watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Louis Moult (Motherwell)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 20, 2017, 07:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

This lad 25 a striker we apparently enquired about in the Summer was available as he is out of contract shortly for £500,000.
He reminds me of what I've seen as a late developer like Vardy,he scored 60 goals in Stoke City academy,was loaned out to various places didn't do it as he was young and maybe thought he was too good for non league,in the end Stoke let him go and he joined Nuneaton where  scored 17 in 30 odd games.
He was snapped up by Wrexham in Conference where he scored plenty,and in 2015 was snapped up by Motherwell where he has now scored almost 40 goals in 80 odd appearances,scored both goals in 2-0 win at high flying Aberdeen at weekend.
I see that Sheff Utd and Forest are lining up January bids for him,want cost much as out of contract in summer.
Maybe this is the type of player we should have signed after looking at him for £500,000 instead of wasting 9million or whatever.He is a poacher,bet he would have got on the end of a few of them crosses on Saturday, he can head as well.Maybe because he plays in Scotland the now departed stats man didn't fancy him.He could easily be another Vardy.
I bet he isn't the only one out there in lower leagues down here given chance could do a job for us. 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 20, 2017, 07:40:49 AM
This lad 25 a striker we apparently enquired about in the Summer was available as he is out of contract shortly for £500,000.
He reminds me of what I've seen as a late developer like Vardy,he scored 60 goals in Stoke City academy,was loaned out to various places didn't do it as he was young and maybe thought he was too good for non league,in the end Stoke let him go and he joined Nuneaton where  scored 17 in 30 odd games.
He was snapped up by Wrexham in Conference where he scored plenty,and in 2015 was snapped up by Motherwell where he has now scored almost 40 goals in 80 odd appearances,scored both goals in 2-0 win at high flying Aberdeen at weekend.
I see that Sheff Utd and Forest are lining up January bids for him,want cost much as out of contract in summer.
Maybe this is the type of player we should have signed after looking at him for £500,000 instead of wasting 9million or whatever.He is a poacher,bet he would have got on the end of a few of them crosses on Saturday, he can head as well.Maybe because he plays in Scotland the now departed stats man didn't fancy him.He could easily be another Vardy.
I bet he isn't the only one out there in lower leagues down here given chance could do a job for us. 049:gif

Spot on, there are none so blind as those that cannot see.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 20, 2017, 08:34:02 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 20, 2017, 07:40:49 AM

Spot on, there are none so blind that cannot see.
Go and get him slav!

The Swan

For £500,000 he must be worth a gamble. We are in desperate need of a goal scorer.
The Swan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: The Swan on November 21, 2017, 02:15:58 PM
For £500,000 he must be worth a gamble. We are in desperate need of a goal scorer.

We were apparently after 4 players so as the 3rd striker (as long as we get a Gayle or similar) then i think we are good.

westcliff white

we need something different to what we have, we need a hold up player at times neither Fonte or Kamara seem to do that. Kamara should be able to given his size

I thought Moult was looked at as identified by the stats guy, so may not be high on Slavs list, but then all these stories are smoke and mirrors as no one knows what was really going on (that is unless they were there of course)
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on November 21, 2017, 02:35:38 PM
we need something different to what we have, we need a hold up player at times neither Fonte or Kamara seem to do that. Kamara should be able to given his size

I thought Moult was looked at as identified by the stats guy, so may not be high on Slavs list, but then all these stories are smoke and mirrors as no one knows what was really going on (that is unless they were there of course)

The Chairman clearly doesn't know what's going on as when is he ever there.
A monk in a monastery probably knows more about Fulham than the owner.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

I was watching the Leagues 1 & 2 roundup & there were some cracking goals. It doesn´t matter what league a player is in a goal is a goal. The ball is the same size as is the goal. There are plenty of good strikers in the lower divisions that could do a job for us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wolf

Moult doesn't play in a lower league (within the pyramid) he plays in a foreign league, like Shaun Hutchinson did
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on November 21, 2017, 02:47:11 PM
I was watching the Leagues 1 & 2 roundup & there were some cracking goals. It doesn´t matter what league a player is in a goal is a goal. The ball is the same size as is the goal. There are plenty of good strikers in the lower divisions that could do a job for us.

Yes, yes and thrice yes. 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Maybe he was/is on our list for strikers, seeing as we have 20+ for each position but either scouting or just availability meant he was not brought in.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on November 21, 2017, 03:17:11 PM

Maybe he was/is on our list for strikers, seeing as we have 20+ for each position but either scouting or just availability meant he was not brought in.

I think it's high time that less was said about the impact of Kline and more about the lack of impact from Brian Talbot, from what the FST was told (so I understand) Brian Talbot and his team will have had to have watched each player, so they must have watched Kamara and Fonte more than once , how did Talbot and his team think that Kamara was an option at £5 million pounds ? And yes they would have been involved with the valuation side of things, and bear in mind we apparently went past 20 players to get to Kamara !!!

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on November 21, 2017, 03:44:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 21, 2017, 03:17:11 PM

I think it's high time that less was said about the impact of Kline and more about the lack of impact from Brian Talbot, from what the FST was told (so I understand) Brian Talbot and his team will have had to have watched each player, so they must have watched Kamara and Fonte more than once , how did Talbot and his team think that Kamara was an option at £5 million pounds ? And yes they would have been involved with the valuation side of things, and bear in mind we apparently went past 20 players to get to Kamara !!!
I have no idea if the scouts put the value on player. I'll ask next time.
As for going past 20 players, again no idea if true or not, first I have heard anyone say that.
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Equally, Kamara is a young player with the raw attributes to be successful and id be very surprised if he doesnt get back to his pre-injured form and get to around 10-12 this season.

filham

Quote from: grandad on November 21, 2017, 02:47:11 PM
Yes, I too watched the lower league goals and thought to myself that we have not seen our strikers score such good goals all season but of course in fairness they have probably been closer marked.

Jims Dentist

Denny Hylton?
Not exactlly a target man and plays in the fourth their, but knows where the goal is.

Wolf

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 23, 2017, 06:36:03 PM
Denny Hylton?
Not exactlly a target man and plays in the fourth their, but knows where the goal is.

I can only presume you've never seen Danny Hylton play. Ideal in League Two but never a Championship player; a two levels lower Jordan Hugill. And that's kind of the problem signing English, there's a big difference between divisions and players are usually at the right level
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Riversider

Head to wearetherangersboys.com there's a big long thread on there all about the delights of Louis Moult and QPR's desire to sign him

davew

Quote from: The Swan on November 21, 2017, 02:15:58 PM
For that price we could have bought at least a dozen for the price paid for Fonte, statistics would have shown that 1 of them would have been good!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HatterDon

and, as none of us have seen him play, he MUST be absolutely perfect for us

093.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel