more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That's much better !

Started by Riversider, November 18, 2017, 07:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on November 18, 2017, 09:02:33 PM
Much better. I feel we have stopped the rot. Perform to that level and better and we will climb the table. A new striker would be great but in the meantime keeping the ones we have in the box would help.

You're making it sound like we annihilated Derby. They were poor, very poor.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 18, 2017, 09:04:01 PM
Much better. I feel we have stopped the rot. Perform to that level and better and we will climb the table. A new striker would be great but in the meantime keeping the ones we have in the box would help.

Don't think my comment makes out we annihilated them. It's a much better performance than we have seen for months. Did we play badly in your opinion? You are quick to jump on mine. If we played and drew with Man City would that be all down to them being poor? A good team performance can make the other team play poorly. On a bit of a mission tonight?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on November 18, 2017, 09:07:53 PM

Don't think my comment makes out we annihilated them. It's a much better performance than we have seen for months. Did we play badly in your opinion? You are quick to jump on mine. If we played and drew with Man City would that be all down to them being poor? A good team performance can make the other team play poorly. On a bit of a mission tonight?
Jonaldhinio makes a good point. I  don't agree that Derby were poor, very poor.  I thought they defended really well at times. That's part of the game as well. Sure, they carried hardly any threat, but that was because we were controlling the midfield with Cearney playing excellently, and the back 4 being superb. Their moments of threat (I think there were possibly two in the first half, neither of which resulted in a goal attempt) were dealt with brilliantly.  We didn't win the game because we are not good enough in the box .. I normally say the final third: today it was simply in the box.

Twig

Oh dear, just no pleasing some people is there.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Twig on November 18, 2017, 11:35:03 PM

A 1-1 draw with Derby, should I be happy?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 18, 2017, 11:38:42 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on November 18, 2017, 09:02:33 PMi

Do you think you'll ever be happy?

toshes mate

Perhaps you could just chew over a few of the good points like the speed and incision of some of our attacking play; the lack of a finisher which many on here and even our head coach has been crying out for since summer 2016; the improvement in midfield and defence allowing for the absence KMc, Johansen etc; the de la Torre cameo and Ayite's form which encourages for the future?   Sure a win would have been better and wasn't it the absence of a finisher (which is what SJ and so many on here) have been arguing for for so long that really cost us the two points?

Or will you only ever be happy when SJ is sacked?

J.Perkins

Quote from: toshes mate on November 19, 2017, 09:18:57 AM
Perhaps you could just chew over a few of the good points like the speed and incision of some of our attacking play; the lack of a finisher which many on here and even our head coach has been crying out for since summer 2016; the improvement in midfield and defence allowing for the absence KMc, Johansen etc; the de la Torre cameo and Ayite's form which encourages for the future?   Sure a win would have been better and wasn't it the absence of a finisher (which is what SJ and so many on here) have been arguing for for so long that really cost us the two points?

A) all we do is run hopelessly down the wing and put in a pitiful cross.
B) Johansen is no miss, been awful all season.
C) Ayite is as average as you get, yet he plays every week.
D) I don't believe we struggled last season without a finisher. We are more cowardly in attack, and do not get into the box enough.
E) All SJ does is moan about the same problems every week. Would be nice if he'd start addressing them.
F) Derby were very poor, and yet we never got really close to beating them.

1 win at home in 11. No sign of change. If the manager can't change it, you change the manager.

Jonaldiniho 88

Thing is a lot of us did see positive change in yesterday's game. It wasn't perfect and needs to keep improving but I think that was a step in the right direction. Pointless crosses? Well if you deem a perfect cross whizzed across the goal pointless that's you opinion. For me players taking up pointless positions around the box not taking responsibility to attack space that was the problem in my opinion.

Riversider

Well I was happy yesterday, as it was "much better" when compared to the crap served up against the likes of Bolton and Bristol City,
I've been hyper critical of our manager this season, and in the main justifiably so, his insistence on playing Sessegnon at left back has driven me to despair, and is undeniably a wrong decision,
Hopefully yesterday we've turned a corner, I still have issues with Jokanovic mainly for the way he has seemingly fallen out with so many of our squad members , must be strange at Motspur Park on training days when the "Summer of 2017" signings are having to do their own thing whilest the favourites prepare for the next game,
So things aren't perfect by any long chalk but they certainly are "much better" and that's all I can ask for.
COYSW

Twig

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 19, 2017, 12:29:04 PM

D) I don't believe we struggled last season without a finisher. We are more cowardly in attack, and do not get into the box enough.
E) All SJ does is moan about the same problems every week. Would be nice if he'd start addressing them.

1 win at home in 11. No sign of change. If the manager can't change it, you change the manager.

Lol, you weren't there were you? Come on be honest.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Twig on November 19, 2017, 03:14:50 PM

Lol. You're response is lol.

You can't disagree with what I've put then if you have no logical response.

I win.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on November 19, 2017, 12:50:05 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on November 19, 2017, 12:36:49 AM

lol
0001.jpeg

You seem to rate failure. Your life must be interesting.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on November 18, 2017, 08:24:24 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on November 18, 2017, 08:15:25 PM
People fail to realise how poor Derby were. We battered them and weren't even close to beating them.

In fairness to you I can tell you're a WUM but you should be careful, some of the less discerning posters on this forum may take your comments at face value and just think you're an idiot

I treat this like nectar. You push to me go on.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on November 19, 2017, 05:40:14 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on November 19, 2017, 05:30:34 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 19, 2017, 12:50:05 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on November 19, 2017, 12:36:49 AM

lol
0001.jpeg

You seem to rate failure. Your life must be interesting.

Fella I would love to see your life. With the sense of logic you show on here I bet things like crossing the road and doing up your laces give anyone watching hours of entertainment 

My logic makes perfect sense.

toshes mate

all we do is run hopelessly down the wing and put in a pitiful cross.

If 'All we do' upsets you, JP, then the logical conclusion is to stop putting yourself through the agony, and find a more perfect solution to your footballing addiction.  Then you might really win an argument.

J.Perkins

Quote from: toshes mate on November 19, 2017, 06:54:14 PM

If 'All we do' upsets you, JP, then the logical conclusion is to stop putting yourself through the agony, and find a more perfect solution to your footballing addiction.  Then you might really win an argument.

Another being going for the jugular because they can't prove me wrong.

Twig

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 19, 2017, 05:29:32 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 19, 2017, 03:14:50 PM

Lol. You're response is lol.

You can't disagree with what I've put then if you have no logical response.

I win.

So you weren't there.

toshes mate

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 19, 2017, 09:25:14 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 19, 2017, 06:54:14 PM

Another being going for the jugular because they can't prove me wrong.

Actually all I did was notice you have completely bled out and no one has noticed and so I thought you might like to apply your own first aid.....  although I fear it is already too late.

Jonaldiniho 88

To be honest JP you haven't responded to any of my questions I raised in response so do I take it that I have "won" or maybe someone should grow up?