watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only One?

Started by VegasFulham, November 20, 2017, 02:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasFulham

Whi thought AK47 looks alright and looked good yesterday? With a run of games I think he can be that physical presence up front who can get into the box and score. He has been switching with Fonte all season though and that has held him back imo.

But it seems like nobody rates him. Given the fact that he is new to the country and has yet to play game in and game out, it isn't surprising he has played well consistently. He is a lot better than Fonte, that is for sure.

HatterDon

He's certainly a step up from Fonte. We need somebody strong and committed up front to get in to the penalty area and on to the steady flow of passes from Norwood, Cairney, and Fredericks.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Carborundum

No not the only one. He's horrible to mark, keen to make things happen and by and large things do happen because defenderscare outside their comfort zone.  Was firing on all cylinders before pulling his hamstring and is feeling his way back. 

We still need another striker or two.  Other championship teams have three, four sometimes five.  They can't all be wrong.

toshes mate

He still looks raw to me although much improved from the original article.  I am sure the coaches are working with him to ensure his strengths can be utilised in a way that maximises his hurtfulness to other teams - but he has to start appearing on the goals and assists sheets.

Dodger53

He seems to have lost some weight, I want to see him play tomorrow.

Horsfield_No9

He looks better game on game for me. From his debut to v Derby his passing and first touch have got a lot better. I also like that he is strong and gives defenders a lot to think about dragging them out of position. Needs to continue to start, he is our best option right now and having seen his progression (while bagging 2-3 goals already) there is nothing to say he can't make it in this league. Are people who continue to slag him off expecting too much? Yes he was 5m but he didn't decide the fee and is still very young despite looking 28 because of his size. He's also damn quick. People need to get behind him. Fonte needs to be sold back to a Portugese team in jan before his stock drops any lower. Club needs to admit early that, that one is an error.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Chutney

Kamara made a big step up in league quality and it shows, he's much better when used as an impact sub, he's a liability when starting. Fonte is equally as poor and we desperately need a striker in January.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on November 20, 2017, 11:14:00 AM
Kamara made a big step up in league quality and it shows, he's much better when used as an impact sub, he's a liability when starting. Fonte is equally as poor and we desperately need a striker in January.

I wouldnt say hes a liability when starting. He was very good at Forest.

copthornemike

Quote from: Statto on November 20, 2017, 11:03:01 AM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 20, 2017, 10:57:53 AM
He looks better game on game for me. From his debut to v Derby his passing and first touch have got a lot better. I also like that he is strong and gives defenders a lot to think about dragging them out of position. Needs to continue to start, he is our best option right now and having seen his progression (while bagging 2-3 goals already) there is nothing to say he can't make it in this league. Are people who continue to slag him off expecting too much? Yes he was 5m but he didn't decide the fee and is still very young despite looking 28 because of his size. He's also damn quick. People need to get behind him. Fonte needs to be sold back to a Portugese team in jan before his stock drops any lower. Club needs to admit early that, that one is an error.

Broadly agree with that
You cannot coach pace and strength - he has them, Fonte doesn't, and they're useful in this division
Needs to finesse his first touch and finishing, in the short term that means taking a moment to compose himself and look up when he has the ball... but his pace and strength buys him that moment
To a certain extent the inability to compose and look up before releasing the ball is exactly what is Ryan Frredericks major fault at the moment? He appears to have the beating of every full back at the moment, can go past them on the outside or inside and the defence know it but if you look closely he rarely has his head up before crossing. Yes our forwards should anticipate  better but Fredericks creates so much time and space for himself he could increase the number of assists dramatically I believe!   

New Kid on the Block

From where I was sitting on Saturday, he doesn't have a clue. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but I shan't be holding my breath.

elgreenio

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on November 20, 2017, 03:20:26 PM
From where I was sitting on Saturday, he doesn't have a clue. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but I shan't be holding my breath.

also thought that. He looks a better option than Fonte but that's not hard at the moment.
Seeing him anywhere near the box when we were whipping balls across the 6yard line would have been nice.
touch my camera through the fence