watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Edun & De la Torre

Started by BarryP, November 20, 2017, 02:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

I'm curious regarding the views on Edun and De la Torre's performance Saturday.  Due to having to work I missed most of the first half so I don't have an opinion on Edun's performance but I thought De la Torre had a positive impact on the match.  I like the way he moved the ball quickly and his movement off the ball.  He seemed to offer a spark we were missing.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

Edun impressed me with his positioning and discipline. de la Torre showed spirit and no little skill. If I had a vote for Man of the Match, I would have voted for Edun de la Torre -- appropriate since one replaced the other.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamKC

I thought de la Torre made some good runs in the box. Nobody else seems to do that. All wait statically waiting for a cross.

RaySmith

De La Torre nearly scored with his first touch, a header just over the bar - one of our few shots on target.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: RaySmith on November 20, 2017, 05:42:48 AM
De La Torre nearly scored with his first touch, a header just over the bar - one of our few shots on target.

Ray how can a header over the bar be a shot on target

RaySmith

OK -not on target, but it was really close, he just wasn't able to get over the ball enough, or it would have been, and probably a goal.

I'm taking a header on goal to equal a shot- same difference:)

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: RaySmith on November 20, 2017, 06:50:15 AM
OK -not on target, but it was really close, he just wasn't able to get over the ball enough, or it would have been, and probably a goal.

I'm taking a header on goal to equal a shot- same difference:)

He was good - we should do what Everton are doing - throw a few youngsters in - at least they try

hovewhite

It seems they have the ability so play them.

Carborundum

Edun played a conservative game.  At half time Derby had no shots on goal and no corners either.  So the defensive side of things went well.  A more experienced player might have sized the situation up and made more bursting runs into the box to create mayhem.  He did one time, but not enough. But it's all good experience and he hasn't let us down.

Luca de la Torre is an excellent impact sub.  Just the man to get at tired statuesque defences.  Did well.

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on November 20, 2017, 06:50:15 AM

It was a difficult ball to judge with little pace on it and I thought he got closer with his header than say, a certain Mr Martin, would have, but perhaps a certain Mr Smith may have buried it.....

toshes mate

I thought Edun looked every bit as efficient and effective as he has done when playing his football elsewhere in lower divisions and for England.  Although de la Torre's cameo was shorter he clearly had orders to get in where it hurts and I thought he looked remarkably mature for his age in following instructions.  Both are really good prospects IMHO and I hope we keep working with them.

fcfulham55

De La Torre caused more problems than Fonte has all season. Edun, could potentially settle in well given time.
Sent from my Nokia 3310