watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big week for the U23's this week

Started by Riversider, November 20, 2017, 03:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

The lads have got two games this week , firstly away to Southampton this evening and then on Friday at home to Newcastle with a 2pm kick off,
Because of the reluctance of Jokanovic to play any of our summer signings it has now become open season for any of the youngsters to stake a claim,
We are all familiar with the likes of Matt O'Riley, Luca De La Torre, Tayo Edun and the Sessegnon brothers, but are you also familiar with the excellent crop of youngsters that are following in their footsteps ?
Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson an attacking midfield player has been scoring goals for fun this season in the U23's, Cameron Thompson (who is actually an U18) has stepped up to the U23's this season and he to has been scoring regularly and looks a great prospect,Mattias Kait has played more International football than league football and was rewarded with a place on the bench on Saturday,
Two great prospects at the back Moritz Jenz, big tall German centre back and Rob Atkinson recently signed from non league football and he comes with the ability of being able to score from corners,
Elijah Adebayo who was on loan at Slough Town last season has also been scoring regularly this season for the U23's, and snapping at his heels in the U18's are the likes of Nicolas Santos Clase and Timmy Abraham,
So even though the 1st team aren't having the best of seasons there is nothing to suggest that the downturn will last for long with such a talented crop of youngsters all straining at the leash to be given their chance !
COYSW

dgnffc

Can someone advise where Thompson is when compared to Dembele at a similar age?

aaronmcguigan

Look at the state of Southamptons lineup for the u23s! Does anyone know if this lot are coming back from injury or is the manager just not playing them for the seniors?

Alex McCarthy
Matt Targett
Jack Stephens
Jan Bednarek
Jeremy Pied
Pierre Hojberg
James Ward Prowse
Sam McQueen

that is one hell of a group to have as essentially a reserves team.
The term #PellegrinoMustGo is trending on twitter so that says a lot!

Riversider

We're currently holding a very strong Southampton side 3-3 at half time, interestingly Jordan Graham has had a hand in all 3 goals, scoring 1 and making 2, 2 more goals for Adebayo, Soares has also made a goal,
The game is being shown live on Free to View on the Official website, this game could end up as anything.

MikeW

Read today that the Saints are looking to clear players out in Jan - notably strikers.  Hope Mr Talbot and his notebook are present looking at Jan signings.  And Riversider, that is an impressive resume of what's coming thro.  There is hope: just need the Coach to be a bit more progressive!  Well done.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

aaronmcguigan

4-3 win Kwietniweski with the winner. Decent game, solid second half.
Not sure if it's the PL or Southampton in charge of that freeciew but it was a very slick operation complete with decent camerawork, nice graphics, replays and sensible informative commentators who knew a lot about our youth team , all that for free!

cmg

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 20, 2017, 09:00:20 PM
Not sure if it's the PL or Southampton in charge of that freeciew but it was a very slick operation complete with decent camerawork, nice graphics, replays and sensible informative commentators who knew a lot about our youth team , all that for free!

I agree. A very good presentation.

cmg

Watched the live stream. Only saw the 2nd half so missed just the six goals!

I thought we played excellently in the 2nd half - calm, controlled and intelligent.

Team: Norman, S.Sessegnon, Soares (neat and efficient, didn't put himself around much.), Davies, Djalo (gets a lot of stick on this board although has always looked at least reasonable whenever I have seen him. Very good tonight. Well in control. Terrific distribution.), O'Riley, Kwietnieski (took the winning goal very well), Harris, Adebayo (two more goals for him, which I didn't see. Quietish second half but looked OK), Graham (very classy, always a danger, easily the standout, made the winner and had another superb effort disallowed for no apparent reason.), Thornstienssen (I like him, but felt he overdid it this evening.)

Well done, Fulham

filham

So what of Soares , he arrived hear with a very good reputation but we have not seen a lot of him in the 1st team. Is he worth a 1st team place.

Riversider

If you get a chance have a read of the match report on the official Southampton website, a glowing review of the performance of Jordan Graham, he hasn't so much knocked on the door he's kicked it off the hinges,
Jordan Graham must be included in the squad on Saturday against Millwall, were crying out for an attacking threat and he's exactly that, there's no justifiable reason to continue excluding him,
I said we've got a great crop of players in the u23's , make no bones about it, that's a very good win against a strong Southampton side.
COYSW

hovewhite

MJG

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 20, 2017, 09:00:20 PM
Its Southampton, they almost run a whole media team for the U23/18 teams.
Just the views of a long term fan

longleigh10

Quote from: Riversider on November 20, 2017, 03:53:56 PM
The lads have got two games this week , firstly away to Southampton this evening and then on Friday at home to Newcastle with a 2pm kick off,
Because of the reluctance of Jokanovic to play any of our summer signings it has now become open season for any of the youngsters to stake a claim,
We are all familiar with the likes of Matt O'Riley, Luca De La Torre, Tayo Edun and the Sessegnon brothers, but are you also familiar with the excellent crop of youngsters that are following in their footsteps ?
Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson an attacking midfield player has been scoring goals for fun this season in the U23's, Cameron Thompson (who is actually an U18) has stepped up to the U23's this season and he to has been scoring regularly and looks a great prospect,Mattias Kait has played more International football than league football and was rewarded with a place on the bench on Saturday,
Two great prospects at the back Moritz Jenz, big tall German centre back and Rob Atkinson recently signed from non league football and he comes with the ability of being able to score from corners,
Elijah Adebayo who was on loan at Slough Town last season has also been scoring regularly this season for the U23's, and snapping at his heels in the U18's are the likes of Nicolas Santos Clase and Timmy Abraham,
So even though the 1st team aren't having the best of seasons there is nothing to suggest that the downturn will last for long with such a talented crop of youngsters all straining at the leash to be given their chance !
COYSW

Yes they're an exciting bunch to watch - looking forward to Fridays match, lots of action.  Thompson played on Sat with U18s (lots of action in that match too) - would have been good to see him play this game, hopefully will see him on Fri.  I think they're definitely worth keeping hopes up for. 
I support the up & coming youths of today

Riversider

I'm hoping that we don't see Graham and Soares involved on Friday so to give us an early indication that they are involved against Millwall,
Graham wide left and Ojo wide right against Millwall , take your pick for who you want in the middle !

longleigh10

Good to see the club concentrating on giving the academy lads some recognition.  Interview with Cameron and Jon on the main website today.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/22/academy-focus

I support the up & coming youths of today

Woolly Mammoth

I am impressed and excited by this information and report.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.