watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PL2 vs Newcastle

Started by grandad, November 24, 2017, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Just watched the game, Won 3-0. We were a class above Newcastle. Difficult to pick out individuals as there were no close ups. Our No.10 scored 2. Think it was Humphries
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Was Elstone who got the double. Humphrys is still injured
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

Thanks Mike. Most impressed with the team.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

Interesting line up, this lot all not in the u23 squad, having a rest or up to the seniors?

Magnus Norman
Marcelo Djalo
Matt ORiley
Luca De La Torre
Kwietniewski
Jordan Graham
Tayo Edun
Matt Kait

Anyone know why Michael Madl isn't playing any reserve football either ?

hovewhite

Madl has become in the words of the queen song,the invisible man!

Woolly Mammoth

Unless he is injured which I am not aware he is. Why is Madl not getting match time elsewhere if he is not even making the first team bench. He is not that bad a player, and I would have thought he would be on the bench if he is fit enough, and if he isn't fit enough, why is that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

longleigh10

watched the game to. don't understand the reasoning of not starting players who are in good form. how demoralising. specially for the younger ones, how they supposed to develop? eg. Thompson is still a sub and got 10 mins. yet others who haven't proved themselves are in the starting 11?? makes no sense to me. if there aren't enough spots, send more players out on loan so they get more play time.  going by that list there's nearly a whole squad waiting to play at that level and above - far too many players not progressing IMHO
I support the up & coming youths of today

MikeW

The Madl absence is a mystery I've queried before.  It's so long since we've seen him almost forgotten what his strengths and weaknesses are / were.  As others say, the selection for this game was a little odd but comfort that we won 3-0.  There really does appear to be a lot of talent sprouting through the academy.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bill taylors apprentice

I've seen Madl a couple of times on home match days parking his car in a side road off Putney High St about 1 pm.

Not in club gear, looked happy so maybe he's off to the Spotted Horse before taking his seat at CC

DevonFFC

He is a huge part of the social aspect of the players always out and about with Piazon, McDonald, cairney and Betts on social media so it cannot be bothering him that much.

Woolly Mammoth

If that's the case, then Madl should be taken out of his comfort zone, and made to put in a shift somewhere, even it's rolling the pitch or if not moved on, as it's a waste of a salary.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.