watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My weekend. (NFR) not really

Started by The Swan, November 20, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

It started at golf on Saturday morning. Scored 20 stapleford points. My handicap is 18. Not good scoring.

Went to the game, another draw but an improved performance.

Drove back to Milton Keynes on Sunday evening. Speed cameras on M1 set at 60 I was doing 64 and I got flashed. Awaiting a speeding ticket.

Our washing machine broke down, we have had it for 14 years. We ordered a new one and it will be delivered this Thursday morning.
I went to disconnect the old machine this afternoon and found my main water stop cock was stuck. I went outside to my garden to the Anglian Water Boards stop cock and found it also stuck.
Contacted the water board to come and repair their stop cock , but they can't come until Thursday morning.
Keeping my fingers crossed that the water board gets here before the delivery of the new washing machine.
The Swan

aaronmcguigan

speeding is speeding but a tad harsh no? I get that every mph over is a danger but the NPCC guidelines, note only a guide, state that 10% leeway should be given plus 2mph to account for incorrect calibration. This guideline is to promote safe driving and move away from drivers focus being on the speedometer rather than the road. Like I say, it's a guideline, and it's individual police force discretion to act on it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/the-truth-about-speeding-fines/

MikeW

I met my 2 day old grandson Cass for the first time.  A little beauty.  So there is a Brightside!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

If you were doing 64 mph in a 60 mph speed limit, you should not have got flashed.
To be flashed at a 60mph limit you would have to be doing 69mph.
As the margin of error is 10% of the limit plus 3. 
30+6,  40+7, 50+8, 60+9, 70+10, and so on.
Different Constabularys may vary, so you may have been unlucky or misjudged your speed. Nevertheless best to keep within these limits, although I appreciate it can happen to the best of us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Swan

Thank you Newry FFC.
A very interesting article on the speeding. Hopefully as I was doing 64mph in the 60mph limit I might be under the speed that a ticket will be issued.
The Swan