watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yohan Mollo

Started by @jolslover, November 17, 2017, 11:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Just posted on Instagram that he's been training with the u23s and he won't be in the Fulham squad tomorrow...

Joke IMO, I love Slavisa and don't want to see him sacked but Mollo should atleast be making the bench.
STH H3

Lighthouse

Too many players just haven't performed. Too many players seem to be on our coaches black list. We have rightly made excuses for the lack of decent improvements. But we all expect the same lack of chances created. The same playing out from the back. The same slow buildup and tippy tap passing getting nowhere.

Mollo has never been given a decent chance. He may be not good enough. But frankly relegating a player to the u23s seems more like a lack of control than much else. However we may put on a display and Joka will be back. But as of this moment he doesn't seem in control.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

@jolslover

To be fair from what I've seen of him I've been impressed and he did seem to work hard on the pitch,
as for slamming the Adel Taarabt type he  probably had the best season of a player in Championship history when he single handedly took QPR up, So maybe if he is the 'adel taarabt type' a good manager should be able to harness it and use his skill as a positive. Like Warnock did with Adel.
Not that I think a fully fit Mollo would be that much of an asset though, No way would he take us up single handedly but I still think he could be regarded as one of our best wingers if given a run.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

I would have thought under the circumstances Mollo would have at least make the bench in a game of this magnitude, and I would not have objected if he had been chosen in the starting 11.
Of course he is not the finished article, and yes, there may or may not be a question mark reference his temperament.
I personally feel we need all hands on deck, and that would have included Mollo.
But if Jok does not fancy him, or there has been a falling out, then Jok will do whatever he feels is right, providing he isn't cutting his nose off to spite his face.
Just going off the subject slightly, the fact that the club appears to have closed ranks, since the Kline debacle went public, and all appear to be hiding under the duvet.
This signifies to me that the whole issue goes deeper than we think, and maybe have some impact on what is happening not just off the pitch, but also on it.
Which is even more worrying, as it may not just disappear overnight after one victory, whenever that happens.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

I haven't seen  a lot of Mollo but I would have thought that given the plight we are in, we would be using every meme er of the squad in training to push one another, to come up with a different solution, to look at every player to see what he gives us.
Putting a senior player in the u23s shows you just want to forget about him whether it's short term or not, and could just be lazy management rather than try to sort any potential issues. He's not going to be happy training with the u23s nor is he actually going to push himself or be challenged by u23 management. No winners here. Story of our season 😂

Mince n Tatties

Obviously along with a few others he weren't a Slava signing and they will imo be shifted out in January.

Milo

Feel a bit sorry for the bloke on the surface ie coming from Russia and being cast out before Xmas on the back of some promising little cameos.

Likely related to behaviour... but will we ever know the extent of it?

EJL

Quote from: Statto on November 17, 2017, 11:54:44 PM
Based on what, a few flashes of skill in a couple of 20 minute cameos?

I follow him on social media and also looking at the way he carries himself on the pitch, he strikes me as an Adel Taraabt type. He clearly has some talent but his attitude is questionable, probably not what you want when you need to dig deep and turn around a struggling Championship side in the English winter.

The post you mention about the u23s reinforces my view.

How much use is he going to be if we're 1-0 down on a cold night in Sheffield next week?

If Jokanovic isn't satisfied with him I personally wouldn't challenge that judgment, or even be surprised by it.
You're scoffing at that but... yeah? We're not creating anything and he's a live wire with proven pedigree in major European leagues. Jokanovic dropped him to the U23s, along with Graham and Djalo, as a power play during the ongoing stupid struggle with the Khans and Kline. Wouldn't surprise me if that's deteriorated into a proper breakdown between Mollo and the manager -- speculation, of course.

Riversider

No excuses now, we've been hearing for weeks that Slavisa has had his hands tied over team selection, Kline apparently (so we're told) telling him who he can and can't play, well that excuse can't be used now can it, this team selected today is 100% down to Jokanovic,
And I think it's a shame that Mollo isn't part of his plans , just the sort of player you need to come off the bench with 20 minutes to go in a tight match, will be interesting to see if Graham and Madl make the squad.

colinwhite

If a senior players is training with the under-23s then it is clearly a disciplinary issue. To say that shows lack of control is absurd.

Southcoastffc

I like what (little) I've seen of Mollo on the pitch but I recall that Gentleman Jim said of him in his first game, something along the lines of 'We'll see what he's like but by all accounts he's a difficult character in the dressing room.'     
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

res

Quote from: @jolslover on November 17, 2017, 11:44:55 PM
Just posted on Instagram that he's been training with the u23s and he won't be in the Fulham squad tomorrow...

Joke IMO, I love Slavisa and don't want to see him sacked but Mollo should atleast be making the bench.
Defending yourself on the pitch is better than defending yourself on social media...hence a possible personality problem, I'm too good for this??

FulhamStu

Have heard he is being disruptive, no idea if true but a team has to be together and if he is not supportive of the team and manager he needs shifting out of the club asap not moved to disrupt the U23's.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on November 18, 2017, 09:29:59 AM
Have heard he is being disruptive, no idea if true but a team has to be together and if he is not supportive of the team and manager he needs shifting out of the club asap not moved to disrupt the U23's.

Fair enough, then he has left our Manager with no choice, especially as he may not have been our managers choice in the first place.
In the second place, now that Kline has drifted back from whence he came from with his tail between his legs, Jok may now be able to get on with his job, providing Khans son keeps his Beak out of footballing issues.
In the third place we may now see a revamped Fulham put Derby County to the sword 🗡⚔️🛡

In the fourth place, hmmm let's wait and see how the third place went.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I follow him on social media and also looking at the way he carries himself on the pitch, he strikes me as an Adel Taraabt type. He clearly has some talent but his attitude is questionable, probably not what you want when you need to dig deep and turn around a struggling Championship side in the English winter.

How much use is he going to be if we're 1-0 down on a cold night in Sheffield next week?

If Jokanovic isn't satisfied with him I personally wouldn't challenge that judgment, or even be surprised by it.
OK, I don't disagree with this but what you are saying is that right now we need players who can pull their weight in a dour relegation battle.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: filham on November 18, 2017, 10:50:35 AM

OK, I don't disagree with this but what you are saying is that right now we need players who can pull their weight in a dour relegation battle.

Always look on the bright side of life  :HD:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EastEndWhite on November 18, 2017, 11:19:23 AM
Quote from: filham on November 18, 2017, 10:50:35 AM

Always look on the bright side of life  :HD:

That's what Dr Hawley Harvey Crippen said just before they hung him at 9am on the 23rd November 1910 at Pentonville Prison.

Never forget your Roots.

WayneKerrins

He's looked ok in his cameos.

But suspect he's a wrong un. And wrong uns tend to stay wrong uns.

westcliff white

I went to the open training day, they did a passing routine where two in the middle closing the 5 or 6 outside, if you lost the ball you went in. Mollo showed some nice touches but also showed a petulant and argumentative side when he lost the ball, looking to blame others or kicking the ball away form those retrieving it so he didn't have to go in the middle.

Having said that bumped into him afterwards and he was great with my son
Every day is a Fulham day

Jims Dentist

Given his previous record to hear that he is troublesome comes as no surprise.
Why did we sign him, it wasn't like we were short of wingers.
Another Kline balls up.