watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That's much better !

Started by Riversider, November 18, 2017, 07:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

If I can walk out of the ground tonight and say those three little words them I'm going to be absolutely delighted,
Not too much to ask is it ?
COYSW

Woolly Mammoth

Not only is it not too much to ask, it's the least they can do, to bring back 3 points on their own patch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Face facts, the odds are stacked against us , what has happened in the last two or three weeks to change anything.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 18, 2017, 10:54:33 AM
Face facts, the odds are stacked against us , what has happened in the last two or three weeks to change anything.

To find that out, we would need to bring in Scotland Yard to investigate, as well as Sherlock Holmes on one of his better days. As nobody at the club is saying a Dickie Bird, which is probably good advice from their point of view.
But that will also show that maybe just maybe they have something to hide.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

How would any of us know? Let's wait and see. Sorry but I, for one, will go along with hope not your pessimistic attitude.

JoelH5

Quote from: Twig on November 18, 2017, 11:54:00 AM

How would any of us know? Let's wait and see. Sorry but I, for one, will go along with hope not your pessimistic attitude.

That's doesn't make sense... with that logic a team who is performing bad would perform poorly for the rest of their existence. We've had a half decent break to work on things. Who knows what they've looked at.

Saying that though... if we lose today we need to start looking over our shoulders
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 18, 2017, 12:45:10 PM

[/quote
That's doesn't make sense... with that logic a team who is performing bad would perform poorly for the rest of their existence. We've had a half decent break to work on things. Who knows what they've looked at.

Saying that though... if we lose today we need to start looking over our shoulders

A defeat today, especially if it was an uninspiring defeat will not do anyone connected with Fulham FC  any favours, and will just Fuel ⛽️ more rumours.
I could swallow glorious defeat if we did everything we could to win. It's lack of effort that is unforgiving.
A win would be like lancing an enormous boil under your arm, a huge relief at the same time as the pain subsides.
A draw would at least halt the two game losing run, and perhaps give the team some confidence, after all Derby County are a quality side with a good Manager.
But a win at home, good, bad, ugly or lucky or otherwise, is what we desperately need, it is well overdue.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 18, 2017, 12:45:10 PM

But I have made seven trips to the Cottage this season for Championship matches ( I was forced to miss the win against Hull) and in each one my hope and optimism failed me.

I am now trying pessimism for a change, you never know that too could fail me.

colinwhite

Woolly Mammoth

So much better, good to see the youngsters given a chance, and they did not let us down, and Jok proved a point.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

That was much better. Shame about the poor 10 minutes after half time.

J.Perkins

People fail to realise how poor Derby were. We battered them and weren't even close to beating them.

grandad

Luca impresses me every time I see him play. He has a bright future. Edun did not let the side down. Fonte once again proved how worthless he is of a start.. He should have been poaching the 6 yard box for the many cut backs from Sess, Fred & Ayite instead of playing so deep.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

I thought there were plenty of pluses, out passed Derby with one and two touch footy.
But we definitely need a striker, but well pleased with Edun, and De La Torre.
This looked more like Joks team, post Kline, higher tempo, we made Derby look second best for 75% of open play. 

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Derby were poor in their attitude to the game. They did not appear to try for a win at all.
But they are organised. Especially at the back. In the second half we could have been 3 goals to the good if not for some Stella defending on their part.

What was good, was an entertaining game and good play by our team and by our youngsters. The best I have seen us play for many moons tbh.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Keynsham

Riversider

Wow, effort, commitment, desire and passion from a Fulham side at Craven Cottage , it's been long overdue but we got there at last,
It's taken Jokanovic the best part of 4 months to realise what most of knew ages ago and that is that Sessegnon is not a left back but is a fantastic left winger,
Hopefully that little experiment is over now and we can move on,
KMac and hopefully Johansen back for Tuesday night in what is sure to be our toughest game of the season so far, anything out of that would be a bonus,
But 4 points from our next two home games must be a minimum requirement,
Whilest were blooding so many youngsters , would it hurt to stick one of the forwards on the bench either Thomson (who is scoring plenty) or Adebayo or if he's fit Stevie Humphrys,,
Nice to come home from a home game feeling as though it's all been worthwhile and that the players have done us proud, but blimey do we need some players during January !!

Mince n Tatties

Yes better performance, but by Christ do we need a striker.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 18, 2017, 08:46:34 PM
Yes better performance, but by Christ do we need a striker.

We need more than one.

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Much better. I feel we have stopped the rot. Perform to that level and better and we will climb the table. A new striker would be great but in the meantime keeping the ones we have in the box would help.