watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When do we decide enough is enough?

Started by Robbie, November 20, 2017, 07:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Hello, I have noticed that many of the Slav-out posts get removed.

I am dedicated season ticket holder and big fan of the old FFC.

But I also want to see some WINS for my hard-earned money.

There are good managers out there, who know how to play Championship football.

Even Championship on Five (rightly) said at the weekend that we are the standout underperfomers in this league. We are not a nursery, we have ambition to get back to the PL.

Why is everyone on this site apparently so complacent?

How many more draws/losses?

BestOfBrede

hovewhite

Quote from: Robbie on November 20, 2017, 07:46:13 PM

Even Championship on Five (rightly) said at the weekend that we are the standout underperfomers in this league. We are not a nursery, we have ambition to get back to the PL.

How quickly will this post get taken down ... tick tock !

This is a board for different objective views im a slav fan ,but know hes not perfect and am concerned so your view should be aired.
We for whatever reason have been not good  this season and if the case the mods shouldnt be ,if they are deleting posts out that dont contain abuse,if there abusive then remove em.
Your post isnt anyway abusive.

Friendsoffulham

"Hello, I have noticed that many of the Slav-out posts get removed".

No they don't, they tend to get locked, or heavily edited, due to petulant behaviour.

colinwhite

Are you saying you want sack Jokanovic? If so who are you suggesting we put in his place?

Patrick

Quote from: colinwhite on November 20, 2017, 08:26:43 PM
Are you saying you want sack Jokanovic? If so who are you suggesting we put in his place?

Pulis is available.....

Marcel_Gecov

after the recent issues with Kline etc Joka essentially needs a clean slate and a transfer window. I think in March we will know the plan which is he either leaves at the end of the season or gets another shot. Personally I want him to get another season as it means he's done well.

MikeW

Marcel - with respect, this 'situation' needs addressing a long time before March.  Certain poster's wild optimism washes over me but everyone entitled to an opinion.  Given investment, a Coach who shows a degree of enthusiasm and buys into it and players who show some motivation, we might make a play off scenario again.  I regret we will fall short on all three.  There are simply no pointers.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

EastEndWhite

He says it in virtually every post he makes. Nothing new in this one. Expect to read more of the same.

filham

We really cannot be changing managers every other season , we need a period of stability and have to give Jocanovic our full support for a reasonable length of time.

However, Jocanovic cannot expect a blind faith type of support from us all forever. The team has to give reasonable performances and results. at the moment this season's results are not really any better than they were when Kit was sacked. That is just not good enough and if this situation is not improved by say mid season then we should start to question Jocanovic's ability.

WE have been unlucky with injuries and reports suggest a number of players retuning soon, there is then hope for improvement.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Patrick on November 20, 2017, 08:30:03 PM

Pulis is available.....

:031:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Matt10

I see this comment a lot..."Championship football"...why? Why are we limited to playing championship football? What happens if we get promoted, we now play Premiere League football?

Like they say, dress for the job you want, not the job you already have. I think Slav has done great and adjustments made in the Derby match were on the right track. The only irony of championship football is that you can string a couple wins and be in the playoff race in no-time. That's what we can do.

General

I mean, if you're an fan of old FFC then you must be a relatively new fan, because when I started supporting this club we were in the old league two and many on here have known the club in even more dire straits.

We aren't owed a place in the premiership and what needs to happen isn't solely down to the manager - hence the whole kline getting chucked out of the training ground and sent back to the states debacle...

Slavisa has the ability to manage any team into a style which is not only attractive but effective in doing a job against most teams in a lot of ways... I think most probably agree the only reason we're not doing so well this year is because we've lost so many goals over the last summer from key performers.

That's not Slav, that's transfer policy... and it looks like and I hope it means that's been acknowledged by Shahid and will change in Jan.

You criticise the clubs results, which we'd all admit aren't the best, but when you're six points from being in the championship playoffs a bit more of a realistic perspective to how close this league is and what can happen with a few positive performances should be given in any perspective.

Milo

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 20, 2017, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: Patrick on November 20, 2017, 08:30:03 PM

Pulis is available.....

:031:

You must be joking... Tony Pulis is coming nowhere near Fulham after the Gillingham game in 98.

Matt10

Quote from: General on November 21, 2017, 01:34:07 AM

I mean, if you're an fan of old FFC then you must be a relatively new fan, because when I started supporting this club we were in the old league two and many on here have known the club in even more dire straits.

We aren't owed a place in the premiership and what needs to happen isn't solely down to the manager - hence the whole kline getting chucked out of the training ground and sent back to the states debacle...

Slavisa has the ability to manage any team into a style which is not only attractive but effective in doing a job against most teams in a lot of ways... I think most probably agree the only reason we're not doing so well this year is because we've lost so many goals over the last summer from key performers.

That's not Slav, that's transfer policy... and it looks like and I hope it means that's been acknowledged by Shahid and will change in Jan.

You criticise the clubs results, which we'd all admit aren't the best, but when you're six points from being in the championship playoffs a bit more of a realistic perspective to how close this league is and what can happen with a few positive performances should be given in any perspective.

Well said, and I agree, we have lost our goal scoring, simple. In addition though, there was a string there where we are incredibly passive in the defensive third. Not enough risk/reward. I hope they reviewed the earlier matches in the season and saw how direct we were - it makes a big difference in this possession based system. People like to say that they've all figured us out, but even if that's true, it was our chance creation to goal scoring ratio that could not be denied. Once we get back to that, we'll be on the right track - and I feel that will be very soon.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MikeW on November 20, 2017, 09:17:06 PM
Marcel - with respect, this 'situation' needs addressing a long time before March.  Certain poster's wild optimism washes over me but everyone entitled to an opinion.  Given investment, a Coach who shows a degree of enthusiasm and buys into it and players who show some motivation, we might make a play off scenario again.  I regret we will fall short on all three.  There are simply no pointers.

Can you reread my post please and what I was essentially saying?

If Kline was as devastating as posters on here tell me then It's only fair to give Joka a transfer window with a bit more say and see how we get on. He then needs time to work with the new players. That brings us to around March when we will be either offering him a new contract or he'll be leaving. If Joka gets a new contract then it means we have had a better season, our paths are directly linked. If around that time no ext is forthcoming then there's time to succession plan.

I don't see what's controversial about that.

joeemslie

Slavisa has the ability to manage any team into a style which is not only attractive but effective in doing a job against most teams in a lot of ways...

You criticise the clubs results, which we'd all admit aren't the best, but when you're six points from being in the championship playoffs

I feel I should preface this answer with the fact that I am neither 'Slav In' or 'Slav Out' (however, recently our performances have been terrible (Derby excluded) which doesn't fill me with hope) but just to put actual stats against what you are saying as it seems untrue.

Slavisa has the ability to manage any team into a style which is not only attractive but effective in doing a job against most teams in a lot of ways...

Our past 6 fixtures results are as follows:

D L L D L D

Can you just let me know your justification for the comment? As I personally don't see him 'doing a job', unless that job is to give them 3 points?

Furthermore, if you state that "when you're six points from being in the championship playoffs" I feel it should always include the fact that we are only 7 away from the relegation zone and that 10 other teams, three of whom have played one game less than us, are 6 points, or less, away from the Playoffs. It feels like a redundant argument to me given the stats.

MJG

When is enough is enough?

For me its a combination of losses in a row and short to midterm run.

Look at Pulis, 4 losses in a row and no wins in 11 games.

At the moment we are 10 points in 10 games, 6 games without a win. I'd say hes just above the red line where you have to start looking at things game by game. But saying that you have to look at the whole picture.

Jol got the sack after 5 league loses in a row. He actually lost 5 the previous year in a row and would have got the sack but for the Swansea win and MAF selling the club.

My rule is you lose 5 in a row then its crunch time, go ten without a win and thats almost certainly goodbye
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: joeemslie on November 21, 2017, 09:31:46 AM

You criticise the clubs results, which we'd all admit aren't the best, but when you're six points from being in the championship playoffs

I feel I should preface this answer with the fact that I am neither 'Slav In' or 'Slav Out' (however, recently our performances have been terrible (Derby excluded) which doesn't fill me with hope) but just to put actual stats against what you are saying as it seems untrue.

Our past 6 fixtures results are as follows:

D L L D L D

Can you just let me know your justification for the comment? As I personally don't see him 'doing a job', unless that job is to give them 3 points?

Furthermore, if you state that "when you're six points from being in the championship playoffs" I feel it should always include the fact that we are only 7 away from the relegation zone and that 10 other teams, three of whom have played one game less than us, are 6 points, or less, away from the Playoffs. It feels like a redundant argument to me given the stats.

You make good points and I totally agree with you. Im a fan of Joka but also believe that he isn't the be all and end all that some think he is. I do think he has been let down by the players bought in which comes down to either the stats & scouting or the players themselves and we havent seen what the Joka team could achieve this season.

Your point regards the league position and points etc is fair however that doesn't worry me to much. I think that all it shows is that a decent run of results will put us back in contention and that we haven't totally messed the season up. The game vs Sheff Utd is huge, a win and we can hopefully start feeling a bit happier and that we could progress up the season.

Southcoastffc

In all this, let's not overlook that last season our top 4 goal scorers were Cairney, Johansen, Aluko and Martin. A+M have gone without being 'entirely' replaced and Cairney and Johansen have both been injured or playing with injuries.   That's a tough call.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.