Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

grandad

Quote from: HatterDon on November 21, 2017, 10:22:48 PM
Sess keeps starting!  :wow:

But he started in the right position tonight. He should never play left back again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cmg

Ryan shows that the efforts of the Coombe Boy's School Maths Department
were not in vain.

Fulham 442

toshes mate

When the team fires, as it did last season, it doesn't matter what position you play young Sess.  The team is starting to fire and the young man likes it that way, as three goals demonstrates.

Twig

I think it does matter what position Sess is played in.  He has great attacking flair but his defensive capabilities are less well developed at this stage in his career.  I much prefer to see him played further forward, which is not to say he won't play LB later in his career.

Fernhurst

To be fair HD the Championship stats relating to individual loss of ball have not reflected kindly on our tender young super kid. Watching matches live this season I have wondered if it was not time to give the lad a rest.
Well done Fulham/ Slav for sticking with the policy of getting games under his belt, watched the highlights from last night six times and each of our wonder kid strikes are just sumptuous, it's magnificent to watch him blossom.
Could not manage without my fix of FulhamFCTV so get to watch highlights of our groups coming through and can honestly say our club has never been in a healthier position but for a bit more quality required at first team level.

COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

The development of young players is rarely a straight-line graph. Some variations in form are to be expected. It's not just the football skills that are changing at that age, there are many other matters to be dealt with.

We are fortunate to have, in Ryan and Ojo two of the best (at least according to the national selectors!) English left and right wide men in their age groups; one a European Championship winner, the other a World Cup winner. That either may occasionally disappoint the most demanding fans is, at their age, to be expected.

Ryan played left wing for England u19 last season (two years above his actual age group!) but was at LB in the more recent matches, mainly because the outstanding Jay Dasilva, a better LB than Ryan at present imo, is now too old for this age group.

filham

Quote from: Twig on November 22, 2017, 09:25:10 AM
I think it does matter what position Sess is played in.  He has great attacking flair but his defensive capabilities are less well developed at this stage in his career.  I much prefer to see him played further forward, which is not to say he won't play LB later in his career.
If his defensive capabilities are not well developed at this stage then it is not the best thing for the team to continually play him at left back when better options are available for that position.