more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (23/11/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 23, 2017, 06:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Woodrow admits he faces uncertain future

Cauley Woodrow has admitted his time with Fulham has been full of frustration and a lack of opportunities – and might be at an end.

The striker, who played for the Whites in the Premier League in 2014, looked set for a great career at Craven Cottage, but has been sent out on loan to Southend and Burton Albion since then, and is now on loan at Championship rivals Bristol City until the end of the season.

He will be out of contract next summer – four years after his debut for the Cottagers, during which time he has made only 54 appearances, scoring eight times.

"I'm open-minded about the future," Woodrow told West London Sport.

"I'm focused now on Bristol City and what will be, will be, at the end of the season.

"I'm still contracted to Fulham until the end of the season, but if I could stay here [in Bristol] and that was an option, then I'd obviously look into that.

"I'm not sure if I'll be at Fulham next season. I've not had any contact with anyone at the club.

"I speak to a few of the lads, but none of the staff. I don't really know whether anyone's coming to watch me. No-one's told me of anyone coming down."

He added: "I haven't really been given an opportunity at Fulham since I started playing, and haven't played regularly in games.

"I've played one game, or come off the bench, and I feel I've never really been given an opportunity in a long run of games."

Woodrow has also found it hard to make an early impression at Ashton Gate.

Competition for a starting place is stiff and he made only his sixth appearance in last Saturday's home defeat by Leeds United.

"It hasn't been easy," he said. "I've only had two starts so far and there's a lot of competition for places.

"But I feel good about my form. I've scored a goal in one of my starts and can't do much more.

"I just want to play as many games as I can, score some goals and we'll see what the future holds.

"I'm not really thinking too much about a year's time or whatever. I'm just focusing on now and if I keep doing well, it'll put me in a good position at the end of the season.

"I made my debut quite young, so people think I've been around a long while, but really I haven't at all.

"I'm still only 22 and learning my trade and hopefully it will work out well."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-news-fulham-bristol-city-cauley-woodrow-future-311017

WhiteJC

Liverpool loanee Sheyi Ojo believes Sheffield United performance was his best in a Fulham shirt

The 20-year-old scored twice and assisted Ryan Sessegnon in a crazy end-to-end game at Bramble Lane

Sheyi Ojo believes the crazy 5-4 game at Sheffield United was his best performance in a Fulham shirt so far this season, but the best is yet to come.

The Liverpool loanee scored twice in one of the most bizarre games in history, as Ryan Sessegnon and United's Leon Clarke both score hat-tricks as Slavisa Jokanovic's side came out on top at Bramall Lane

The 20-year-old was making his first appearance since dislocating his shoulder in the 2-1 victory over QPR at the end of September, coincidentally the last time the Whites won, and he produced two goals and an assist in a comeback he could've only dreamed of before hand.

And now Ojo is looking forward to kicking on at the club and getting as many wins as possible under his belt.

He said: "It was a crazy game from minute one to be honest, we started slow and they got the first goal and luckily I was able to latch onto the mistake and get us back into the game.

"Sess with the second goal got us that lead and then like I said, it was an up and down game and in the end we were lucky to get the three points.

"Yeah [it was my best game] in terms of end product, I got two goals so it was positive to get them and I just want to be enjoying my football and playing as much as I can.

"I haven't really been able to do that since being at Fulham because of my injury but I'm just looking forward to the upcoming games, I worked really hard to get back fit and get get back earlier and now I'm just ready, like the team, to kick on and get as much wins and positive performances as possible."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-loanee-sheyi-ojo-believes-13936407

WhiteJC

Fulham's hat-trick hero could attract further Spurs interest in January

Fulham attacker Ryan Sessegnon could receive further interest from long-time admirers Tottenham Hotspur during the January transfer window after netting a first career hat-trick in his club's 5-4 victory over Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Tuesday evening.

The 17-year-old Roehampton born star who has quickly converted from a left-back to playing his football much higher up the park has been likened to Real Madrid star Gareth Bale since making his senior debut for Fulham in August 2016.

On his 50th first team appearance for The Whites, the youngster lit up Bramall Lane by grabbing a treble in a crazy match as Fulham upset the odds to beat in-form Sheffield United. Sessegnon's performance will have had many scouts purring over the player's talents and it would be no surprise to see Spurs make a bid for the youngster in the January transfer window.

The North Londoners are believed to have watched Sessegnon for a number of months and they tried to sign the player in the summer although the Fulham academy graduate instead opted to sign a professional deal at Craven Cottage.

The Sun have reported that Spurs could offer a sizeable transfer fee for the player next summer however Sessegnon's impressive performances this season, most notably on Tuesday evening could see the club make another approach in January.

As well as the interest from Spurs, fellow English Premier League title rivals Liverpool and Manchester United are also thought to be admirers of the player.

http://the72.co.uk/93921/fulhams-hat-trick-hero-attract-spurs-interest-january/

WhiteJC

Ojo revels in sensational Fulham return
by Dan on November 22, 2017

Sheyi Ojo was delighted with his earlier than expected to return to the Fulham side at Sheffield United last night – and described his sensational display in the Whites 5-4 win at Bramall Lane as his best since joining on loan from Liverpool in August.

The England Under-20 World Cup winner, who has been sidelined since dislocating his shoulder at Loftus Road in September, had returned to training at Motspur Park ahead of schedule and was thrown straight in by Slavisa Jokanovic at in-form Sheffield United last night. Ojo, operating as a false nine in place of the benched Rui Fonte and Aboubakar Kamara, repaid his manager's faith with an oustanding performance full of pace and power as he scored twice and created another for Ryan Sessegnon in a nine-goal thriller.

Speaking to GetWestLondon's Ryan O'Donovan after the final whistle, the delighted forward said he was happy to take his chance, especially after a glaring mistake from Cameron Carter-Vickers gave Ojo a glorious opportunity to help Fulham back into the game after they went behind early.

It was a crazy game from minute one to be honest, we started slow and they got the first goal and luckily I was able to latch onto the mistake and get us back into the game. Sess with the second goal got us that lead and then like I said, it was an up and down game and in the end we were lucky to get the three points.

It was my best game in terms of end product, I got two goals so it was positive to get them and I just want to be enjoying my football and playing as much as I can. I haven't really been able to do that since being at Fulham because of my injury but I'm just looking forward to the upcoming games, I worked really hard to get back fit and get get back earlier and now I'm just ready, like the team, to kick on and get as much wins and positive performances as possible.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/11/ojo-revels-in-sensational-fulham-return/

RaySmith

I feel sorry for Cauley, with an uncertain future at Fulham, and generally - he seemed such a prospect a couple of years ago. Shows how competitive it is to succeed in football at this level.

While Ojo is the opposite side of the coin at the moment, though also a loanee. But well done to him for his brilliant, match turning display for us on Tuesday, and I'm sure there is more to come from this brilliant prospect at Fulham.

Woolly Mammoth

Cauley could have done a decent job for us this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I don't buy that. He's not getting a regular place a Bristol City how would he be good enough for us? The amount of players that fall by the wayside is high so you have to say that he has managed to scratch a living in professional football so far and I think at a league lower he may still do. I doubt we will see him at a higher level any time soon

General

regardless of people's views of cauley - he has always been able to add something to the game and/or score goals. yes, he doesn't score as frequently as people'd like but give him enough chances, or opportunities he does score and create goals.

He's right he hasn't had a proper run of games to progress. I've always been a fan of his and remain so - I believe he needs to be at a club where he can get that key games time, especially at his age and then he will find his feet and really kick on.

A player I admire a lot.

hovewhite

I watched his debut v newcastle but when hes played since dont think hes showed improvment,know he wants to do well and thats a diffrent matter but ability he hasnt done enough.

BestOfBrede

He reminds me of 'Dixie' Dean Coney in that he gives 100% but doesn't score enough, or what we deem to be enough, for a striker.
Good lad, reasonable striker but just missing that 'something' required?

General

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 23, 2017, 07:03:39 PM
He reminds me of 'Dixie' Dean Coney in that he gives 100% but doesn't score enough, or what we deem to be enough, for a striker.
Good lad, reasonable striker but just missing that 'something' required?

Reminds me of Clint Dempsey before he started to score goals... always took a heavy touch and seemed a yard off the pace.. lacked that 'something' too... ever since though i've been convinced that 'something' can be found with hard work - Cauley has that willingness to work hard. I hope he continues to work hard. One day it'll click for him and he'll thoroughly deserve it when it does all come together.

aaronmcguigan

I think regardless of Cauleys contract situation , and current form, to have an employee employed by the club, out on loan and completely ignored, no staff talking to him, no one coming to watch him, all reeks of a bit of weak management.

He belongs to Fulham, and not keeping up to date on how he's getting on, or staying in touch with him re his development etc is just throwing money down the drain as well as not encouraging further development and therefore chance of contract extension or if needs be; maximising a transfer fee.

It seems like they're moving a problem along so they can have another problem further down the line... then replace him with Fonte......

filham

Quote from: General on November 23, 2017, 06:33:50 PM
regardless of people's views of cauley - he has always been able to add something to the game and/or score goals. yes, he doesn't score as frequently as people'd like but give him enough chances, or opportunities he does score and create goals.

He's right he hasn't had a proper run of games to progress. I've always been a fan of his and remain so - I believe he needs to be at a club where he can get that key games time, especially at his age and then he will find his feet and really kick on.

A player I admire a lot.
I agree with all you say General but I don't think Joconovic rates him and I doubt we will eversee him in a Fulham shirt again.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 23, 2017, 07:01:47 AM

Fulham's hat-trick hero could attract further Spurs interest in January

Fulham attacker Ryan Sessegnon could receive further interest from long-time admirers Tottenham Hotspur during the January transfer window after netting a first career hat-trick in his club's 5-4 victory over Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Tuesday evening.

The 17-year-old Roehampton born star who has quickly converted from a left-back to playing his football much higher up the park has been likened to Real Madrid star Gareth Bale since making his senior debut for Fulham in August 2016.

On his 50th first team appearance for The Whites, the youngster lit up Bramall Lane by grabbing a treble in a crazy match as Fulham upset the odds to beat in-form Sheffield United. Sessegnon's performance will have had many scouts purring over the player's talents and it would be no surprise to see Spurs make a bid for the youngster in the January transfer window.

The North Londoners are believed to have watched Sessegnon for a number of months and they tried to sign the player in the summer although the Fulham academy graduate instead opted to sign a professional deal at Craven Cottage.

The Sun have reported that Spurs could offer a sizeable transfer fee for the player next summer however Sessegnon's impressive performances this season, most notably on Tuesday evening could see the club make another approach in January.

As well as the interest from Spurs, fellow English Premier League title rivals Liverpool and Manchester United are also thought to be admirers of the player.

http://the72.co.uk/93921/fulhams-hat-trick-hero-attract-spurs-interest-january/

Well done young Ryan & thank you

Thanks too to your bro

Both loyally staying with us (for the moment) & continuing your excellent development, experience & careers

No harm in your latest performance adding another £10m - £20m to any transfer fee from Spuds, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc

Just remember guys that you will probably never, ever have a happier time @ ANY other club

Hopefully you have kick started our season so please continue the good work against Millwall 

COYW! 

Chutney

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2017, 09:36:30 AM

Certainly can't do much worse than Kamara or Fonte.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on November 24, 2017, 12:19:37 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2017, 09:36:30 AM

Certainly can't do much worse than Kamara or Fonte.

Exactly 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.