watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I’m not raising my hopes for the jan window

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 19, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

We need a cf and cb  etc etc blah blah blah. We all know what we need.

But the jan window is not usually the time when too many good players become available. And who says that our management will be willing to splash the cash anyway.

Lighthouse

Let me take you back to the Summer. No hang on let me take you back to the previous Summer. What we needed then was a center half and a forward. Yes I know few of us could agree what sort of forward and we did bring in a defender from Iceland. Then there was a forward who didn't want to be here on loan and then we followed that up by a forward who wants to play in midfield and a forward who is direct but has no control.

I have decided not to raise my hopes at all about buying a forward decent or otherwise, January or the Summer. Fulham have decided not to do them anymore.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 19, 2017, 02:07:35 PM
We need a cf and cb  etc etc blah blah blah. We all know what we need.

But the jan window is not usually the time when too many good players become available. And who says that our management will be willing to splash the cash anyway.

I'm with you on this but a striker is the minimum we need.  We are toothless at the moment.

The Old Count

A John Mitchel type forward would have had a hatrick against Derby

bigalffc

Who's likely to be obtainable in the January window though?
Their clubs gotta want to sell them and they've gotta want to join us.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: bigalffc on November 19, 2017, 10:59:01 PM

And we've got to want to pay the money

toshes mate

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 20, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
Quote from: bigalffc on November 19, 2017, 10:59:01 PM
And we've got to want to pay the money
We also kind of need a system whereby good goalscorers actually start flipping the algorithms in their favour.....

MaidstoneMark69

Surely we have to Ullcoa(?) from Leicester,  even on loan, he would have a field day with some of the stuff we create.He looks like never getting anywhere near an appearance for them.

fcfulham55

We may get a few freebies or loanees as back up. Will look frustrating and more so when we cash in a key player last minute, with no replacement.

Oh, we'll only be probably scouting for midfielders too. Because that's the area that needs it most lol.  I'm sure the club will come up with a better practical joke though.
Sent from my Nokia 3310