watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Sheffield United

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 21, 2017, 06:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

There are two Sheffield centre backs currently sitting on a bench wondering who, if anyone, to mark this evening.

J.Perkins

Jonaldiniho 88

BestOfBrede

SuffolkWhite

well that's an interesting team choice, what's the formation? Anyone?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on November 21, 2017, 07:03:53 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on November 21, 2017, 07:00:59 PM
Ayite and Ojo.

Clueless.

what would your first Xi be?
(i promise i won't laugh)

Button

Fredericks Kalas Ream Soares

Cairney, McDonald, Edun

Kebano, Fonte, Mollo

Mince n Tatties

I had a feeling Ojo would be back in if fit...Obviously Madl, Djalo and Cisse are not going go be in Slava's plans.

Lighthouse

No defenders on the bench and  no strikers on the pitch.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

Does anyone else get the feeling that Slav is just throwing players in positions at this point? Even if we win, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or rhythm. That being said, acknowledging that Fonte and Kamara do nothing up front is a positive start in the right direction. I think Kebano is getting shafted. 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Mince n Tatties

What was the point in loaning someone like Soares when he was injured,and what Ive seen of him he isn't much up to it...This club has a lot to sort out over the winter.

davew

Looks a great team selection, except the front 3, what front 3??? How on earth does he pick Ojo and Ayite? Only good thing for me is that Fonte has been dropped, not sure why he is even on the bench! We might score from a free kick or God knows even from a penalty, but can't see any other way with this team selection. I was hoping that De La Torre and Edun would start.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 21, 2017, 07:10:40 PM
No defenders on the bench and  no strikers on the pitch.  :005:
Great thinking eh, perhaps this is Joka's Plan B, if so maybe we should go back to Plan A!

davew

SuffolkWhite

Ahaaaa he's dropped the 433 to go back to the 4231, you know what we won games last season without a striker in this formation.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

PokerMatt

Putting my seatbelt on for this opinion...

Weren't we looking better when Ojo was playing earlier in the season? He wasted chances, sure, but he's the fastest and most direct attacker we have and he created chances with his running. Closest thing we've got to filling the Aluko void and I for one am glad he's back.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 21, 2017, 07:19:53 PM

Weren't we looking better when Ojo was playing earlier in the season? He wasted chances, sure, but he's the fastest and most direct attacker we have and he created chances with his running. Closest thing we've got to filling the Aluko void and I for one am glad he's back.

Was thinking the same thing. Perhaps an Ojo/Kebano pairing would have enough direct attacking threat and goal scoring opportunities to actually win a game?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 21, 2017, 07:19:53 PM

Agree.

RaySmith

Ayite was one of our better forwards on Saturday, and I think OJo can take defenders on, provide crosses and get shots on target himself.

Ojo on one wing, Sess on the other, maybe Fredericks staying back more.

Woolly Mammoth

That just maybe a very cunning plan.
I shall stick my neck out, and put my impeccable reputation on the line, and say Fulham will not lose.
In fact I shall forecast a 3 1 victory for the mighty whites.
Now I need a large dark rum please.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.