more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside stand to be retendered

Started by f321ffc, November 24, 2017, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Fulham FC to retender Riverside Stand redevelopment

The construction contract for the redevelopment of Fulham FC's Riverside Stand is being retendered, with Buckingham Group no longer preferred bidder for the project.

The proposed new stand was redesigned by architect Populous, after Fulham's American owner Shahid Khan decided to revisit the existing design.

The previous scheme, designed by KSS Architects and valued at £15m, had Buckingham Group attached as main contractor.

Construction News understands that Buckingham has carried out pre-construction works for the new stand project, but that the construction contract for the revised scheme will now go out to open tender.

A spokesperson for Fulham FC said: "We are going to retender the scheme as a completely new design, but Buckingham is very much one of the bidders we'd like to consider."

The construction timeline is yet to be confirmed, but an enviromental impact assessment scoping report published in September this year said that Fulham FC would seek "partial occupation of the stand for the 2020-21season and full occupation of the new stand for the 2021-22 season".

It also said that construction is currently anticipated to take two-and-a-half years, meaning that construction would have to begin by the start of 2019 in time for handover in August 2021.

Construction will be phased to allow Fulham FC to use Craven Cottage while the project is under way.

Planning permission for the previous scheme was granted in July 2013, but it was redesigned to increase the focus on improving hospitality and non-matchday facilities, as opposed to purely upgrading capacity. The club expects the new scheme will still be consistent with the approved planning permission.

The new design will still increase the overall capacity of Craven Cottage by 4,300 to around 30,000.

It will also see the stand's roof rise higher than in the original plans, as well as adding approximately 4,500 sq m of extra floorspace compared to the previous design.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/markets/sectors/leisure/fulham-fc-to-retender-riverside-stand-redevelopment/10025614.article?blocktitle=News&contentID=14653
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

The construction timeline is yet to be confirmed, but an enviromental impact assessment scoping report published in September this year said that Fulham FC would seek "partial occupation of the stand for the 2020-21season and full occupation of the new stand for the 2021-22 season".

It also said that construction is currently anticipated to take two-and-a-half years, meaning that construction would have to begin by the start of 2019 in time for handover in August 2021.
Where there's a will there's a wife

f321ffc

Quote from: Statto on November 24, 2017, 02:14:56 PM
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find...
0001.jpeg
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

hovewhite

This will go on and on also will run and run,yawn!

Twig

I remember a cartoon film my kids liked "the never ending story", 'nuff said.

Lighthouse

Quote from: f321ffc on November 24, 2017, 02:39:10 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 24, 2017, 02:14:56 PM
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find...
0001.jpeg

I still have the record on vinyl. Who would have thought it would still make sense now.  :HD:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope