watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On to Millwall then

Started by Wearethewhites, November 22, 2017, 07:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Completely different side to Sheff Utd, but, as we know all to well, this is a home game, so anything can happen.

Millwall, are another side, who, a bit like Bolton, will cause us problems. They're not great, but, have a manager who'll get them fired up, and they'll be well organised.

For me, our pace should be to much for them, they've players like Hutchison and Tunicliffe in their side, but, if they're allowed to bully us, then, we all know what will happen.

What do you think we need to be doing in the game to win it, and how should Slavisa be setting up his side ?

Riversider

Sessegnon, Kamara and Ojo as the front 3, Millwall are a hard working side, but nothing more than that, they have next to no pace in their side whatsoever, our front 3 should terrorise them,
Much as I said before the Bolton game, this is a big game for Jokanovic, our home form under him has been abysmal and it's time that corner was turned starting this Saturday,
Defeat or a draw will be very hard to defend on here Saturday night, confidence must be very high now so let's carry it on to Saturday
COYSW

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on November 22, 2017, 08:34:01 PM
Sessegnon, Kamara and Ojo as the front 3, Millwall are a hard working side, but nothing more than that, they have next to no pace in their side whatsoever, our front 3 should terrorise them,
Much as I said before the Bolton game, this is a big game for Jokanovic, our home form under him has been abysmal and it's time that corner was turned starting this Saturday,
Defeat or a draw will be very hard to defend on here Saturday night, confidence must be very high now so let's carry it on to Saturday
COYSW

They are the three I would like to see start. We have to be ruthless on Saturday, start at a high tempo. No slow passing sideways tippy tappy nonsense, and slow build up, that has only just won us one game at home all season.
They will want us and expect us to play that way to buy them time to tuck in, funnel back and have two solid banks of four. Whilst we waste time passing back and sideways.
It's time we have a winning result at home, and after last night, we should have the confidence and appetite to put them to the sword in the first half.
Our players have pace to burn and more.  Then we keep our boot firmly on their neck in the second half. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Hutchison and Tunnicliffe, I am sure I have come across their names before somewhere??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Matt10

We need to keep playing as direct as we've been vs Derby and Sheff Utd. Less of the pretty stuff past the halfway mark, and more getting the feet to our players up top. Would love to see Sess and Ojo bag a couple more.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on November 22, 2017, 11:39:39 PM
We need to keep playing as direct as we've been vs Derby and Sheff Utd. Less of the pretty stuff past the halfway mark, and more getting the feet to our players up top. Would love to see Sess and Ojo bag a couple more.
Agree with that, but will they be picked, if they aren't Joka will come under more pressure on here!!

Woolly Mammoth

Sess and Ojo have to start, and I would throw in Kamara ahead of Fonte, if Ayite has hamstring trouble. In fact I would be tempted to do it anyway. They won't like having to handle a rampant Kamara, as opposed to Fonte who I don't think it's the sort of match he would make an impact.
Perhaps when legs are tired Fonte could have a go in the last 20 mins, but for me I can see Kamara along with Sess and Ojo doing far more damage in the opening half. 

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on November 22, 2017, 11:12:04 PM
Hutchison and Tunnicliffe, I am sure I have come across their names before somewhere??

Wasnt that a police series on tv in the 70s, although I thought one of them was called Starsky.

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

I think Fonte deserves more of a chance.
If the team starts winning that may help him to find his best role.

But I think Kamara  maybe deserves a start on Saturday - he's looked hungry, and effective with his pace and strength in his last two games as sub - specially last Tuesday.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope between Kebano, Kamara, Fonte, Sess, Ojo and Ayite, whoever starts or whoever finishes, we have enough pace, power, guile and tenacity to breach the Millwall defence, whilst keeping them quiet up the other end.

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Players with that much vaunted 'Championship experience' that weren't good enough for us.

filham

Quote from: Keynsham on November 23, 2017, 09:54:10 AM

Players with that much vaunted 'Championship experience' that weren't good enough for us.
You can be sure that they will be inspired by a return to the Cottage and will play the game of their lives.

hovewhite

Would like to think 3pionts for us,but you never know with our performance from 1 game to the next.

Keynsham

Quote from: filham on November 23, 2017, 12:03:57 PM

You can be sure that they will be inspired by a return to the Cottage and will play the game of their lives.

Undoubtedly!

But they still aren't good enough, despite their experience.   :dft012:

Snibbo

081.gif

Firm of solicitors ain't they?

grandad

After the wonder strike near the end which for some obscure reason was disallowed, I would start AK47. He is hungry to score. Fonte works hard in a Bryan Ruiz sort of way but doesn´t seem to have the ability to shoot.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

That's what I thought!!!!!

aaronmcguigan

the past is an ideal place to keep anything related to 2014

terryr

Currently sit 18
Last 5 fixtures:
Draw with Cardiff 0-0. Cardiff sit 2nd
Loss to Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 -Wednesday sit11th
Loss to Burton 0-1-Burton sits 22nd
Draw with Sunderland 2-2-Sunderland sits 24th
Draw with Hull City 0-0-Hull sits 20th
2red cards from the last 5 games

So what does everyone reckon?

Fulham v Millwall

Fernhurst

1-1

Nah........... comfortable win 3 or 4 nil
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.