watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Soares

Started by irishfulham, November 23, 2017, 12:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

Don't think I'm spelling his name correctly but new left back where the hell is he!? Injured again?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

He played for the U23 team against Southampton this week and didn't look anything special.
Perhaps you can't tell from Reserve games because Jordan Graham also played and looked a class above the others.

Jonaldiniho 88

Spoke to a coach at the club and he doesn't think he is up to it defensively. All right going forward but too weak for this league. Also said he thinks Slav is proving a point by dropping some players who could easily make the 1st team squad. Nothing that hasn't been reported already.

MikeW

Reference my earlier mail(s) about massive player turnover and the Coach having 'non-favourites', I regret Mr Soares is destined to be a statistic.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on November 23, 2017, 02:09:26 PM
Spoke to a coach at the club and he doesn't think he is up to it defensively. All right going forward but too weak for this league. Also said he thinks Slav is proving a point by dropping some players who could easily make the 1st team squad. Nothing that hasn't been reported already.

That seems to make sense, I agree about him appearing too weak, just like Jozabed, and may explain a lot as to why Soares is out of the picture. We are almost in December now, and I don't think he has had a start yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

What was the idea be it a loan only of getting a guy in who was injured and couldn't play for ages..Hilarious

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 24, 2017, 08:05:35 AM
What was the idea be it a loan only of getting a guy in who was injured and couldn't play for ages..Hilarious

Almost as hilarious as spending 13m on an injured player in Mitroglou when we desperately needed someone to hit the ground running

JoelH5

Why is that coach discussing internal politics with a fan? Think he needs a disciplinary
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 24, 2017, 08:05:35 AM

You couldn't make it up. A bit of a laughing stock.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 24, 2017, 08:32:30 AM
Why is that coach discussing internal politics with a fan? Think he needs a disciplinary

Maybe it was the Coach Driver.  064.gif

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Was he a signing due to that numbskull's box ticking who has now departed the club? Malone should never have been allowed to leave.

Ps I see Ighalo may be coming back to England, I wonder if Slava may sound his old player out for a 6 months contract.... 

092.gif

toshes mate

Quote from: bog on November 24, 2017, 09:17:58 AM
Malone should never have been allowed to leave.
And that is where the lesson - you don't sell players (if it can be at all avoided) who have been instrumental in your success - should end.

The summer window should have been used to strengthen the squad, remedy the need for a striker, and buy players who may prove, in time, to be better than the existing first team choice.  When we start doing that without needing to resort to a tick box shambles then we may have a decent shout about returning to the PL.

The whole nonsense of our recruitment team is one step forward and three back.

Horsfield_No9

Doesn't add up as that means Slav thinks Fonte IS strong enough? He clearly struggles just like Jozabed and Ruiz before him.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Woolly Mammoth

The recruitment team appear to be one step up the evolutionary ladder from a Garden Gnome.
It's all to the detriment of the club.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on November 24, 2017, 09:17:58 AM
Was he a signing due to that numbskull's box ticking who has now departed the club? Malone should never have been allowed to leave.

Ps I see Ighalo may be coming back to England, I wonder if Slava may sound his old player out for a 6 months contract.... 

092.gif

I would not have thought it cold enough to bring Igloos ☃️ over to England, not yet anyway.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 24, 2017, 12:09:53 PM
Doesn't add up as that means Slav thinks Fonte IS strong enough? He clearly struggles just like Jozabed and Ruiz before him.
It does make me wonder as Ruiz made a bigger impact than rui,who is having real problems on a physical level with the only game havin made a real impact was ipswich.I hope and think he can only improve as all these big money buys turn out to be 2bob longterm.

the nutflush

The only part of Ruiz that made an impact on Fulham was his hair.  He was complete rubbish. 

Woolly Mammoth

I never fancied Ruiz, too milky, couldn't tackle a boiled egg or foul a footpath, or head a bus queue. He would have got well sorted out in the Championship. As for Fonte, and any other costly signings. At his price, he should be making an impact straight away, not having to spend half a season fitting in, and it looks as though Soares is another one that fits the mould of a milky player from overseas that doesn't make an impact.
If Cauley Woodrow had scored only the one goal in the amount of games Fonte had played, he would be slaughtered by the self proclaimed purists, who need to remove their blinkers, or at least adjust them.
The recruitment department clearly do not do their homework, and he is just another player that we have been sold a pup. 

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: the nutflush on November 25, 2017, 06:37:56 AM
The only part of Ruiz that made an impact on Fulham was his hair.  He was complete rubbish. 

Completely disagree, I loved watching him at Fulham purely for the moments of magic he could create and the fact he was actually a very good footballer.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 25, 2017, 10:00:04 AM
I never fancied Ruiz, too milky, couldn't tackle a boiled egg or foul a footpath, or head a bus queue. He would have got well sorted out in the Championship. As for Fonte, and any other costly signings. At his price, he should be making an impact straight away, not having to spend half a season fitting in, and it looks as though Soares is another one that fits the mould of a milky player from overseas that doesn't make an impact.
If Cauley Woodrow had scored only the one goal in the amount of games Fonte had played, he would be slaughtered by the self proclaimed purists, who need to remove their blinkers, or at least adjust them.
The recruitment department clearly do not do their homework, and he is just another player that we have been sold a pup. 

Would have got well sorted out in the championship? Except he didn't when he played for us in the championship for 6 months and was one of our best players.. then signed a new 6 month contract just so the club could get money for him, Don't see many players doing something like this ...
STH H3