watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Telling comment ...

Started by MikeW, November 18, 2017, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

When the ball had been played back to button for the umpteenth time Danny Higginbottom said "well we know what comes next".  We are that bloody predictable.  And negative. (and SOOOOO badly in need of a striker!)
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Sorry but I thought we played Derby off the park today. We were much the better side.

Woolly Mammoth

Desperate for a striker. But overal I thought it was a refreshing performance, and there was a spring in the players step, with a much higher tempo.
De La Torre did not look out of place.
Shame about their goal, a real softee, we should have and could have won it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Ref quoted as to why he did not award Sess a pen " The lad has to learn that he has to roll over 3 times & hold his head & scream that his leg is broken in 3 places." He may then be given what was a stonewall."
Where there's a will there's a wife

MikeW

Twig;  as we know probably more than most, playing people off the park aint going to get you promoted unless the final ball reaches the target.  As it stands, we have no one who seemingly knows where the bulls eye is.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on November 18, 2017, 08:30:50 PM
Ref quoted as to why he did not award Sess a pen " The lad has to learn that he has to roll over 3 times & hold his head & scream that his leg is broken in 3 places." He may then be given what was a stonewall."

Definate pen, outside the box this ref would have given a free kick.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 18, 2017, 08:33:22 PM

Just seen the replay on tee it was a penalty.
However we cannot rely on penalty awards, refs often miss seeing fouls.

We need to get some good clean goals in open play, a good header would be nice to see but we really have no aerial threat.

Bill2

Quote from: MikeW on November 18, 2017, 07:46:33 PM
When the ball had been played back to button for the umpteenth time Danny Higginbottom said "well we know what comes next".  We are that bloody predictable.  And negative. (and SOOOOO badly in need of a striker!)
I am not sure who Danny H is and who he played for but he really does not know a great deal about football. I suppose his idea is to lump it long to the likes of Nugent and Martin which was all the Derby had in their locker. I suppose Pep G is as stupid as SJ with the passing out of the back style. I know we put ourselves under some pressure when playing it out of the back and Button needs to take a bit more care some times. But today some of our slick one touch passing was a joy to watch, just need to be more clinical in the box

Southcoastffc

Much improved, yes. Played off the park, something of an exaggeration I think.   I wouldn't be surprised if we nicked something on Tuesday and I expect us to get a  HOME WIN on Saturday. Just one win, wherever and however, could do a huge amount for our collective confidence. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bill2

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 18, 2017, 08:33:22 PM

I am beginning to bore myself with complaints about referees, but can anyone please let me know of any decisions we have got this season. Sess gets booked for a professional foul in the middle of the pitch, correctly, yet when two of their players does it to Fonte on the edge of the box no card(s). This happens every week, look at the pen decision against Sess against Burton and the yellow cards we picked up against Wolves. It seems to me we just have to give the opposition a dirty look and we are in the book.

I have said it before and will continue to, I want the ref to say after the game why he gives some fouls/cards and not others because I don't have a clue and neither do others around me.

toshes mate

I agree with Grandad's 'referee's explanation' as to the foul on Sessegnon when the referee was only a few yards away. had a good view and shook his head.

I thought there was also a handball in the area (hand to ball) late on in the game too, but I haven't seen any TV footage so I'll have to wait and see it again. 

RaySmith

Again partly undone by bad ref decisions.

We were the better team and deserved to win, though we're still wobbly at the back sometimes- including their goal, and obviously lacked a cutting edge to  get all our brilliant attacking play, including so many crosses that just needed a tap in, the outcome it deserved.

But still a very encouraging performance - with the intensity and endeavour  that's seemed lacking this season. The players wanted to win - none  more so than Cairney, who put in a real captain's performance, worthy of Scott Parker.
Plus there were the new youngsters - very impressive both of them.

This semd a totally different Fulham to  what we've recently seen.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 18, 2017, 08:15:44 PM
Desperate for a striker. But overal I thought it was a refreshing performance, and there was a spring in the players step, with a much higher tempo.
De La Torre did not look out of place.
Shame about their goal, a real softee, we should have and could have won it.
Yes a much better performance than we had seen for a while but as has been said a hundred times before it is results and goals that count. To win at home we need at least a couple of goals , good performances without those two goals are not good enough.

FFCAli

[/quote]I am beginning to bore myself with complaints about referees, but can anyone please let me know of any decisions we have got this season.
[/quote]
Yes, yesterday our goal came after the ref overruled his linesman's flag for offside and awarded a free kick for Derby's foul.  Norwood's kick resulted in another free kick just outside the area from which he scored.