News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A few extra observations from last night...

Started by General, November 22, 2017, 03:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Which perhaps haven't seen many headlines or notable comments re since the match...

1 aboubakar Kamara scored a dissallowed goal and set up one..

Fonte assisted a goal too.

RaySmith

kamara looked on fire when he came on, determined to score, and set he one up.

Marcel_Gecov

I have a feeling that Kamara might well come through and prove to be a really decent player for us. His raw talent is there, he has all the materials to make him successful. I just hope he remains confident and pushes himself to aceheive with Fulham.

filham

I can see the shortcomings in Kamara but his attitude and effort is magnificent. We do need him as he offers something quite different to our attack.

colinwhite

Kamara is plan B. Been thinking that for a while!

JoelH5

Might get slated for this but... I was delighted to see him waste time by kicking the ball away.

That's exactly what we need. Every other team 'plays the game' and now we finally do too! :)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

mrmicawbers

It's funny but a few other fans Forums have mentioned our time wasting.How very dare they.

grandad

What a strike from AK47 near the end. It was not a foul by him but the defender tried to block him off . If anything it was a foul by the defender which the ref should have allowed play to go on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Carborundum

Quote from: Statto on November 22, 2017, 06:31:21 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 22, 2017, 04:15:58 PM
I have a feeling that Kamara might well come through and prove to be a really decent player for us. His raw talent is there, he has all the materials to make him successful. I just hope he remains confident and pushes himself to aceheive with Fulham.

Quote from: filham on November 22, 2017, 06:00:38 PM
I can see the shortcomings in Kamara but his attitude and effort is magnificent. We do need him as he offers something quite different to our attack.

+1 +1
+2 +2

Bill2

My observations from the highlights are I thought AK was fouled and will check the full 90 tomorrow not the other way round so his goal should have stood. Also how did the ref not give a penalty for the foul onTom C in the dying minutes yesterday. Have watched several times and he is blatantly pushed in the back. What do the opposition have to do for us to get a penalty?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Bill2 on November 22, 2017, 07:39:31 PM
My observations from the highlights are I thought AK was fouled and will check the full 90 tomorrow not the other way round so his goal should have stood. Also how did the ref not give a penalty for the foul onTom C in the dying minutes yesterday. Have watched several times and he is blatantly pushed in the back. What do the opposition have to do for us to get a penalty?

This is from the club website

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/22/tom-cairney-heart-attack-material

TC: Heart-Attack Material
Wednesday 22 November 2017 16:42
Tom Cairney believes Tuesday's victory could hold some real significance in the context of Fulham's season.

The Whites came out on top from an end-to-end game to secure a confidence boosting three points against high-flying Sheffield United, much to the relief of a breathless Cairney.

"I think the game was a bit heart-attack material if you were involved in it, but it was a great one for the neutral that will get shown for years," he said after the match. "It was pleasing to be playing, and to get my first win since I've been back was nice.

"We knew it would be tough, they're near the top of the league so we knew they'd fly out of the blocks, but we knew we'd also create chances like we always do. In a weird way, I think there were more goals than chances, if that makes sense.

"I felt like anyone could score when they went forward, it felt like Under-10s football at times! It was hard on the lungs and the legs.

"I'm still trying to get my match fitness, but 90 minutes like that and breaks at the end trying to take it into the corner will only stand me in good stead.

"I think you need nights like this sometimes to kickstart a season, and we have to go and back it up on Saturday with three points against Millwall. We're confident we can do that.

"Millwall's always going to be a tough game, a London derby, and if we can attack like we did in this match then I'm sure we'll score goals."

Ryan Sessegnon stole the headlines with a first professional hat-trick on what was his 50th appearance for the Club.

"Scoring a hat-trick at 17, that's taking the mick a little bit isn't it?" Cairney joked. "I'm delighted for him, he's dealing with the pressure unbelievably.

"He played a lot last season, he played all summer, he's come back and he's played every game this season, so it's a credit to him how he's dealing with things and to get a hat-trick just sums him up."

Towards the end of the game, Cairney put in a real captain's performance, notably clearing off the line from James Hanson, and then brilliantly running down the clock with a series of dribbles in stoppage time.

Of the decisive clearance, Cairney said: "I always get told to clear the box to catch people offside, but I saw the big Hanson at the back stick on his own and I just thought, 'I've got to stay and help.'

"It turned out to be the correct decision, it was a right foot swinger and I managed to clear it off the line.

"I could have won a penalty right at the end because I cut across the defender, but I don't think the ref was ever going to give it because me and him were bickering all night!"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 22, 2017, 06:20:29 PM
It's funny but a few other fans Forums have mentioned our time wasting.How very dare they.

I think you have misunderstood.
I think what they meant was, " it's a waste of time watching their team when they play Fulham ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 22, 2017, 04:15:58 PM

I agree, he has some good attributes like heart, a lot of skill (more than he's given credit for), pace, bullying ability, positional sense and his disallowed finish was up there with Kasami
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 22, 2017, 06:00:38 PM

If we are to get off to the best possible start, and ensure we have a good opening 45 minutes. I would pick Kamara ahead of Fonte against Millwall on Saturday that is most definate.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

How far into this game was this strike? I havent seen it I dont think.

ffc2004

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 23, 2017, 01:40:47 PM

It's shown on the highlights on the offal

grandad

It was near the end just before the Cairney "penalty"
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deeping_white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 23, 2017, 01:40:47 PM

Skip to 84 mins.

Baszab

I was behind the goal he hit it so hard I couldn't see it in flight - one moment he was on the right about to shoot then it was in the goal !!