https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2017, 12:05:13 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on November 29, 2017, 07:58:49 AM
There is a cap on players over 28 unless Tony Khan overrides it, which means there is really no cap.  What it means is that our policy to to target players under 28 who will continue to have value, which seems sensible to me.  If Slav is very keen to get a 29 or 30 year old player and the other terms are right, I would expect Tony ?Khan to Support this.  I am happy that this would be by exception rather than the rule.   An aging expensive to run squad was one of the main reasons for our downfall.

You miss the point. Obsession with a sell on value will not see us progress.
The main reason we went down was Magath, any half decent manager would have had enough time and matches to save us.
Try and forget this obsession with age for five minutes. A player or players say 30 or there abouts come in, say a centre back, striker or keeper for example on a limited contract even, and their performances and the strikers goals contribute to get us into the Premier, then it's job done, Millions will come into the club anyway and it's job done.
Because the current policy that you support is not working and never will.
How many of these players you talk about having a sell on value have made the team, the ones that have are loaners. What have they contributed that a better 30 year old proven player could not do. It's lack of experience that's holding us back.
We will probably take a big hit when trying to sell players who have failed and we will take a financial loss.
By having these ridiculous policies introduced by non footballing people only interested in sustainability as opposed to ambition will cost this club money and our best players who will leave one way or another, so we end up worse off on and off the field of play.
They couldn't run a bath. They would just let it over flow.
Both Fonte and Kamara for example are worth less now, than when we bought them.
You couldn't make it up.

Surely if they let it over flow then they have actually run the bath (Sorry)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Quote from: F(f)CUK on November 30, 2017, 11:53:57 AM
A Greek friend alerted me to the following article relating to the AEK Athens goalkeeper Anestis:

http://www.contra.gr/Columns/contra-epithesi/greece/to-mpasimo-ths-foulam-gia-anesth-h-epistrofh-milivogevits-kai-ta-70-xiliarika-gia-lamproy.4962613.html

My friend is an AEK supporter and said that he would not be too upset to see the keeper leave.  The keeper appears to be angling for a UK move as he has recently signed with an English agent.  He is refusing to sign an extension to his current contract.  AEK is currently top of the Greek league and managed two 0-0 draws against AC Milan.

How much does a Greek keeper urn?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

F(f)CUK

I understand that he flaps at crosses...so just what we need.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 12, 2017, 06:37:38 PM
There is a cap on players over 28 unless Tony Khan overrides it, which means there is really no cap.  What it means is that our policy to to target players under 28 who will continue to have value, which seems sensible to me.  If Slav is very keen to get a 29 or 30 year old player and the other terms are right, I would expect Tony ?Khan to Support this.  I am happy that this would be by exception rather than the rule.   An aging expensive to run squad was one of the main reasons for our downfall.

The main reason we went down was Magath, any half decent manager would have had enough time and matches to save us.
Try and forget this obsession with age for five minutes. A player or players say 30 or there abouts come in, say a centre back, striker or keeper for example on a limited contract even, and their performances and the strikers goals contribute to get us into the Premier, then it's job done, Millions will come into the club anyway and it's job done.
How many of these players you talk about having a sell on value have made the team, the ones that have are loaners. What have they contributed that a better 30 year old proven player could not do. It's lack of experience that's holding us back.
We will probably take a big hit when trying to sell players who have failed and we will take a financial loss.
By having these ridiculous policies introduced by non footballing people only interested in sustainability as opposed to ambition will cost this club money and our best players who will leave one way or another, so we end up worse off on and off the field of play.
You couldn't make it up.

Surely if they let it over flow then they have actually run the bath (Sorry)

No need to apologise.
Running a bath of water does not qualify as a success. It's like taking a shot at goal that's on target, but the keeper saves it, therefore, it does not constitute a goal.
The ball has to hit the back of the onion bag.
There is a good way of running a bath, then there is the wrong way, for example, too hot or too cold.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

You couldn't make it up.

I am talking about club policy, they are not my rules but the ones the guys who pay the bills use.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 12, 2017, 10:08:10 PM

You couldn't make it up.

I am talking about club policy, they are not my rules but the ones the guys who pay the bills use.

That's fine, then the club policy is a laughing stock.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Can I suggest Leigh Griffiths at Celtic, apparently had a fallout with Brendan Rodgers and scores plenty.

Fernhurst

Celtic 68 games unbeaten. ...... it's like a street 5 a side league... what the ? have Roberts and Dembele got themselves into?
Plenty of shooting practice with very little to add to their education in intense matches.

Griffiths is another on the small side, where it would appear the gaffer prefers a burly specimen up top.

Go for Sako, Super Mac would love to team up with him again.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 13, 2017, 08:38:00 AM
Celtic 68 games unbeaten. ...... it's like a street 5 a side league... what the ? have Roberts and Dembele got themselves into?
Plenty of shooting practice with very little to add to their education in intense matches.

Griffiths is another on the small side, where it would appear the gaffer prefers a burly specimen up top.

Go for Sako, Super Mac would love to team up with him again.

I couldn't agree more 👍

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 12, 2017, 10:08:10 PM
Are you acting as the owners' spokesperson or as just another contributor to these threads who thinks they know exactly how Fulham go about their football business? 

You have stated on here about the box ticking, the vetoes, the alleged influences that SJ, CK, TK, BT, AM, SK etc have, and how it all works logically and, perhaps even wonderfully, except when it comes to looking at the evidence of last season compared to this.

Even with Kline allegedly gone forever what and where is your evidence that things will get better?

Would it be better to wait and see how the January window works out with all of us bystanders paying particular attention to who goes, who stays, and who comes in? 

Should we keep stum about Club policy that has starved us of success ever since the Khans arrived because we don't want to upset them into believing we are ungrateful?

Should we just pray that the right people take the flak for the mistakes this Club makes rather than point fingers at the likely perpetrators?

Should we just watch the Club count the notes and cry into our watered down beers rather than suggest the Club could do better simply by some people just getting off of their asses and trying harder?

hovewhite

So no gossip about whos signing.yawn

Riversider

We were linked with Bradley Dack at one time whilst he was at Gillingscum,  he moved to Blackburn in the summer and is having a great season, already scored 8 times from midfield and still only 23, we certainly need cover in midfield, and a young lad that scores would be a bonus.

FulhamStu

Quote from: toshes mate on December 13, 2017, 09:30:39 AM
[quotefff author=FulhamStu link=topic=62667.msg917957#msg917957 date=1513116490]
I am talking about club policy, they are not my rules but the ones the guys who pay the bills use.de
Are you acting as the owners' spokesperson or as just another contributor to these threads who thinks they know exactly how Fulham go about their football business? 

You have stated on here about the box ticking, the vetoes, the alleged influences that SJ, CK, TK, BT, AM, SK etc have, and how it all works logically and, perhaps even wonderfully, except when it comes to looking at the evidence of last season compared to this.

Even with Kline allegedly gone forever what and where is your evidence that things will get better?

Would it be better to wait and see how the January window works out with all of us bystanders paying particular attention to who goes, who stays, and who comes in? 

Should we keep stum about Club policy that has starved us of success ever since the Khans arrived because we don't want to upset them into believing we are ungrateful?

Should we just pray that the right people take the flak for the mistakes this Club makes rather than point fingers at the likely perpetrators?

Should we just watch the Club count the notes and cry into our watered down beers rather than suggest the Club could do better simply by some people just getting off of their asses and trying harder?
[/quote]

I have never said everything is perfect and all the club does is great or anything like it.  I have stated many times that many many mistakes have been made by Khan however I feel he was sold a pup.  I have listened to what has been said by the club, by Tony Khan, Alistair Mackintosh via the Fulham Supporters Trust and directly, I have met Shahid  Khan and Mackintosh briefly once and I have just repeated it, especially in regard to the transfer policy.  You or anyone can chose to believe what has been said or not, that's up to you.

I am critical of many things with our recent transfers including not signing player required last winter, poor buys like Fonte in the summer, not buying a centre half etc etc etc.  I felt nearly all of Khans management appointments were wrong until Slav and I am very dissapointed he has not spent more on the team.  I have regularly posted these views.

Unlike some, I will however give credit where I feel it's warranted, I felt we did well the summer before last, we had success last year getting to the play offs playing great football, we did well to sign Cairney and Sess on long contracts, think how much potential money we would have lost is Sess had walked !

Having said all that, yes I can see the logic in our transfer policy, stats are used as another tool to identify players, as is Scouting, this is done by most clubs now. Clearly Kline was a looney and I am glad he has gone.  Managers or Head Coaches come and go so regularly now that giving a manager the cheque book would not be my way if I owned the club.  Like everything Football is judged on the teams results.  This year so far, it's not good enough.  Am I confident the club will do what it needs to do in January, no I am not.

So you see I am not a bleeding club stooge or what ever else you called me, I am a passionate long suffering Fulham fan who has seen more relegations than promotions, no real trophy in 50 years but I try and remain as positive as I can for my own sanity !

Woolly Mammoth

Well we will only have to wait approximately 48 more days, until the 31st January 2018 to realise that another window has gone, and the Owners Wallet is still intact and resting in a sling.

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

See comments from the most recent FST meeting held last week.  Slav is very much involved in transfers for this Jan.   Player targets have been identified, will they happen...hmmm ??

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 14, 2017, 11:57:21 AM
See comments from the most recent FST meeting held last week.  Slav is very much involved in transfers for this Jan.   Player targets have been identified, will they happen...hmmm ??
I so very much want to be optimistic, but I just don't buy into what club officials say in FST meetings.
They have never been held accountable for previous mistruths.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 14, 2017, 11:57:21 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.  Thus far the Khan's have only spent what they have received in transfers out, so unless they are planning to sell one of our better players I do not anticipate much in the way of new signings.  A free or a loan maybe?

filham

In the last window we didn't really bring anyone in who was better than anyone we already had, instead we just bought cover for some positions.

Wouldn't it be good to see a player come in who takes over the striker role and becomes the automatic choice for the position.

Baszab

Bassey the warrior

If we bite the bullet and splash the cash on a proven goalscorer, I think we can get by on what we have elsewhere, at least until the summer and be in with a shout for play offs.
I do think Madl deserves another chance, mystified by his absence. I trust Joka to turn it around.