watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Micky Adams return on Saturday

Started by Riversider, November 14, 2017, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

With Micky returning on Saturday it got me thinking, do we need somebody of his stature working at the club today,
It must be as frustrating as hell for Slavisa to have to deal directly with the suits especially as none of them have got any football knowledge whatsoever,
So why not hire a go between , (a Director of football if you like) somebody that Slavisa can discuss football matters with, so that he doesn't have to deal with Khan Jnr or any of his cronies,
Likewise, the suits can deal with a Micky Adams type instead of having to deal with our sometimes brash Serbian Manager,
At a time when morale is low on and off the pitch, wouldn't it give the entire club a lift to make an appointment like this ?

Keynsham

And you think Adam's is any less brash?!

Woolly Mammoth

I don't think either Micky Adams or Slavisa are brash in any way. They fight their corner as any football professional would.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Go-betweens seldom add anything to management except an element of 'Chinese whispers'

Keynsham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2017, 05:13:10 PM
I don't think either Micky Adams or Slavisa are brash in any way. They fight their corner as would any football professional would.

Actually, you're right.  They just don't take any shat.

MikeW

Shat?  The passive of poo?  Oh hang on, I'm getting deep into the **** here!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Keynsham

It was the first thing I could think of that would get through the filters!   064.gif

But yeah, to have shat oneself is exactly that.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Mickey Adams, now there's a Football Manager who knows how to orchestrate passion and the will to win from a football team. A professional football man that this club needs in some capacity.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 16, 2017, 05:22:40 AM
Mickey Adams, now there's a Football Manager who knows how to orchestrate passion and the will to win from a football team. A professional football man that this club needs in some capacity.

How long would Kline have lasted if he had tried to get involved in day to day football matters involving the squad if Micky Adams had been there ?
Fulham Football Club are crying out for an experienced football person to work above Jokanovic and below Tony Khan, why others can't see it is beyond me.

Twig

Why does Joka need an experienced football person above him?  He has experience.  Not sure what an extra layer in the chain of command would add?  In business I was never a fan of too many layers of management and I thin the same applies to a football club.

alfie

I don't think either Micky Adams or Slavisa are brash in any way. They fight their corner as any football professional would.
Well I worked when Adams was there and he could be a right vindictive nasty so and so.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on November 16, 2017, 11:02:20 PM
Well I worked when Adams was there and he could be a right vindictive nasty so and so.

I expect he could, but so can the vast majority of managers, especially the ones who have to work on a shoestring, and do not have access to a cheque book to use as a crutch to buy their success.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Id get mickey in the dressing room before the game and give them a team talk before stepping out on the pitch v derby!

Woolly Mammoth

They look as though they need a proper team talk, going by their performances this season, which have been in the main so lacklustre, let's hope he gets invited into the dressing room.

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Statto has it, I think.

As much as we all love what Adams did for us, we were one of the pinnacles of a career that never really happened.  He's not what we should be aspiring to.

Woolly Mammoth

Probably not, but one of his team talks tomorrow pre match just for old times sake would not go amiss.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Keynsham on November 17, 2017, 11:30:33 AM
Statto has it, I think.

As much as we all love what Adams did for us, we were one of the pinnacles of a career that never really happened.  He's not what we should be aspiring to.
My thoughts too.  The problem position is, IMHO, the CEO whose job is to make sure all the gears are running smoothly and, if not, to sort the issues out or resign. We have an absent owner and the Board needs to be under proper and effective orders and control.  That hasn't been happening and so the Club needs to find out why.