more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need a striker..

Started by JoelH5, November 18, 2017, 09:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I keep hearing it but I disagree.

Last year we scored hatfulls and didn't have a prolific striker. So what has changed?

We see it week in, week out. By the time we finally manage to work the ball into the box the other team have had time to get their whole team back behind the ball.

Our buildup play is way too slow. Last season we moved the ball around a lot faster.

I do think this will improve as TC gets back to match fitness but I think this is the area we really need to focus on.

People keep slating Fonte. His movement wasn't great today but did he get given any clear chances? No. Was he blazing the ball over the bar, no. By the time we got the ball anywhere near him he had about 6 people around him in the box.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

I can't remember hardly ever seeing him in the box. Every time the ball was delivered or crossed into the penalty area from either the left or the right he was nowhere to be seen.
Somebody stated he cost about 8/9 million, I think we may have been sold a pup. I don't want to place the blame solely at Fontes feet.
But this is a consequence of Kline and his ridiculous stats nonsense.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Love to know what Fonte's stats score was at what he was given points for.

I have yet to ee how he is an improvement on Cauley Woodrow.

Jonaldiniho 88

We need someone who will stay in the box. It's alright winning the ball and then laying it off but you then need to bust a gut to get into the box. Those crosses flashed across goal were painful to watch with nobody there.

Whitesideup

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 18, 2017, 09:54:46 PM

Last year we scored hatfulls and didn't have a prolific striker. So what has changed?

We see it week in, week out. By the time we finally manage to work the ball into the box the other team have had time to get their whole team back behind the ball.

Our buildup play is way too slow. Last season we moved the ball around a lot faster.

I do think this will improve as TC gets back to match fitness but I think this is the area we really need to focus on.

People keep slating Fonte. His movement wasn't great today but did he get given any clear chances? No. Was he blazing the ball over the bar, no. By the time we got the ball anywhere near him he had about 6 people around him in the box.
So how many goals did Aluko, Martin and Ayite score in total?  These were all forwards of some description, although Martin was the only out and out central one of the three.

Lighthouse

We had more crosses today than I can remember and not once did anybody anticipate or be close to getting on the end of one. We need a link, target striker, but we also need a player or players who have the instinct to attack the ball in the opposition area. The fact we scored lots of goals last season is not the point. We did have forward thinking players and had a target, link player in Martin.

This season we all know we needed a forward. Instead we got  a player who prefers to play deep and a raw speed powerful player who has no control.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

We certainly got some very decent crosses n today.  Fonte was nowhere near them, to be fair neither was AK.  Oh for a sniffer Clarke type of fox in the box.

hovewhite

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 18, 2017, 11:04:51 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on November 18, 2017, 09:54:46 PM

So how many goals did Aluko, Martin and Ayite score in total?  These were all forwards of some description, although Martin was the only out and out central one of the three.
I think by my reckening without checkin stats,
Martin 10,sone10,ayite8 if you add 10 assists to sone thats half of our goals from last season.
Before anyone slags me off i have not checked the stats but think ik around the right figure wise.

filham

We pose no aerial threat in the box, we had a lot of corners yesterday and even those that were delivered well were cleared without difficulty.
In fact we lack presence in the air all over the pitch, the Derby team seemed much taller and stronger than us in all positions.