the Hammy End in H8 is stoncking value.  Not sure it could be much cheaper.  The price of rubbish f & b at the ground is my only problem.

hovewhite

My S/T in the riverside money wise is superb value also.

MJG

Quote from: Andy S on November 16, 2017, 01:33:12 AM
Look around the cottage At the age of Fulham supporters it is high with very few younger supporters coming along. If cost is prohibitive it's is not getting better any time soon
I think are prices are very good really. The kids season ticket prices are very low.
Yes the report thats just come out shows we have the highest ST, but also the 3rd lowest.

What I would like to see in those kind of figures is the total number at each price band. That would give you a better idea of what the average cost is.
We might have one at over £900 per season, but in reality how many seats are at that price? Likewise how many at £259?

I dont believe its costs that are keeping youngsters away from CC or other grounds as the report suggests. Its a wider choice of leisure activities and modern life styles.
But then on the other hand you read a report the other day and attendances are very high.
Just the views of a long term fan

flyingfish

Tbh i always think that there are loads of kids in the ground, brought by parents so the new blood is potentially there. Junior season tickets are basically free when you take into account the free shirt voucher. I expect its the ages in between, teens and twenties who might struggle to afford it 

MJG

There will certainly be an error rate on this and may be wide of the mark and these are only from online polls, but from all the surveys I have done over the years I try to ask the age ranges. If you take the aveagre it works out like this:

Under 20  has 14% of participants

21-40 has 39% of participants

41+ has 47% of participants.

Now I have no idea how that demographic relates to the average crowd age at a football ground, but I suspect its not far off.
A couple of stats I did read a year or two ago was that PL season Tickets for kids accounted for 12% of attendances and that the average age of a ST holder in the PL was 41.
Just the views of a long term fan

Carborundum

Youngsters are perhaps best viewed as apprentice old codgers.  Not so very long ago attendances at Fulham, of all age groups, was a few thousand people.  Things seem pretty healthy now.

I'm a live football nut.  Have been since the first live game I went to at the age of six.  But in my teenage years and twenties I went to far fewer games than I do now.  Earning money on a Saturday, traditional teenage pursuits, working overseas and the demands of a young family all affected how much live football I watched.  I'm glad they did. 

As a glass half full optimist I look around the Cottage and see thousands of young people who are learning that live football is simply a superior offering to football on TV.  My season ticket holding son plays football on a Sunday, goes to the Cottage, plays FIFA on the PlayStation, reads about football and watches YouTube channels talking about transfer rumours.  He asks to stay up to watch transfer deadline coverage.  Basically he has the bug at least as badly as I have and happily he's a better player too.  But he has no interest in watching live football on TV.  My take: it's actually Sky that should be worried about the younger generation, not FFC.

Lighthouse

When us older fans first went to football it was aimed at most people. At 13 quid a week wage. I could travel to many games home and away. Buy a prog and have a cheap take away. In comparison today that was good value. Nowadays there so many competing interests and the entertainment value I believe has dropped off. Money into the game has made it wonderful to watch on tv. But we seem to have reached a saturation peak.

I miss going to the matches but then other things fill the day it took to go to and from a game. I think we will slowly see a drop off in support on tv and at the grounds. The clubs will have to adjust accordingly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Things just can't continue in the present manner, Championship prices will have to fall and clubs will have to spend less on wages and transfer fees,
A wage cap is essential.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 16, 2017, 04:44:20 AM
Perhaps the next time the Chairman bothers to pay a visit, assuming he remembers his way to the Ground.
I get so fed up with this type of comment, the bloke lives in America, Mo used to come until he moved to Switzerland, then he very rarely came.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on November 16, 2017, 10:58:52 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 16, 2017, 04:44:20 AM
I get so fed up with this type of comment, the bloke lives in America, Mo used to come until he moved to Switzerland, then he very rarely came.

If I want to be nagged, I shall ask my Mrs to do it. You must try and cease being so naive.
Don't you think I get fed up with your type of comments defending the indefensible.
Anyway what's Mo got to do with it, did I mention him. There is no comparison between the two Chairman.
The fact that the bloke lives in America and the club is in England, and it is clear even to a recluse living in a cave on Mars that there are ongoing problems.
Khan is 3000 Miles away relying on hearsay and third party reports, from individuals who tell him only what they want him to know.
The fact that it is not happy families shows it isn't working, in fact all problems have literally the same catalyst, the Chairman.
He doesn't know what's going on, otherwise we wouldnt be discussing this pigs ear of a profusion of problems since he bought the club.
Let's face it, it probably goes even deeper, and it's a lot worse than we realise.
We only know so much, what about all the issues that we don't know about that has no doubt gone on, but they have covered it up and closed ranks.
Probably too ashamed to reveal, they should try and be transparent for once.
I expect the staff have been instructed to not comment.
We only found out about Kline at the time, cause he called the Constabulary. 
Plus he isn't employing the right people who themselves aren't employing the right people, amateurish is too mild a word.
Also the fact he employs his son who employed his best mate should tell you that they do not have this clubs best interest at heart, his philosophy is, it's not what you know, it's who you know.   
He has enough hidden agendas to sink a ship. 
These issues have been going on ever since he became Chairman. if you are fed up with this sort of comment, then seek professional advice for anger management classes.
I cannot help you, unless you at least try and help yourself.

Never forget your Roots.

G_Gribby

I read somewhere (do not remember where, maybe it's age) that Fulham has London's highest middle age among the clubs. I say give the youngsters safe standing at the Hammersmith and we get more youth and a better atmosphere at Craven Cottage.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: G_Gribby on November 17, 2017, 10:49:48 AM
I read somewhere (do not remember where, maybe it's age) that Fulham has London's highest middle age among the clubs. I say give the youngsters safe standing at the Hammersmith and we get more youth and a better atmosphere at Craven Cottage.

There is certainly a strong case for an area of safe standing.

Never forget your Roots.

Mitch

Quote from: Andy S on November 16, 2017, 01:33:12 AM

Don't think this is true. My brother at 17 pays less than a ton for a season ticket bang in the middle of the Hammersmith End. Kids prices are excellent.

If there's something to credit our club for, it's ticket prices for home fans.

Burt

Season ticket prices are very competitive, and assuming you go to all the matches then for me and Burt Jr it works out at an average of around £11 per match, which is cheaper than a ticket for the cinema nowadays.

In terms of supporter demographics, given the proximity of the London-based premier league clubs, I think attendances have held up pretty well since our relegation and there always seems to be a fair mix of age groups.