more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (17/11/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 17, 2017, 07:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

McDonald To Serve A Suspension This Week - 16/11/17

Fulham's Kevin McDonald will be out of action this week as he serves an automatic suspension.

Including McDonald, here's a list of all the players currently serving, or under a suspension at the beginning of the week, that will potentially keep them out of contention for an applicable fixture in the days to come.

The list of applicable suspensions for first team matches - either by a build up of individual yellow cards, a double yellow card in a single game or a straight red card offence - are updated by the Football Association on the following link Click Here so errors are their own.

For this week's fixtures specifically across the Premier League and the Football League, the following players find themselves ruled out of their manager's thoughts but a few lucky ones may find their suspension expires before their clubs' next fixture depending on the scheduling.

With some appeals still potentially ticking through, the below list may change in the coming days.

For anybody interested in how their team's health looks in terms of potential coming suspensions, if you visit the above link and select the 'one caution away' option in the table, it will give you a run down of all those players skirting a ban before the next amnesty window kicks in.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=511750#ixzz4yffH8N8W

WhiteJC

Brentford Tickets Update

Tickets for Fulham's match away against Brentford are now on sale to all Season Ticket Holders and Members (1 per person).

Follow Fulham Away with tickets for the west London derby priced from £25 adults and just £8 for junior fans aged 17 and under.

Fans eligible to purchase can do so online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/16/brentford-tickets-update

WhiteJC

Former Fulham and Leeds striker Matt Smith unhappy with reputation of being QPR's 'impact sub'

The former Leeds United and Fulham striker has struggled to break into the starting IXI for the Hoops this term, and while he's been incredibly effective of the bench, he says he feels he's more influential in the starting line-up.

QPR striker Matt Smith has said that he's not happy with the label of being 'an impact sub'.

The former Leeds United and Fulham striker has struggled to break into the starting IXI for the Hoops this term, and while he's been incredibly effective of the bench, he says he feels he's more influential in the starting line-up.

Speaking to QPR's official website, he said: "I am pleased with the goal return in the minutes I have been given but I would like to start games more regularly, as I'm sure all the strikers do," he said.

Speaking to QPR's official website, he said: "I am pleased with the goal return in the minutes I have been given but I would like to start games more regularly, as I'm sure all the strikers do," he said.

"For my own personal development I want to be starting games from the get-go. I feel throughout my career I have always been more influential in games when I have started them.

"I have to show the manager that I can do both sides of the game – with and without the ball – consistently. If he sees that I am sure I've got a good chance."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-fulham-leeds-striker-matt-13909365

WhiteJC

'I don't think he is ready just yet' – Must Rowett start this £1.8m-rated Derby man v Fulham on Saturday?

Derby County face an away trip to Fulham on Saturday as they look to get their league form back on track.

The Rams were downed 4-2 by Jaap Stam's Reading at Pride Park in their last Championship outing, and Rowett will be keen to get back on the winning path in west London on Saturday.

Rowett will have some big calls to make in-terms of team selection, and one player pushing for a start is £1.8m-rated central midfielder George Thorne.

The former West Brom man has been sidelined with injury for a long period of time but is finally back in contention to feature for the Rams.

Should Rowett hand Thorne a start v Fulham on Saturday?

We take a look...

Adam Simeoni

I don't think he is ready just yet, but he is close.

Rowett may be tempted to throw Thorne into the side after the 4-2 defeat to Reading, but the midfielder cannot be rushed.

He's an impressive player when fit and has a lot of potential, but injuries mean he must be very carefully managed.

Chris Gallagher

No, not yet.

The midfielder has suffered with terrible injuries over the years and will take several more weeks to reach anywhere full fitness.

Derby aren't short in that area with Bradley Johnson, Joe Ledley and Tom Huddlestone available and I would go with the latter two on Saturday.

Alfie Burns

If I was Rowett, I'd definitely be tempted to hand Thorne a start.

Rowett has already spoken about squad rotation, with Derby facing a gruelling fixture list when the Championship returns.

Thorne is likely to play a part in that rotation, and with Joe Ledley returning back to Derby late from international duty, now could be the perfect time for Thorne to return.

George Dagless

He's hinted at it.

Thorne has worked his way back to fitness after injury and Rowett has suggested he'll return to the side sooner rather than later.

I think after their loss to Reading last time out now is as good a time as any.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/i-dont-think-he-is-ready-just-yet-must-rowett-start-this-1-8m-rated-derby-man-v-fulham-on-saturday/

WhiteJC

Craig Ramage: Why Tom Lawrence can be Derby County's match-winner at Fulham

Former Rams midfielder picks his team for this weekend's Championship encounter at Craven Cottage

I have been thinking about the Derby County team I would send out against Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Obviously, I would stick with Scott Carson in goal but I would also keep the same back four, if Richard Keogh is fit.

The back four had been on a good run before the Reading defeat - only four goals conceded in the seven-match unbeaten run - and so I would not disturb that.

Keogh and Curtis Davies are building a bit of a relationship and understanding at centre-back, and we know what Andre Wisdom offers at right-back with his strength and physicality. At left-back, I know Craig Forsyth did not have his best game against Reading but none of them did.

The balance of the midfield department in the 4-2-3-1 has come in for some criticism.

When an opposing team shows a bit of movement and pace around us in the middle of the park, it becomes a problem and we can come unstuck, as we did against Reading.

We are not the most mobile in there, and I think both players (Tom Huddlestone and Joe Ledley) would admit that. So they have to do what they are in there for - they have to use their experience and positional sense to the maximum.

Has the arrival of Ledley helped Huddlestone?

I think it has. I think Ledley has offered Tom and the team that bit of security.

We look at Tom, and we want more from him. We are still not getting that and that's why George Thorne has to start coming into contention now. He has to be given more game time.

I would go with Huddlestone and Ledley for this game but Tom has to be looking over his shoulder.

I want to see what Thorne has got in the locker in this run of five games in 15 days. I want to see him putting pressure on the other two. If Thorne was to come in for a few games, I think we would see him get stronger and stronger.

Bradley Johnson's best position in a Derby shirt is on that left-hand side of the three, that narrow left role, and so I would go with him against Fulham and Tom Lawrence on the right.

Johnson isn't going to be getting to the by-line and putting balls in, I don't expect that from him, but he can tuck in and let Forsyth get forward on the outside.

As for the strikers, people know my thoughts on Matej Vydra. He is the most natural "number 10" in the club.

But who should play ahead of Vydra? Chris Martin or David Nugent?

I'm torn on this one.

Do we let Martin off the reins, given his history with Fulham during his loan spell there last season?

I still feel there is a potential partnership with Vydra and Martin, and we saw Vydra thrive in such a partnership with Troy Deeney at Watford.

But I feel we should go with pace on Saturday and get at Fulham, and so I would go with Nugent.

I feel we can turn Fulham and I can see opportunities for Nugent to get down the side of the centre-backs.

Nugent just gets the nod over Martin, for me.

Here's my Rams XI to start the game:

TIME FOR TOM?

I feel Tom Lawrence can be our match-winner at Fulham.

Both of Fulham's full-backs like to bomb forward and so there could be space and joy for us in the wide areas if we can move the ball quickly on the counter.

I can see there being space for Lawrence on the right up against Ryan Sessegnon. I think it is the opportunity for Tom to have his best game in a Derby shirt, a chance for him to go and stamp his mark.

His confidence should be high after scoring for Wales against Panama on Tuesday night and it's time he started scoring in a Derby shirt. He has too much ability to have gone 14 games for us without a goal.

I think he can be massive for us on Saturday.

GOAL-SHY FULHAM

Fulham have not won at home in four games, they are without a win in five and have been struggling to put the ball in the net.

I think their strikers only have a handful of goals between them.

Didn't Fulham try to sign Dwight Gayle from Newcastle United in the summer? That is what they are lacking this season, a goal scorer.

This is a good time to be playing them, in my opinion, and I would look to attack them.

Fulham are a nice footballing side. They like to play out from the back - they over-play at times - so let's go and worry them into making mistakes in their own half.

They will be missing Kevin McDonald, who is suspended for reaching five yellow cards. By all accounts, he has been their best player.

They have lacked creativity because Tom Cairney has not been in there (due to injury). He was one of the best players in the Championship last season and they have missed him when he has been out of the side.

Tom Cairney (Image: Andrew Redington/Getty Images)

Fulham don't like pace and I want to see that energy and pace from us going forward. So I would definitely go with Matej Vydra and David Nugent.

If we can get on the ball, and be better and show more composure in the final third, I think there are goals there for us.

Yes, the result against Reading in the last match was poor but the players should not lose sight of how well they have done, results-wise, in the past couple of months.

A GREAT CAUSE

It was a great privilege and honour for me, as Patron of Annabel's Angels, to start the Derby 10-mile last Sunday.

Annabel's Angels was the lead charity of the event, and is a charitable trust that raises funds and support for patients, carers and families living with cancer in Derby.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-ramage-tom-lawrence-can-784918

WhiteJC

Chelsea interested in Fulham teenager

Chelsea are monitoring Fulham academy player Harvey Elliott.

The 14-year-old winger is regarded as one of the Whites' brightest prospects.

Manchester City have also shown an interest in Elliott but are currently banned from signing youth players from English clubs.

Chelsea, meanwhile, are being investigated by Fifa over their recruitment of young players.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/chelsea-interested-fulham-teenager

WhiteJC

Derby County have fresh injury concerns ahead of Fulham clash

Rams boss Gary Rowett provides fitness update as he gears up for trip to Craven Cottage

Derby County manager Gary Rowett has a few fresh injury concerns ahead of Saturday's Championship clash with Fulham.

The Rams resume their league campaign at Craven Cottage (5.30pm) following the last international break of the year.

Tom Lawrence returned from Wales duty with a dead leg, while Johnny Russell (hamstring) and Bradley Johnson (rib) both pulled out of training earlier this week.

Derby remain hopeful that skipper Richard Keogh will be fit to face Fulham after being forced off in the home defeat to Reading with a thigh injury.

And Joe Ledley, who missed the Reading game due to a hamstring strain, is expected to be available, having played for Wales during the domestic break.

"Tom Lawrence obviously played on Tuesday (against Panama) and had a little dead leg, so we will see how that resolves," Rowett told RamsTV.

"But I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-fresh-injury-concerns-786509

WhiteJC

Fulham v Derby County: Rams looking to pile misery on Cottagers after international break

Gary Rowett's side are aiming to move into the top six with a win at Craven Cottage against Slavisa Jokanovic's Whites, who are winless in five

Fulham meet Derby County in the Championship's Saturday teatime kick-off, with the two teams experiencing contrasting fortunes.

The Cottagers, who languish in 17th, look a more pedestrian side than the one that lit up the division last term and have amassed just one point from their last four outings.

On the other hand, the visitors are one of the league's form sides with four wins in six despite losing 4-2 to Reading before the international break, with manager Gary Rowett critical of the performance.

Fulham, whose chances might improve if key playmaker Tom Cairney returns to fitness, are 23/20 (2.15) with bet365 to inflict back-to-back defeats on the East Midlanders.

Derby are 12/5 (3.4) for their fourth away win while a draw - which has occurred in three of the last four times this fixture has been played - is 23/10 (3.3).

There could be value in combining the last two bets through the double chance of a draw or Derby win at 8/11 (1.73), as those odds imply a probability of 57.9%, even though Fulham have won only one in eight at home and the away side have lost just two in eight on the road.

A Rams victory with under 2.5 goals is as big as 13/2 (7.5), which indicates a probability of 13.3%, but that eventuality - or Fulham losing in the same manner - has occurred in a staggering 40% of games involving either side post-September.

Derby have triumphed without conceding in 27% of their games and are 5/1 (6.0) for another win to nil, or 10/3 (4.33) for a sixth clean sheet of the campaign, whilst two of Fulham's four league wins have finished 2-1 and a repeat is 8/1 (9.0).

However, we see the most value in the 8/11 (1.73) on in-form Derby avoiding defeat in West London by claiming either a win or a draw for the eighth Championship game in their last nine, whilst condemning the Cottagers to a sixth league game without a win.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/fulham-v-derby-county-rams-looking-to-pile-misery-on/1k5c9h5c8uw8a14s2nbc45ri1t

WhiteJC

Great news for Derby County ahead of trip to Fulham on Saturday

Derby County boss Gary Rowett has provided fans with a full injury update ahead of his side's return to action following the international break, in an interview with the club's official website.

The 43-year-old confirmed that midfielder Joe Ledley would be available for selection following a hamstring injury that forced him to miss Derby's defeat to Reading, expressing his delight that the injury was not aggravated whilst on international duty with Wales.

There was also good news surrounding captain Richard Keogh, with the October nominee for the Player of the Month award given the green light for the trip to Fulham, after being forced off in the opening minutes of the Reading tie.

Tom Lawrence is expected to be available after picking up a knock in Wales draw with Panama this week, and Bradley Johnson should be on the team bus despite a rib injury suffered in training on Tuesday.

Despite the positive update, Jonny Russell was confirmed as a doubt, after the winger felt his hamstring twinge in training on Tuesday, leaving him unable to train ahead of the weekend's tie.

The Verdict

Despite Russell's knock, this injury update will delight Rams fans, with several key men available for the big clash with the Cottagers in West London.

Ledley and Keogh will be a huge addition to the Rams squad, as will Lawrence and Johnson, with the quartet all set to push for a spot in the starting XI at Craven Cottage.

Derby enjoyed an excellent October in which they enjoyed a 100% record, and will look to return to winning ways against Slavisa Jokanovic's struggling side following their disappointing home defeat to Reading.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/great-news-for-derby-county-ahead-of-trip-to-fulham-on-saturday/

WhiteJC

Arrive Early

Supporters attending this Saturday's fixture between Fulham and Derby County are advised to arrive early and to allow plenty of time to access the ground for the early evening, 5.30pm, kick-off.

Regular security checks will continue to be in place and in line with National counter terrorism guidelines for all major events, we would like to remind supporters to be vigilant when making their way to and from the ground and to report any suspicious activity or behaviour.

Here's a quick reminder of what you can do to help keep yourself and others safe:

•        Arrive early, allowing more time for security checks

•        Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry to the ground

•        Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away

•        If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999

•        In an emergency, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them

•        If told to evacuate, do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile

•        Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles

•        Once you are safe, follow the local police force on Twitter for updates

To assist our staff in ensuring all supporters enter Craven Cottage efficiently and in a timely manner, fans requiring an adult upgrade of junior or concession tickets are advised to contact the Ticket Office in advance of match.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/16/arrive-early

WhiteJC

Odds slashed for Wales manager to join Sunderland

The odds for Wales manager Chris Coleman to join Championship side Sunderland have been dramatically slashed. He can now be found as short as 1/10.

The Black Cats have been linked with Barnsley's Paul Heckingbottom, Aitor Karanka, ex-Rangers boss Ally McCoist and Northern Ireland's Michael O'Neill but have come no closer to finding a new manager in the past couple of weeks. However, they may have found their man in Chris Coleman if odds are to be believed.

Sunderland are currently bottom of the Championship after a dreadful start to the season. They sacked manager Simon Grayson, who left Preston North End to take over the North-East club in the summer, after he only managed to win one of the fifteen games he had in charge.

There is a new frontrunner for the job now in Chris Coleman. He is being linked with a move away from Wales after they failed to qualify for the World Cup in Russia. His best achievement for Wales was guiding them to the Semi-Finals of Euro 2016 in France.

The 47 year-old played for Swansea City, Crystal Palace, Blackburn Rovers and Fulham in his playing days. As a manager, he had spells with Fulham, Coventry City, Spanish side Real Zaragoza and Larissa in Greece before becoming the manager of Wales in 2012.

There is no doubt that Coleman is an experienced manager and would be a good appointment by Sunderland. However, he would face a difficult job if he took the role. The news of his odds falling will be good news for Barnsley fans who feared Paul Heckingbottom would leave them for the Black Cats.

http://the72.co.uk/93801/odds-slashed-wales-manager-join-sunderland/

WhiteJC

Fulham Ladies' Local Derby

On Sunday 19th November at 2.30pm, FFCF Ladies will host Queen's Park Rangers Ladies at the Club's Training Ground, Motspur Park. Taking to the arena pitch for the Quarter-Final of the Capital Women's Senior Cup, FFCF are "excited about the match, but know it will be both mentally and physically tough", according to Manager Mark Tiller.

"We had a tough game against Crawley Wasps in the League Cup at the weekend, but the squad showed great mental focus and had one of their best performances against a top side. If we do the same on Sunday, it will be an interesting game for all in attendance."

The Club and Foundation are encouraging members of the public to support FFCF Ladies, offering a unique opportunity to visit the Training Ground and attend a fixture on the arena pitch. Entry for adults is just £2, while U16s can attend free of charge. FFC 17/18 season ticket holders can join in the action free of charge, by showing their season ticket on entrance.

Fulham FC Foundation Ladies currently occupy 7th position in the London and South East Regional Women's league table. For more information, please contact Abigail Ingram ([email protected]).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/16/fulham-ladies-local-derby

WhiteJC

'It's all set up for a vintage Chris Martin performance' - Will Derby County striker return to haunt Fulham?

The Rams travel to Craven Cottage as they resume their Championship campaign after the international break

Derby County fan Blake Fallows looks ahead to the Rams' Championship clash against Fulham on Saturday...

After defeating Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich and Leeds you'd have been mistaken for thinking Reading would be an easy game – you'd have been mistaken. Four wins in a row and seven unbeaten had taken us into the play-off places but that run came to a disappointing end against the Royals.

Derby County travelled to Leeds in the previous fixture and although it was three wins in a row at that stage and even as the most optimistic Derby fan - I didn't believe we'd get anything there, especially after going 1-0 down.

There were two enforced changes at Elland Road, the attacking partnership that had lifted Derby from lower mid table to play off contenders (Vydra and Nugent) were unable to play through injury and illness meaning Sam Winnall came in and grabbed a couple of goals and more importantly, in my opinion, the first start of the season for Chris Martin, who was excellent from start to finish.

The previous Saturday at Norwich, Chris Martin was introduced at half time for Vydra who Rowett admitted post-match "just wasn't very good." Martin was again superb and instrumental in the winning goal. The only thing that's been missing from Chris Martin's good performances has been a goal for himself.

Fast forward seven days and the front two that Rowett chose was Nugent and Winnall. I agree that it would have been very hard to drop Winnall and as well as he has done, he wouldn't be my first choice to start a home game leading the line. Rowett himself confirmed he started him because of his recent goal scoring form, this loyalty cost Derby.

We were poor all over the pitch and it was painfully clear we were lacking someone to come on and hold the ball up. Someone who can put themselves about a bit and make things hard for the opposition defence. It's always going to be difficult when you have players who don't affect a game when they aren't on the ball. We had too many of these on Saturday. Winnall, Lawrence, Russell and even Huddlestone failed to make an impact on the game at all.

The only positive for me from the game was Martin getting on and scoring his first goal of the season. The referee even gave him a yellow card to celebrate his 29th birthday. Chris Martin is back - just in time to take on the one club who really don't want to see him. Fulham.

He MUST start on Saturday, of all the combinations of strikers Rowett has gone with, Martin is the only one who hasn't been given a real go. This is the same Chris Martin whose 25 league goals propelled an average Championship side to play-off finalists in 2013/14.

Derby look a different side when Martin plays. He may not have the natural poaching ability of Nugent and Winnall, or the technical ability of Vydra - but his hold up play, his winning of free kicks and frustration of the opposition players really is invaluable in this league.

He will be up for it on Saturday. If social media is anything to go by he will receive a feisty reception at Craven Cottage. All the ingredients to see a vintage Chris Martin performance.

It's been a good few weeks for us Derby fans! 12 points out of 15 and some good results against some very big clubs. Let's write off the Reading result, get the big three points at Fulham and we're back on track.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-set-up-vintage-chris-787011

WhiteJC

'Defeat has not dented our confidence' - Derby County's Sam Winnall looks ahead to Fulham clash

The Rams saw their seven-match unbeaten run ended by Reading before the international break

Sam Winnall insists Derby County are not going to let the defeat to Reading dampen their confidence.

The Rams were defeated 4-2 by the Royals at Pride Park, in their last match before the international break.

Winnall admits his side were not at their best but is determined to bounce back from the defeat when they take on Fulham at the weekend.

The striker told dcfc.co.uk: "We weren't at the races, it wasn't our best performance and now it's all about turning it around, our confidence is still there."

He added: "It hasn't dented our confidence because we've just won four on the bounce."

The Rams take on Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday evening (5.30pm) and Winnall says that the confidence gained from winning four games in a row will leave his side in good stead.

The striker told dcfc.co.uk: "We weren't at the races, it wasn't our best performance and now it's all about turning it around, our confidence is still there."

He added: "It hasn't dented our confidence because we've just won four on the bounce."

The Rams take on Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday evening (5.30pm) and Winnall says that the confidence gained from winning four games in a row will leave his side in good stead.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-striker-sam-winnall-783523