watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pulis gone

Started by MJG, November 20, 2017, 10:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Thought I would get in early and head this off.

No we don't want him at Fulham.
Just the views of a long term fan

Keynsham

Marcel_Gecov

I wonder if Coleman had just waited a few days whether hed have been in line for the West Brom job?

copthornemike

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 20, 2017, 10:56:56 AM
I wonder if Coleman had just waited a few days whether hed have been in line for the West Brom job?
Pulis might fancy the vacant Welsh job - he is Welsh after all.

Suspect that WBA have made the wrong decision - but then again might be lucky in that three other teams will perform even worse this season.

Slaphead in Qatar

Pulis is anti football.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: copthornemike on November 20, 2017, 11:12:32 AM

Suspect that WBA have made the wrong decision - but then again might be lucky in that three other teams will perform even worse this season.

I didnt read it but my colleague was saying he was talking up the Wales job in an interview recently. Could be his game plan. He is about the right age to go for that role as a last hurrah.

MJG

Not sure its wrong. Don't see how any club can keep a manager who has lost four in a row and not won for 11 games.
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on November 20, 2017, 11:17:00 AM

Not sure its wrong. Don't see how any club can keep a manager who has lost four in a row and not won for 11 games.

I agree. I am looking forward to seeing who they go for. West Brom's last managers have been a mixture of old reliables (Hodgson, Pulis), managers from abroad out of their depth (Mel) or first jobbers (Clarke) so it will be interesting to see which way they go.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 20, 2017, 11:15:43 AM

I didnt read it but my colleague was saying he was talking up the Wales job in an interview recently. Could be his game plan. He is about the right age to go for that role as a last hurrah.
Age 59?  Hardly a last hurrah.  And I heard recently that the Welsh manager's job is currently at a salary about a quarter of what Pulis is likely to be getting at WBA.   I could easily see Pulis at Everton, but most likely as a pundit in the short term before someone else goes tilt before next season (eg Roy at Palace).
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 20, 2017, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 20, 2017, 11:15:43 AM

Age 59?  Hardly a last hurrah.  And I heard recently that the Welsh manager's job is currently at a salary about a quarter of what Pulis is likely to be getting at WBA.   I could easily see Pulis at Everton, but most likely as a pundit in the short term before someone else goes tilt before next season (eg Roy at Palace).

Average age is 49 in the prem so that shows its a younger mans game. Average age for national managers is 58. The data there suggests that 59 is about the right age :)

grandad

He is more suited at a Championship or League 1 side. He is out of his depth in the Prem. I wouldn´t touch him with a barge pole. He will be a pundit as he is one of the media darlings.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

That would be superb  !

Riverside

Despite all the comments above I predict he will be can in the Premier League about Feb / March for a team that is panicking about the prospect of going down .

ie about the time we hired Magath

St Eve

Hughes could be gone in the morning

Fulham 442

Hughes could be gone in the morning.

I thought he was great for us.  I was gutted when he left, especially for that lot down the road!

Marcel_Gecov

Alot of decent prem jobs out there. Hopefully a few of our opponents in this league will lose their managers.

toshes mate

And there was me thinking we need a decent Director of Football..... just for starters, to give our coaches the best of chances to show what they can do.  Nominations (or lack of them) have been sadly underwhelming and lacking in originality and suitability.

Mince n Tatties

All the money this after been for Derek McInnis of Aberdeen to  replace him...was 33/1 now 5/1.Ex West Brom player.

colinwhite

aaronmcguigan

Michael O Neill for something different , Martin O Neil for more of the same.
Your choice West Brom!