Author Topic: The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18  (Read 126461 times)

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
Re: The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18
« Reply #520 on: January 13, 2018, 10:50:06 PM »
Oliveira is a very well rounded striker, he is technical, strong, skillful and quick. I will show you a video of his best goals in the champ last season. Some great strikes on here. 
https://twitter.com/AllAboutChamp/status/871332060014800896
If the team is playing badly he can create a goal out of nothing, Which is something I admire in a striker, Rather than just a poacher.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #521 on: January 13, 2018, 10:54:47 PM »
Oliveira is a very well rounded striker, he is technical, strong, skillful and quick. I will show you a video of his best goals in the champ last season. Some great strikes on here. 
If the team is playing badly he can create a goal out of nothing, Which is something I admire in a striker, Rather than just a poacher.

How much would he cost, what kind of money will they be asking ?

Offline Fernhurst

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • The atmospheres fresh and the debate lively
« Reply #522 on: January 13, 2018, 11:00:31 PM »
Derby had an 8 million offer turned down!!!! Errrrr

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #523 on: January 13, 2018, 11:03:21 PM »
Blimey !!!!

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #524 on: January 14, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
It can´t be right that Manure may have to pay £10 mil to the agent of Sanchez. These agents are controlling the game. The game at the top is so corrupt.

Offline Nero

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #525 on: January 14, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »
It can´t be right that Manure may have to pay £10 mil to the agent of Sanchez. These agents are controlling the game. The game at the top is so corrupt.

The thing is the agent works on behalf of the player, it should be the player paying the agent not the clubs, but the big clubs are so desperate to get these players they will seem to pay anything. How much do we thing Wolves have paid Jorge Mendez so far

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #526 on: January 14, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »
Guedioura leaving Boro, Linked with Ipswich. Is 32 now but was a key player in Slavisas Watford promotion season and one of the main reasons they went up. I'd have him.

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #527 on: January 14, 2018, 12:51:21 PM »

How much would he cost, what kind of money will they be asking ?

Yes looks as if he knows where the goal is. Knowing that we paid £9m for Fonte the asking price for this guy is likely to be beyond what we are prepared to pay.

Offline bill taylors apprentice

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #528 on: January 14, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »
Being a football team supporter is often painful and the rest of the time its mainly all about hope with the occasional high!

It ain't going to happen!

Online Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #529 on: January 14, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »
Talksport.....Fulham have joined Hull in pursuit of Aberdeen Centre back Scott McEnna aged 21.The London Club (talksport talk)  have had the towering player watched this season.

Hull have had a second bid of£300k turned down, not exactly big money if we really are interested.

Offline f321ffc

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #530 on: January 14, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »
Swansea City target fullback Ryan Fredericks gives an update on his Fulham future

The fullback has been linked with Swansea and Stoke, but Fredericks insists he is happy at Craven Cottage

Ryan Fredericks has insisted he is happy at Fulham, despite speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

Stoke City and Swansea are among the clubs who have been reported to be interested in the 25-year-old who only has six months left on his contract, but so far there's been no movement on that front, with Fredericks playing a key role in the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough.

Fulham are adamant that none of their key players will be leaving this January, with Tony Khan already issuing a statement stating that Ryan Sessegnon, Fulhanm's 17-year-old wonderkid, will not be sold.

There's a contract on the table for the full back, and Fredericks has revealed that his people behind the scenes are dealing with that, and although he's not sure what is going to happen, he wants to end the season with promotion to the Premier League with Fulham.

He said: "I'm happy here, I've said it all along.

"My contract situation is getting sorted behind closed doors and the relevant people are trying to sort that now, I'm not too sure what is going to happen, but whilst I'm a Fulham player, be it one year, two years, three years, whatever it is, I will give my all in the shirt whenever I step onto the pitch.

"You couldn't get any better than that [ending the season being promoted with Fulham] promotion with any team is amazing so it would be my third season here, so hopefully third time lucky."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-target-fullback-ryan-14152655.amp?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:33:46 PM by Friendsoffulham »

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #531 on: January 14, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
Swansea City target fullback Ryan Fredericks gives an update on his Fulham future

The fullback has been linked with Swansea and Stoke, but Fredericks insists he is happy at Craven Cottage

Ryan Fredericks has insisted he is happy at Fulham, despite speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

Stoke City and Swansea are among the clubs who have been reported to be interested in the 25-year-old who only has six months left on his contract, but so far there's been no movement on that front, with Fredericks playing a key role in the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough.

Fulham are adamant that none of their key players will be leaving this January, with Tony Khan already issuing a statement stating that Ryan Sessegnon, Fulhanm's 17-year-old wonderkid, will not be sold.

There's a contract on the table for the full back, and Fredericks has revealed that his people behind the scenes are dealing with that, and although he's not sure what is going to happen, he wants to end the season with promotion to the Premier League with Fulham.

"My contract situation is getting sorted behind closed doors and the relevant people are trying to sort that now, I'm not too sure what is going to happen, but whilst I'm a Fulham player, be it one year, two years, three years, whatever it is, I will give my all in the shirt whenever I step onto the pitch.

"You couldn't get any better than that [ending the season being promoted with Fulham] promotion with any team is amazing so it would be my third season here, so hopefully third time lucky."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-target-fullback-ryan-14152655.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Like it. Just need to get on with it.

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #532 on: January 14, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »

Hope he stays, There is not a better RB in this league IMO.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »

Hope he stays, There is not a better RB in this league IMO.

Agree.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #534 on: January 14, 2018, 06:35:56 PM »
Talksport.....Fulham have joined Hull in pursuit of Aberdeen Centre back Scott McEnna aged 21.The London Club (talksport talk)  have had the towering player watched this season.

Hull have had a second bid of£300k turned down, not exactly big money if we really are interested.

I should think they laughed at that offer, what I've read highly thought of....Hull trying it on.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #535 on: January 14, 2018, 08:34:50 PM »

I should think they laughed at that offer, what I've read highly thought of....Hull trying it on.

We will probably offer less.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #536 on: January 14, 2018, 09:20:40 PM »
Sell him for £30 million and then use it all to buy Dembele back from Celtic 😉
Graham, Dembele and Ojo up top together we'd be unstoppable,

Shame it'll never happen though.

It will not happen simply because any money we did receive will not be reinvested in players, apart from a token amount. So we are better off keeping him as long as we can.

Offline ..FOF..

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2018, 11:47:55 AM »
I wonder what is the state of our traditional scouting system now?

I am all for sport analytics as long as it is balanced with the knowledge from real human eyes and mind.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2018, 01:48:46 PM »
Well that's half the window shut and still not a whiff of signing....I know keep quiet mince plenty of time yet.
Now when did I hear that before?

Offline Fulham Tup North

• MAESTRO
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2018, 02:03:05 PM »
Well that's half the window shut and still not a whiff of signing....I know keep quiet mince plenty of time yet.
Now when did I hear that before?
That's you trouble 'Mince', you need some patients  :)