watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield United - Tuesday Night

Started by Wearethewhites, November 19, 2017, 03:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Im going to stick my neck out and say we will get 3 points on tuesday !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on November 19, 2017, 07:46:03 PM
Im going to stick my neck out and say we will get 3 points on tuesday !

Hmm Jok will be pleased to read your comment, as he probably feels the same.
It's  all food for thought.
I once had a pet Giraffe who stuck his neck out, and his friend the Swan also stuck his neck out. Both were Fulham Supporters.
But you could be so right. It would be very Fulhamish, but why not, I just hope we are not as predictable as we can be, as I fear if we are, we could come unstuck.
It could be time to spring a pleasant surprise, the trick is to score more than we let in, can we achieve that on Tuesday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Not sure if they have strength in depth in their squad but one of thier midfielders suffered a horrendous injury last Friday.

HatterDon

United are a newly promoted team. They GOT promoted to this league because they knew how to close out games. On-paper player comparison doesn't matter when one side knows how to close out a match and the other doesn't.

I'm not saying we can't beat them -- even at their place -- but if you're looking for a reason why they appear to be playing above their head, THAT's the reason.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hovewhite

11 v 11 we have a chance of winning!

copthornemike

May well come down to which team scores first - and Sharpe certainly appears to be an in form striker at the moment.

If Utd get into the lead they are capable of shutting us out - however if we score first all to play for.

We are better away from home, and both Cairney and MacDonald should be available, so are capable of getting a result - just not a clean sheet at the moment which means we need to score at least two!

Cornishnick

I lived in Sheffield for 30 years and have mates who are fans. Overall opinion from them is that they are brilliant at pressing up front and attacking but a bit fragile in defence. Defensive record looks good because of their attacking style and not giving the oppo much ball time. Agreed its 11 v 11 but I worry about our defence. We rarely manage to stay intact at the back these days and in the face of a really good attack, I worry about this game. The saving grace for me personally is that I now live 350 miles from Sheffield so wont have to take all the flak in the pub - small mercies eh!

Black and White Town

My brother-in-law is a big Sheffield Utd fan, so I'll be hosting him in the mixed stand in March. I've got a soft spot for the Blades, nice to see them doing well.

I hope we absolutely paste them tomorrow!
Realistically, I'll be content with a draw.

fcfulham55

I was close to buying tickets for this, but sadly remembered how grateful of myself I was for not going to Wolves away.

Sheffield is too far to drive home pissed off.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Chutney

Quote from: @jolslover on November 19, 2017, 04:22:22 PM
Lets not lie. On paper we have a much better team than Sheffield United. So don't know why people are saying there is 'no way we can win this' that being said it will be a very tough game.

This is a bit of a silly statement, what evidence is there that we have a better team than them? They are in the top 2 on merit and we have a struggling mid-table squad.
C O Y W

Jimmy Hill

High Pressing team with lots of energy so with Cairney playing we may be able to exploit that tactic for once if we avoid shooting ourselves in the foot. They will leave a lot of space in behind id go for kamara up front for his pace and physicality in case we have to play the ball long. Should be an exciting game but a tough one. 

bill taylors apprentice

cottage expat

I think we'll nick it 2-1 and begin our slog up the table, aided by the acquisition of a formidable striker in January.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cottage expat on November 20, 2017, 05:49:06 PM
I think we'll nick it 2-1 and begin our slog up the table, aided by the acquisition of a formidable striker in January.

I was just about to say that myself.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

They will play open football and go for the win I suspect as they are full of confidence. As a result we may/can score first making it an even more open game.
A draw or win for us is possible.

But if they score first we will probably lose imo.

Tough game in any case. We should go for it.
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Robbie

We may have a chance, I can't see Slav surviving if he does not win soon.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Chutney on November 20, 2017, 01:38:32 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 19, 2017, 04:22:22 PM
Lets not lie. On paper we have a much better team than Sheffield United. So don't know why people are saying there is 'no way we can win this' that being said it will be a very tough game.

This is a bit of a silly statement, what evidence is there that we have a better team than them? They are in the top 2 on merit and we have a struggling mid-table squad.
Mid-table?

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 20, 2017, 05:49:57 PM
Quote from: cottage expat on November 20, 2017, 05:49:06 PM

I was just about to say that myself.

Formidable minds think alike, Woolly.

davew

Having finally got round to watching the 2nd half of the Derby match, got to say that I thought we played a lot better except of course that we haven't got a striker and the corners were almost as poor as usual. I thought De La Torre looked encouraging, Fonte should really start packing his bags (no idea what he is doing in our team) and Kamara should maybe be sent out on loan. It was a good to see a lot more dangerous balls into the box, but a shame nobody there to apply a finishing touch. Prediction for tonight is not good so better keep it to myself, oh ok then  3 or 4-1 defeat!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)