watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joka's pre match comments

Started by davew, November 17, 2017, 10:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Very reassuring to read more of the same before the Derby game, so I think we can expect another inept performance resulting in none or 1 point and then we can read the same type of comment in a couple of days time. Too tired to pick holes in his comments, far too easy, performances not words are what we need tomorrow!! His words do not inspire confidence and so far neither do our players this season, so will somebody try and cheer us all up tomorrow night?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I will try and cheer you up, but i would have to tell a few porkies.
Yes like yourself I have heard it all before and it doesn't inspire me either.
There is nothing new.
Unless he has a cunning plan.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

It's all gone stale - those of us actually at the games can see it very clearly - nothing is for ever - time to move on - it's boring but true

..FOF..

What do you really expect in a pre match conference to motivate the squad?

Shaming the squad in public?

Woolly Mammoth

I expect him to show, some Leadership, I expect him to show inspiration, I expect him to show charisma, I expect him to show he has confidence in his team, I expect him to big his players up. I expect him to give Derby something to think about, no I correct myself, I expect him to give Derby something to worry about. I expect him to show that we ain't gonna lie down.
What I don't expect and do not want to hear, is him talking as though he is reading off an auto cue containing the words of The Dead Sea Scrolls for the umpteenth time this season, as my patience has limits.

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: ..FOF.. on November 17, 2017, 11:03:50 PM
What do you really expect in a pre match conference to motivate the squad?

Shaming the squad in public?

I would like to have read something along the lines of "I have prepared fourteen warriors for the game and none will leave the ground with an ounce of energy left. They will have used their football talent and with eleven leaders on the pitch they will have matched everything Derby try. I don't want Messi or that taff Bale because I've got Ollie Norwood and Ayite and they are on fire. We will win this game and we will win the next one because we are Fulham"

Not a chance. More like "I have asked the bloke you all like to do stuff and the keeper to get an early night. We are nearly where I want to be except for both boxes, the wide areas and defending set plays. My players just don't understand, they are not what I wanted and it's flippin cold outside"

HatterDon

my, aren't we all little rays of sunshine?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: HatterDon on November 18, 2017, 02:03:30 AM
+1
Who will conveniently forget their acrid comments as Fulham go on an unbeaten run into 2018.....

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 17, 2017, 11:12:52 PM
I expect him to show, some Leadership, I expect him to show inspiration, I expect him to show charisma, I expect him to show he has confidence in his team, I expect him to big his players up. I expect him to give Derby something to think about, no I correct myself, I expect him to give Derby something to worry about. I expect him to show that we ain't gonna lie down.
What I don't expect and do not want to hear, is him talking as though he is reading off an auto cue containing the words of The Dead Sea Scrolls for the umpteenth time this season, as my patience has limits.
I think you expect too much Woolly (lol)!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on November 18, 2017, 08:49:26 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 17, 2017, 11:12:52 PM
I think you expect too much Woolly (lol)!!!!

That's what both my wife and my girlfriend keep telling me.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2017, 08:09:13 AM
+1
Who will conveniently forget their acrid comments as Fulham go on an unbeaten run into 2018.....

Like two Home draws in a row, your expectations are far too high.ย 
Anyway 2018 is next year, I am talking about this year whereupon we have nine matches to negotiate. By then Jok could be top man again.
On the other hand ๐Ÿคš......

Never forget your Roots.

Chesh

Quote from: davew on November 17, 2017, 10:56:38 PM
Very reassuring to read more of the same before the Derby game, so I think we can expect another inept performance resulting in none or 1 point and then we can read the same type of comment in a couple of days time. Too tired to pick holes in his comments, far too easy, performances not words are what we need tomorrow!! His words do not inspire confidence and so far neither do our players this season, so will somebody try and cheer us all up tomorrow night?
Luckily then it's not you he needs to inspire, but hopefully the players have been suitably motivated in the past couple of weeks.

As you say performances not words, so let's see what happens on the pitch tonight.......personally, there's not much more he could have said without digging out the team in public, and what he said was fine.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Andy S

These days we ask too much of the managers. Imagine if you had to give a written account of what you achieved at work every Friday and every Monday you had to report what you had done so that you could work harder this week. Don't laugh it's going to happen soon. A manager works on a long term plan in reality. He can only work with what he has. Ok you don't like it but neither does he

ScalleysDad

Quote from: toshes mate on November 18, 2017, 08:09:13 AM
+1

Absolutely not. If JOka finally turns up and inspires this rabble into performances let alone winning ones I will applaud him for his skill and diligence.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree, but he picks the team, so they are all accountable, and remember their lucrative salaries should mirror their responsibilities which includes pre match and post match interviews, which each manager should use the opportunity to achieve maximum benefit from, not look upon it as an ordeal.
That is down to the managers personality and social skills and ability to be assertive.
For example.... watch Eddie Jones, England Rugby Union Head Coach, he has all that in abundance.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Well have we ever had a really good pre match talk from Jocanovic, even when we were winning it was the team performance that did the talking for him.
So all I am really interested in is what happens between 5-30pm and 7-30pm tonight. If it isย  yet another poor showing then it may be a good idea for Jocanovic to start thinking about some farewell words.

No that is a bit harsh, but surely a no win situation tonight followed by aย  defeat at Shef. United on Tuesday then Millwall at home next week becomes a must win game for Jocanovic.

Woolly Mammoth

It all runs in conjunction, good pre match team talks + preparation + organisation + good team performance = 3 point.
It's not just a case of preparing to win, it's a case of preparing to prepare to win.
If the result or performance does not go our way today. Or Tuesday or Saturday or it's all a mixed bag. Be careful what you wish for.
Jok should be allowed to sail us out of these troubled waters.
Maybe by the new year, if necessary, the club will have a review. Or maybe they may decide before then.
But he deserves more time, as I do not think he has had the best support a manager deserves from the club so far.
Anyway, what is the alternative, who can suddenly walk in the door, who is available and dramatically change things for the better, any more than our current manager, nothing is guaranteed, at this stage of the season.
Of course we continue to lose points every week, then the club may reconsider.
But at this moment, with the dust settling from any off field turmoil, calm heads and a coming of the clubs heriachy to support the Manager is the order of the day, to restore everyone's faith in each other.
That's what any decent Chairman should be doing, at the match today, to show Leadership and support, if he is not only a genuine supporter who happens to own the club, and has the clubs best interest at heart.
But then one of my sons reminded me, our Chairman is Shahid Khan, and my enthusiasm felt like a balloon that had just had a football needle valve stuck in it.

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 18, 2017, 10:20:01 AM
I agree, but he picks the team, so they are all accountable, and remember their lucrative salaries should mirror their responsibilities which includes pre match and post match interviews, which each manager should use the opportunity to achieve maximum benefit from, not look upon it as an ordeal.
That is down to the managers personality and social skills and ability to be assertive.
For example.... watch Eddie Jones, England Rugby Union Head Coach, he has all that in abundance.
Yes, Woolly man, they are all accountable, and the players have to perform at a higher level. Joka is what Joka is. He is not Eddie Jones and never will be. You can't just tell people to be charismatic - you have it or you don't. He has his own style that we applauded last year. We need better results - I'm sure this has not escaped his attention and he will be doing his best to rectify it. But see my comment on the Derby match thread.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 18, 2017, 10:56:00 AM
It all runs in conjunction, good pre match team talks + preparation + organisation + good team performance = 3 point.
It's not just a case of preparing to win, it's a case of preparing to prepare to win.
If the result or performance does not go our way today. Or Tuesday or Saturday or it's all a mixed bag. Be careful what you wish for.
Jok should be allowed to sail us out of these troubled waters.
Maybe by the new year, if necessary, the club will have a review. Or maybe they may decide before then.
But he deserves more time, as I do not think he has had the best support a manager deserves from the club so far.
Anyway, what is the alternative, who can suddenly walk in the door, who is available and dramatically change things for the better, any more than our current manager, nothing is guaranteed, at this stage of the season.
Of course we continue to lose points every week, then the club may reconsider.
But at this moment, with the dust settling from any off field turmoil, calm heads and a coming of the clubs heriachy to support the Manager is the order of the day, to restore everyone's faith in each other.
That's what any decent Chairman should be doing, at the match today, to show Leadership and support, if he is not only a genuine supporter who happens to own the club, and has the clubs best interest at heart.
But then one of my sons reminded me, our Chairman is Shahid Khan, and my enthusiasm felt like a balloon that had just had a football needle valve stuck in it.
For a moment my optimism and enthusiasm was at a 3 month high.....until I read your last sentence!