watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cauley Woodrow

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 18, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I've never been his greatest fan,but can we bring him back from Bristol,till Jan window.
Surely he can't do any worse than our non scoring strikers,or have I gone insane?😎

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 18, 2017, 10:42:18 PM
I've never been his greatest fan,but can we bring him back from Bristol,till Jan window.
Surely he can't do any worse than our non scoring strikers,or have I gone insane?😎

Dee dah. Dee dah dee dah dee dah

Screech of brakes noise

Front gate screeches open

Knock on your door😱

4.4.2 maybe

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 18, 2017, 10:49:26 PM

Screech of brakes noise

Knock on your door😱

4.4.2 maybe

lol

Twig

Our "strikers" frustrate the hell out of me but I'm not convinced Cauley is the answer.  Perhaps give Humphreys a chance?

HatterDon

He's shown that he can score in this league -- for three different sides.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

General

I don't see how bringing him back would hurt us.. we have no better strikers currently at the club formwise/confidence wise and who know the league well enough.

toshes mate

Screech of brakes noise

Knock on your door😱

4.4.2 maybe
Almost +1
However, I do feel the straitjacket is a bit OTT though..... as M&T may have a point.

bobby01

We send him on loan, he never holds down a starting position, not even at Southend, surely all these managers can't be wrong
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MrD1879

I Do like Cauley but agree that's several of our own and managers and elsewhere that can't rate him particularly highly as he can't hold down a starting spot anywhere.

Fonte is a number 10 and needs someone in front of him and AK is the new Eddie Johnson.

We have very successful youth teams so give one a go. The chap with the very long name who scored twice against Charlton is very impressive by all accounts and I've not seen him play but Kait is a forward isn't he?

filham

I am a fan of Cauley and would suggest he has never been given a good run in our team.
Fonte has played 12 games this season with but a single goal. That is a better run than Cauley has ever had.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Statto on November 19, 2017, 10:05:55 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 19, 2017, 02:48:57 AM
He's shown that he can score in this league -- for three different sides.

That's one way of putting it. Another way is, he's shown he can't score *regularly* or even hold down a starting place in this league — for three different sides.

In which we respects he's shown himself to be a significantly poorer player than Matt Smith.

Don't we have Mr. Fonte and Mr Kamara who has also shown they can't score regularly in this league. What's the harm in adding another one in for competition sake.
Fonte and Kamara only get first team football because there's no competition for their places.

We could also have a double whammy by getting Woodrow to go on strike and then Bristol sour, only for him to come back to us in January and score a winning goal.

Then we could make him a hilarious gif for twitter for when he scores?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: toshes mate on November 19, 2017, 08:28:40 AM

Screech of brakes noise

Knock on your door😱

4.4.2 maybe
Almost +1
However, I do feel the straitjacket is a bit OTT though..... as M&T may have a point.

These guys don't carry restraining apparatus just guns. That's how they do it 'east side'.

cmg

A season long loan is, these days, exactly that.
The only way it can be terminated is with the agreement of all three parties and then only during the Jan window.

cmg

Quote from: Statto on November 19, 2017, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: cmg on November 19, 2017, 11:46:04 AM
The only way it can be terminated is with the agreement of all three parties and then only during the Jan window.

I'm not aware of any rule or convention that says you can't still have a recall option, albeit only exercisable in the Jan window.

Yep. On re-reading the regs I'm sure you are right. A loan can be terminated during the Jan window, provided such an option was agreed at the time of the loan.

filham

I'm not aware of any rule or convention that says you can't still have a recall option, albeit only exercisable in the Jan window. I think if we haven't put a recall in there it will be because the manager was 100% confident in August that no matter how desparate we were, he still wouldn't play Woodrow (not an unreasonable position IMO)
Of course that is quite right, the Coach has written off Cauley and no way will he bring him back to replace his £9m striker, while that could possibly add a goal or two to our tally it would be a complete loss of face for the coach.

Steven Ageroad

He's warming the bench at Bristol City, he did not come on yesterday, what makes you think he'd be any better back with us. I'm sure that if Humphys was the answer Slav would give him a chance like the other youngsters that have been included in the squad.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 19, 2017, 01:18:46 PM

I'm not aware of any rule or convention that says you can't still have a recall option, albeit only exercisable in the Jan window. I think if we haven't put a recall in there it will be because the manager was 100% confident in August that no matter how desparate we were, he still wouldn't play Woodrow (not an unreasonable position IMO)
Of course that is quite right, the Coach has written off Cauley and no way will he bring him back to replace his £9m striker, while that could possibly add a goal or two to our tally it would be a complete loss of face for the coach.

Exactly
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 19, 2017, 05:17:06 PM
I'm sure that if Humphys was the answer Slav would give him a chance like the other youngsters that have been included in the squad.

Humphrys has been out injured for several weeks now.