watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from sheffield United

Started by terryr, November 21, 2017, 11:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Just back from OZ and off again on Saturday.
Managed to find this collection of diamond comments on the United forum.
They're bound for Glory and certainly NOT a little club...unlike Fulham...To be fair they've clearly been wound up tight by a pregame thread on another forum. Actually they've lifted quotes from THIS forum...man do they hate us for it! I tried to catch most of the swearing, but I'm sure I've missed some. Read on and try not to get silly in response as it is what it is....... the rantings of a decidedly small club easily wound up in their moments of glory.
Did I mention they're 2nd in the league?
:wow:

" There isn't one single club in the football league that isn't jealous of what we've got at the minute."

" If he wants to and if he's able, they ought to let Couttsy hobble pitchside and say oreyt to the fans before kick off. It'll make everyone feel better to see him and he'll be able to see how much everyone appreciates him and wishes him well.
Think it would set the tone nicely for the match."

" I'm so looking forward to seeing the mighty Blades 'in the flesh' tomorrow for the 1st time since the opening game of this season.
Having watched (on line) this team developing into the winners they have become and playing the attractive football they do is a pleasure I personally have not experienced for a good few years of following the Blades, so long may it continue.
In a weird way it also doesn't seem to matter so much now if we don't win, simply because of the effort the players make!
But hey, this winning run is just so enjoyable and I for one am enjoying every minute of it!
We'll also be in the BL upper on Saturday. "

" We really struck gold with this bloke. Can't wait to see how he sets us up tomorrow, got a feeling we won't miss a beat."

" When you "play the game" in the manner we now do, I can genuinely say, I walk out of defeats feeling better than when we used to win playing anti-football under Hoofy. What we have currently is built on solid foundations and the results are the, inevitable, manifestation of the way the team play.
I well remember rowing with others on here (and elsewhere) who would swear blind we deserved to win games under Blackwell because "good teams can play poorly and still win" and ignore the fact the football was dreadful and had no sustainability about it.
Chris Wilder I love you for what you've done for this club and these supporters. You're getting the plaudits you deserve and long may it continue."

" The last 18 months have devolved me back child again as far as football is concerned. I've been sulking for days because my favourite player got injured. Last time that happened, I was leaving Vale Park aged 10."

"Every time I see and hear CW speak it further reinforces to me how incredibly fortunate we as a club are that he is "one of our own." In time he will manage at the very very highest level. If it is with us, wonderful. If he stays for 10 years, establishes us as a mid-top half PL team and maybe gives us a cup final or even a tilt at the Europa league, and then leaves to manage a title-winning club he will go with my best wishes and lifelong affection.

He has already eclipsed all other managers I've seen at the Lane (including Warnock). His honesty, passion and sheer love for the club shines through at every turn. I'm sure he is as devastated for Coutts as we all are, probably more, but I am equally sure that in CW we have the perfect man to formulate and execute a plan to replace him, and keep us rolling on towards target number 1 - secure Championship football next season. Once that's achieved it's on to bigger and better things, and I've a sneaky feeling we may all have a party come April that will make last season's post-Northampton celebrations look like a wake by comparison."

" Genuine goosebumps watching that, was there on Friday and it felt like one of the family had suffered...but then the genuine bond between players and fans was clearly evident at the final whistle and somehow a feeling that we'll actually be ok...there is something very special happening down at the Lane"

" Wilder so often emphasises the most important things with regards to the club, the management and the players: How we go about our business, work hard to do a good job, etc.
This applies to us fans as well, that we also have a job to do. Sometimes the team needs us- not to moan or criticise or be cynical- but to just support the team and get behind the lads. This is what they need right now and particularly whoever comes in in midfield. Just our full support.
Yes there are times for criticism, and yes the team does need to earn the right for unwavering support. But that's exactly what they have done this past 18 months, so that's exactly what we should be giving them."

" It's our turn tomorrow . No waiting around tomorrow for a flash of brilliance , a well timed tackle or a great effort on goal . Get behind the lads from minute 1 and never stop . Time to step up to the plate fellow Blades ."

" After what this team has done it should be like that every game.
But now more than ever, we need to give them every advantage we can.
And Fulham don't strike me as the sort of team who'll enjoy playing at a noisy, hostile Bramall Lane on a Tuesday night."

" Under Wier, Clough and Adkin's the fans were tearing each other apart. We know with CW and 'his' team they could hardly do any better than they did. No slackers, no lack of effort and no attitudes out there. If we lose its because the other team did better, not cause the fans fails to get behind the team as Clough and Adkin's would have you think.
I felt worse about Coutts injury than I did about losing to QPR. Admitted if we go plummeting down the league our and the teams metal will be tested but as I said, it will be tested together"

" Pre-Match View From Fulham- This has clearly wound them up and their reactions speak volumes.....Who's the REAL little club ? Certainly NOT Sheffield United?

https://roysviewfrom.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/pre-match-view-from-fulham-2/"
Oh dear

" It's a common mistake, they think we're a Warnock style team.

To be fair it does seem impossible that players fresh out of league 1 can have so much class and quality.

My prediction is that the Fulham fans will say how poorly they played on Tuesday when they barely have a shot on goal.
Virtually every match we play these days, I accept that our defence can be busy but our goalie has very little to do."

" Lets have a look at the typical opposition checklist:

They have a "better" team than us - tick.

We have nothing but "team spirit" - tick

We're "nothing special" - tick

The "United are a physical bunch of cloggers" cliche - tick

We haven't played anyone good - tick

Cheers Fulham, you've already lost."

" Clearly they are a refined and educated bunch of public school types. No unseemly physicality from them, just the purest type of total football we'll ever watch.....complete bollocks of course.

They seem to consider KM as a key player, well let's show them how a real midfield operates. Lead by our captain, we'll show the resolve and hunger that has taken us to the heady heights of the Championship, we'll make Couttsy proud that he's part of such a bunch of footballing roughnecks.....up the hooligans!"

" Just because we have a few big names in midfield makes us a target for smaller teams

Unbelievable!

We're smaller than Fulham. Really?

I wonder what measurement scale that's on?

"they've had easy-ish fixtures

We've played 17 teams out of 23 and 4 of the 6 we haven't played are in the bottom half of the table !!!

What do these numpties eat for breakfast?

" I hope their management and players are as thick and ignorant as their fans."

" Am I right in saying that when you're 2nd in the league and 16 points clear of your next opposition, the chances are you're a better team than them? It's just been a recurring thing this season and I'm confused as whether I'm losing it."

" Generally they seem like a typical case of 'Premier League disease'.
It makes me even more gutted about Coutts because if he was playing not only do I think we'd beat them, we'd at least match their football as well."

" Comes to something when the only thing you've ever done of note is be owned by Mohammed Al Fayed."

"Well there was the Michael Jackson statue (snigger).
Oh and being the only ground in the country to have a "neutral" stand (snigger)."

" Ah yes, the neutral stand. Of all the things to do when visiting London, would anyone have watching a middling London club on that list? I don't think so, you want to see the best. "The Best" isn't something you would attach to Fulham. In fact after reading those comments, the only thing I'd attach to Fulham is a flaming sack of dog sh*t."

" Our advantage is that 17 teams have experienced their "style", and they've failed to beat 13 of them.
Some style...."

" I'd struggle to name 5/6 Fulham players too. But as far as I understand it they are the usual bunch of hideously overpriced types strangely considered not good enough for the Premier League, so we might as well doff our flat caps while they steam roller the division. I'm sure that'll happen any time now..."

" Often read these Viewfroms & respect the understanding, passion for the game & humour of fans from all sorts of clubs.
Fulham though, hmmm. The club which seems to have made stylish yet pointless underachieving an artform &, as it's done so, to have raised a generation of cretins as supporters."

" They have no idea about our players, style, tactics and management, they, like most everybody else make it up because it sounds "right", we have just come up si we obviously aren't that good, hoof ball, get found out, who do they think they are, Barcelona? Oh, yes they do, they said so didn't they, glad I didn't read this after I had been to the pub, I now f*ckin hate em, add to list."

" Given the stupid comments can I be as bold as to give Roy the day off after the match.

View From:
We had an off day
They're nothing special
How the hell can that fat journey man score 2
Never a pen
Leon bleeding Clarke
Always prefer the other lot in Sheffield anyway"

" Currently 17th in the table after 17 games is proof positive that they've played all the toughest teams in the division, and their class-laden squad will now push on towards the Premiership again. I have no doubts whatsoever that, just like Sheffield Wednesday and Reading they will be in the play-offs by the end of season, when once again they can stun the rest of the teams in the Championship with the quality, flair and attack-minded brilliance that we were so privileged to witness at the end of last season. Watching those play-off games last season, and knowing that we would have to compete with teams like that to stand any chance of staying up, I have to admit to have been shaking in my shoes at the prospects we faced.
Being 2nd in the league and averaging more than 2 points per game, with two strikers sharing 17 goals that have all had more than their fair share of luck attached to them, is (as we all know) a temporary and false position. We need to enjoy it while it lasts, and pray that somehow we can get to the magic 50 points total over the next 29 games."

" Not sure if Fulham have underachieved, probably say they've over achieved.
When in the lower divisions they have similar support to Brentford.
I'd say there's not that much difference size wise comparing Fulham to Brentford, both small clubs.
Love the area and atmosphere around Craven Cottage tho, it's quaint, scenic (next to the river) and almost village like."

" Yeah, agree with you about the ground. And see what you're saying re: the club's size.
But was thinking more in terms of the players they've got (especially what seems a pretty stellar midfield for this level) & the wealth that must have been made available to construct their squad.
They really ought to be doing far better than they are I'd say, given the ability they've got & the stylish football they've got the capacity to play. (Or maybe I'm just pissed off with myself as a tipster, given that I had them down to finish top 2 in pre-season predictions!)"

" Agree about underachieving this season.
On paper they have some very good players but there's obviously something wrong because they're not performing as a team.
Maybe they've got too many players like K-Mac, let him play and he's brilliant but when he's closed down he sulks and can't perform.
If they don't start moving up that table then you would expect their manager to be sacked sooner or later."

" When they played against Wolves on TV the other week, they were trying to pass it out from the back. They had players either side of the 18 yard box, the keeper passed it to one of them, Wolves pressured them and they lost the ball. This happened more than half a dozen times.
If they've seen anything of us this season, they should be bricking it just about that!
I've no doubt they've got some good players, but they're bereft of confidence and we're in form, at home, and are 2nd in La Liga. Bring it on "Barcelona"."

" WHO alert .. new virus.. strain premiership itis
symtoms
play like barcelona
foreign manager
overpriced french second division mercenaries and ex prem has beens over 30
delusions of grandeur
never 'actually' won anything
Average attendance 15k max"

" Difficult to say
a) If the usual Wednesday wankers have infiltrated the Fulham forum or...
b) The Fulham fans are totally flipping clueless.

"I will struggle to name 5/6 Sheff Utd players, but just because we have a few big names in midfield makes us a target for smaller teams"

So what makes Fulham think they're a 'bigger' team? Is it - like Bolton, QPR etc. - they bought their way into the PL and think that's their natural home? Are they aggrieved that they were proven to be not up to PL standard? Or is it based on their crowds that dwarf ours? (18,192 at home to Derby on Saturday).

"I watched Sheff U against Leeds, yes they have a decent team that hassle and press, but underlying their success is cheating and a professionalism beyond sport.

People like Andy Carroll, Robert Huth and Shawcross are the real culprits and ill-informed comments like this allow them to get away with it. Also, true football fans should applaud Chris Wilder's Blades for not throwing money at it - unlike Fulham. From my Memries of Fulham:
Fulham Football Club is owned by Shahid Khan. Khan completed his purchase of the club from Mohamed Al-Fayed on 12 July 2013 for a reported £150–200M.

During his ownership of Fulham, Al-Fayed had provided Fulham F.C. with £187 million in interest free loans. In March 2011 Fulham posted annual losses of £16.9 million, Al-Fayed stated that he would continue to make "funds available to achieve our goals both on and off the pitch" and that the "continued success of Fulham and its eventual financial self-sustainability is my priority."As of January 2013 Fulham were effectively debt free as Al-Fayed converted the loans into equity in the club.
Yes, it must be a pisser being first Al-Fayed's and now Khan's bitch and having nothing to show for it."

" I've watched them twice this season in parts against Wolves which they lost and the other night against Derby which they drew. To be honest they looked a very good team in both the games I saw them but didn't know how to score although created quite a few chances. They look like they can pass the ball about and have got a turn of pace so we need that first goal to stop any confidence they might have. Hopefully the majority of them will be right with their comments and we'll get another Blades win:)
Cheers Roy, appreciated as always mate"

"I guess when they have such a passive set of supporters who never travel away from home, it makes sense that they hardly bother to watch other teams in their league. Those comments are just incredible - how can you still have those pre-conceived notions about us when a) It's almost December, b) We're 2nd in the league and c) We've been on the telly 4-5 times this season."

" I hope that Cottage of theirs disappears down a sinkhole and into the Thames sometime soon.
What a bunch of massive club syndrome, deluded fuckwits they are."

" Saw them a few times last season and thought they were the best footballing side. Expected them to piss the playoffs tbh,
This season it seems they're still playing great football, but can't score goals. Equally can't keep a clean sheet.
I'd be happy to be outfootballed by them and win 1-0."

" Maybe their fans consider Kevin MacDonald (on paper) a better player than Paul Coutts. Maybe Kevin MacDonald could prove it if he was managed by Chris Wilder. From what I've seen of him he's yesterday's news, and maybe that goes for several of Fulham's squad - last season's play-off players.
I've just watched a re-run of highlights from the Palace/Everton game. Another player who is clearly yesterday's news is Phil Jags; please don't let me hear of him ever coming back to the Lane. Maybe Chris Wilder could coach the best out of him, but Jags would have to lose the midriff bulge first."

" Obviously we are without Coutts, but if we are on our game, they are in for an uncomfortable evening as in every home game certainly since we beat Derby, we will out-run them, out-work them and generally out-play them. Their fans will be moaning after that they had an off night but we will know this is because that they will see very little of the ball let alone pass it around and when they do get it, they will be hunted down until they inevitably give it back to us. I don't care if they got a draw with Derby, Derby don't play like us, Derby probably play more like Fulham. Be afraid Fulham fans, be very afraid.
Makes me laugh all these opposition fans saying they are better player for player, they have no idea how good this set of Blades players are, but they are about to find out. Not only have we got Championship quality players, we've got excellent Championship quality players."

" Didn't hate Fulham until I read that, I just thought they were a nice little side for Chelsea fans to watch when they couldn't get a ticket for Chelsea. I now think they are a bunch of cunts. Come on Blades, stuff the posh London wankers."

" Never read so much crap in my life . Who the f*ck are Fulham to call anyone small! They say they couldn't name 5/6 of our players... erm well I could only name one of theirs... McDonald"

" But now we've lost Coutts, shouldn't we all be panicking and thinking the worst!???"

" There are only three circumstances in which I can even contemplate Fulham as a target. Having a p*ss, sh*t or w*nk.
In truth I never contemplate eternal small club Fulham at all, save to remember Jimmy Hill with fondness."

" They were one of my tips to go up this year so not quite sure why they are where they are.
Wouldn't really say that they're a little club, certainly bigger than Brentford but obviously living in Chelsea's shadow and must be pretty depressing to be seen as insignificant to your biggest rival"

" ill say that tomorrow night is exactly the sort of game that we would struggle with before the season. I watched them on Sky against Villa last year and they genuinely looked like they could score whenever they attacked. Don't know what's changed but im going to back what ive seen over the last 17 games over what i saw last year and say we should win and dominate. Fingers crossed"

" they are a good team...with good players and it won't be easy tomorrow"

" Why is it always the sh*tty little clubs that are less gracious?"

" I'm not ashamed to admit a certain envy at their run to the final of the Europa League just a few years ago, knocking out Juventus en route to a very creditable performance in the final where they narrowly lost out to Atletico Madrid. Credit where credit's due Pinchy!"

" While we are winning games as often as we are the next game really cannot come quick enough.... BUT still absolutely gutted about Coutts, both from a point of view for the team, but mostly to the man himself - who was really enjoying his football and finally had confidence to push his body to the limits having finally 'forgot' about his previous serious injury. Will take a strong man to ever play at those 110% levels ever again. But not to dwell on the tragic event, enough to say I'd have rather lost the game, than lost Coutts for the season. Anyway, it's now up to the lads to continue the excellent work and somehow shake that horrible incident from their minds. With our style of committed play, these things are a risk. Fortunately the opposition don't usually manage to catch us, but I hope, and I'm sure Wilder will not allow any fall off in the style and attitude shown so far....

So next up it's Fulham to BDBL, who are 6 games without a win. However I'm not sure they have been playing too bad recently, and yet again we'll need to be at our very best to continue the excellent form shown so far...

Anyway....

Any team news? :)

Other than the obvious keep the same lineup?

Lundstram presumably the replacement?

Carruthers now likely to be seeing 'some' game time?

Baldock back in if fit?

Clarke's knock not enough to keep him out?

Hopefully now just a last word on the Coutts situation from me, just over 18 months ago most of us would have been happy to drive Coutts to play for any other club anywhere. It shows CW's ability in changing a players drive and mentality. We have no reason to think it cannot happen again with whoever get's the nod as the replacement (not suggesting there have been attitude problems with anyone BTW). What I mean is, Chris has a plan/style and will want to continue in the same way as far as possible. If not he'll bring someone in, in January. Now if that doesn't spur players on to perform in the meantime I don't know what will. As long as we get behind the lads, and encourage the 'replacement', you never know, we could end up unearthing a gem even better suited to the jigsaw.... Maybe not but let's not self destruct. 2-1 Hard fought Blades win - and back top :)

" The juggernaut rolls on. 2-0 to the Mighty."

" Tough game I think, they looked good against Derby. Saying that though so did Reading against Wolves, and we battered them"

" Hugely important game for us tonight. If we can win it will build belief after Friday's disaster. Watched most of Fulham v Derby on TV they've got some good players although Derby's pedestrian midfield gave them the time and space to play. Fulham should have won but had little going right in attack. UTB"

" A couple of us southerners drivin up for this, looking forward to it but expecting a very wet evening and lots of sliding around and a few errors on both sides. Am expecting we'll get forward a bit quicker without Coutts and not so much recycling, horses for courses and a narrow blades win."

" I hope its not another Norwich type game.
James Linnington the referee likes to dish red cards out,not done a game of ours since he did the away game at West Ham 1-1 and we won on pens Michael Doyle cockney geezer walk."

BedsFFC

Wow. Without any doubt the most upbeat yet insecure bunch of messages I have ever seen.

Part of me feels good for them as theyve had a tough time. One has to assume they will crash and burn soon and I dearly hope that starts tonight

Fulhamfan666

they get so butthurt lmao. Love it.

Sgt Fulham

Wednesday fans were worse last year. Typical fan comments to be honest.

Interesting nonetheless, thanks for posting.

Woolly Mammoth

To be fair, I can understand why they have the views they have about us, I am not saying they are right. But we have got nothing to shout about, and certainly shouldn't look down our noses at anyone, but there are Fulham Supporters who seem to think on paper we have better players than them when we are 17th and they are 2nd, and these same fans are so complacent and deluded and easily pleased about Fulham when they compare us to other clubs. Who are we to think we are better than them or anyone else.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
So I am not surprised some fans from other clubs think the way they do about us.  051
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

We know the situation and I recognise the club we are, which is a small fish in a big pond. No doubt if S U carry on with their successful run the big clubs will be knocking on their door for players and the manager. So hope they enjoy their success but be aware of the consequences. How far is West Brom from Sheffield?

bog

There is no doubt that they have the momentum from last season and Chris Wilder is a good manager. However they are due a slip up and here we come! A Fulhamish 1-3.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif   

Southcoastffc

"There isn't one single club in the football league that isn't jealous of what we've got at the minute"  Oh I think there is.  I've been to Sheffield. (and survived)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Keynsham

Sheffield is a poo hole, beaten only by Sunderland, Barrow In Furness and Doncaster.

The people that it breeds are of a similar ilk.

Woolly Mammoth

I have to admit, I would not send my mother in law there or any of the other destinations mentioned above.
If England had Piles, that could be any of those places mentioned.

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Part of the joy of football is that wait long enough just about every club hits some type of purple patch and the fans get to indulge in a spot of basking of the type on display above.  Hope they enjoy it right up until kick off.

I'm sure that all cities have their wrong side of the tracks.  But Sheffield does have some nice bits and having the peaks so close is quite enviable.

Outstanding job as usual Terry

HobGoblin

Bet they feel like mugs now. Only thing they had going for them is the Full Monty

SP

Quote from: HobGoblin on November 21, 2017, 09:36:51 PM
Bet they feel like mugs now. Only thing they had going for them is the Full Monty

And Jessica Ennis!

OdecaMynoT

DOH!

Humble pie for the rest of the week with a couple of chip butties to wash it down.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

HobGoblin

Hmmm,

Soooo

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder:

"It's difficult to make sense of it. To concede five at home, you are not going to give yourself a fantastic chance.

"I was proud of the players for the way we went for it. I don't want my team to go out the back door - it's happened too many times over the last few years. It's been too easy for teams to win here.

"Fulham earned it today, though I don't think they cut us open."

Concede 5 at home and other side not cut you open!!!! Sounds like someone was Wengering the game

MaidenheadMick

Cut them open? More like chopped them into little pieces.

Fulham Joe

Just been reading the Sheffield Utd forum, many on their are full of praise for Sessignon and Cairney, but nothing amused me more than this comment.

"Worked us out ?
So all teams have to do is play 3 pacy skillfull strikers ping the ball around like Brazil and pressure us all over the pitch ?

Well were fucked then the championship is full of teams like that"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Joe on November 22, 2017, 02:51:29 PM
Just been reading the Sheffield Utd forum, many on their are full of praise for Sessignon and Cairney, but nothing amused me more than this comment.

"Worked us out ?
So all teams have to do is play 3 pacy skillfull strikers ping the ball around like Brazil and pressure us all over the pitch ?

Well were fucked then the championship is full of teams like that"

If brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his hat off.

Never forget your Roots.

Gloss White

I have friends who support Oxford and Wilder got them out of the Conference and close to promotion from Div 2 but by and large they could not stand him and his negative brand of football and celebrated when he left.