watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The Blades

Started by bog, November 20, 2017, 05:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I do not have many fond memories of playing them Blades and these certainly aren't. Back in the long gone '60's they always beat us. I recall a 1-1 FA Cup 4th rnd tie at the Cottage 1966. They had a winger who looked about 58, Bill Punton, he of very thinning hair. Plus Mick Jones and Alan Birchenall as a front pairing. We ran them ragged but just could not score until Allan Clarke did so right at the end...but we lost up there 3-1.   Clarke and Jones later paired up at Leeds. 
Then I went up to see a mid week game in August 1968 and once again we ran them ragged and lost 1-0 to a Colin Addison goal, the only thing to be excited about was the debut of a certain Malcolm MacDonald. What a long drive home that night that was.

Anyway tomorrow?  1-3.

Thank you and good night       

colinwhite

Remeber the cup game well. Mick jones looked so ungamely as he went through to score but what a strike.

Rhys Lightning 63

I have two memories of seeing Fulham playing Sheff Utd.

Harry Maguire doing a Beckenbauer-like run through our defence in the FA Cup back in 2014. Losing the replay of said match in the 119th minutes.

I just hope we don't lose, that's all I'm going to ask for
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fernhurst

I remember a crushingly boring 0-0 draw in 1965 Bog
9 thousand attendance and the one and only time I took my nephew.
50 years later and despite the rest of his family being Spurs nuts he still insists he's a Fulham fan.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 20, 2017, 06:46:08 PM
I have two memories of seeing Fulham playing Sheff Utd.

Harry Maguire doing a Beckenbauer-like run through our defence in the FA Cup back in 2014. Losing the replay of said match in the 119th minutes.

I just hope we don't lose, that's all I'm going to ask for

As you are aware this game was live on TV. I think it was the worst televised display I have ever seen by a Fulham side. Maguire looked a real talent and I thought we must bid for him....no.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 20, 2017, 07:41:49 PM
I remember a crushingly boring 0-0 draw in 1965 Bog
9 thousand attendance and the one and only time I took my nephew.
50 years later and despite the rest of his family being Spurs nuts he still insists he's a Fulham fan.

As if I needed to Fernhurst I just checked that season, not sure if I saw that one, it was midweek so I should have done. I see we lost the away game a week later 2-0, nothing surprising there then! I am sniffing a Fulhamish tomorrow night.... 

092.gif

bog

Quote from: colinwhite on November 20, 2017, 06:42:30 PM
Remeber the cup game well. Mick jones looked so ungamely as he went through to score but what a strike.

Jones really worked well with Sniffer for Leeds but I think he only played for England once or twice. What a player Clarke was. Cocky sod but one who delivered.

092.gif

filham

Oh dear, all of that has done nothing for our confidence tomorrow night.
Seem to me now that a 0-0 draw should make us all deliriously happy.

Fernhurst

Thought our performance last Saturday evening was refreshing but helped by an off colour Derby. Tomorrow night will be slightly different up against a fit and faster Blades outfit.
Hoping for the best but fearing their set pieces.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 20, 2017, 09:56:00 PM
Thought our performance last Saturday evening was refreshing but helped by an off colour Derby. Tomorrow night will be slightly different up against a fit and faster Blades outfit.
Hoping for the best but fearing their set pieces.

Hello Fernhurst, I would like to think it was us that made them look off colour!  :003: I can always dream....

092.gif