watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very very simple.

Started by ex-Pat, November 19, 2017, 01:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

This isn't science ,,,we need a centre forward real lively..

MikeW

Yes we do, but consider other factors.

We play a system that is virtually sideways football.
When we do get forward and cross the ball we have no forwards who are even in the area let alone capable of hitting the net.
The build up play is so slow the opposition can get 11 bodies blocking every option.
We can't seemingly take a corner.
Our Coach is seemingly totally resistant to change.
Do we really not have a youngster bursting at the seams to be given a go at centre forward? (Yes we do)
Why do we have no height in what is a predominantly a physical division?

I do not subscribe to the 'we played them off the park' rubbish spouted on this site yesterday.  We didn't.  We had a lot of possession (true) which we either squandered and ran into a Derby size brick wall.  That, in my view is down to painfully slow, sideways tactics that every other team has sussed.  Discuss please.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Whitesideup

Quote from: MikeW on November 19, 2017, 04:07:09 PM

When we do get forward and cross the ball we have no forwards who are even in the area let alone capable of hitting the net.
The build up play is so slow the opposition can get 11 bodies blocking every option.
Do we really not have a youngster bursting at the seams to be given a go at centre forward? (Yes we do)

I do not subscribe to the 'we played them off the park' rubbish spouted on this site yesterday.  We didn't.  We had a lot of possession (true) which we either squandered and ran into a Derby size brick wall.  That, in my view is down to painfully slow, sideways tactics that every other team has sussed.  Discuss please.
Try looking at it from a Derby point of view. You have an experienced squad and are on a very good run even if your last result was disappointing. You are playing a team in 17th place (11 places below you) and a team that has recorded two points from their last six games, one of which was at home against the bottom club. You cannot even manage a single attempt on goal in the first half, and after equalizing and having a half-decent 10 minute spell, are then on the back foot for the last 30 minutes. You are pleased with your resolute defending but also very  grateful that the opposition don't have a goalscorer in their team.  As a Derby fan you have to worry that the team in 17th place can contain you so easily. Maybe those dreams of play-offs or even automatic promotion are just wishful thinking.

Our viewpoint is just the opposite. We rue not having a goalscorer, but defensively I thought we were brilliant and apart from one mad moment, I thought we played good football, but just lacked that all-important finishing touch or bit of luck. If we had deservedly won 2 or 3-1 the conversation and your viewpoint would have been very different. Fine margins.

Lighthouse

Hang on a sec. I don't know what the stats say. But the amount of crosses we put in rather proves that we did more than just the slow build up and side to side football. I am not one of those who thinks our Coach can do no wrong. I have been very critical of him. But yesterday we did enough in the build up to warrant a better percentage in players in gambling to get on the end of crosses.

Our insistence on playing the ball out from the back cost us again and we are always susceptible to that and I do put the blame on the coach for the same outcome. On saying that we have no striker who can hold the ball up so it would still put us under pressure. We have needed a striker for two years. Disgusting we still wait for one.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 19, 2017, 04:33:38 PM
Hang on a sec. I don't know what the stats say. But the amount of crosses we put in rather proves that we did more than just the slow build up and side to side football. I am not one of those who thinks our Coach can do no wrong. I have been very critical of him. But yesterday we did enough in the build up to warrant a better percentage in players in gambling to get on the end of crosses.

Our insistence on playing the ball out from the back cost us again and we are always susceptible to that and I do put the blame on the coach for the same outcome. On saying that we have no striker who can hold the ball up so it would still put us under pressure. We have needed a striker for two years. Disgusting we still wait for one.

Indeed Mr Lighthouse. Fredericks crucified them down the right in the second half and we were a good touch from a good goalscorer away from three points.

MikeW

And there's the problem ....
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Let's not overlook that Derby, though hard-working, did not resort to borderline aggression. If I were a pragmatic opposition coach, that's what I'd get my team to do against Fulham.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: MikeW on November 19, 2017, 04:07:09 PM

Can't say I agree with your presumptions after yesterday.  We moved with urgency, got crosses into the box, our coach tried two new youngsters and modifies Sessegnon's role.  It wasn't perfect but I think you are unduly critical.