Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 22, 2018, 10:55:29 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 22, 2018, 10:33:08 AM
No reflection on the player, but it is just another loan. 

True - but his CV does not shout out 'BUY'.  Give him a few games and see how it goes then think about purchasing outright.

Who cares if it's a loan or not. If he helps us get to the prem he's done his job.

I care because I want the majority of the squad that I support to be Fulham players. I have no objection to a sensible number of loan players and I recognise the obvious benefits. However I am slightly concerned st the current balance and do not want to see it pushed ever further.
Sorry if that is an old fashioned view and not terribly pragmatic but it is the way I am.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on January 22, 2018, 04:55:27 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 22, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 22, 2018, 10:55:29 AM

True - but his CV does not shout out 'BUY'.  Give him a few games and see how it goes then think about purchasing outright.

Who cares if it's a loan or not. If he helps us get to the prem he's done his job.

I care because I want the majority of the squad that I support to be Fulham players. I have no objection to a sensible number of loan players and I recognise the obvious benefits. However I am slightly concerned st the current balance and do not want to see it pushed ever further.
Sorry if that is an old fashioned view and not terribly pragmatic but it is the way I am.

Do not apologise, and it's not an old fashioned view, it is a level headed view.
I am as anxious as anyone to see us be promoted, and I fully understand both sides of the debate, but there has to be a balance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Quote from: twang on January 22, 2018, 02:15:49 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on January 22, 2018, 12:59:29 PM
So has Soares definitely gone back to Portugal?

There were reports last week that he had, and that Estoril are interested in bringing him in. Nothing official though.

Can't see him being at Fulham when the window closes.

He wouldn't be able to play for anyone else but his own team because you can only play for 2 sides in any season

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: General on January 22, 2018, 04:35:01 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 22, 2018, 10:53:46 AM
There is always the possibility that if (when) we get promoted, then they will sign perminently?
Likewise players like Piazon & Ollie?
Got to think positive :)
COYW

be careful for what you wish for.. our team on form may be dominant in the championship but teams that steamrolled the league last year or got promoted have struggled making the step up.

If we do go up we really have to consider our players and take our squad up another level. Not a single player in our squad is a proven or successful premiership player.

Right. If we're promoted, the summer will need to be like Slavisa's first with us......14 or so signings, only 10 times more expensive, likely more.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

twang

Quote from: KJS on January 22, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

There were reports last week that he had, and that Estoril are interested in bringing him in. Nothing official though.

He wouldn't be able to play for anyone else but his own team because you can only play for 2 sides in any season

He hasn't played for Porto this season though, only us.

filham

Quote from: Riverside on January 22, 2018, 11:35:40 AM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on January 22, 2018, 11:13:50 AM
No need to purchase him - his contract ends in June.

Unfortunately last August he signed an extension to 2022
https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-08-04/matt-targett-new-deal-southampton-announcement

But I am still happy about this loan .
Watching Saturday it was clear that though excellent in defence Odoi does not offer the attack down the left that Fredericks does down the right enabling Piazon to play more centrally and linked up with Fonte to great effect .
If Targett can replicate Fredericks enabling Sess to play more tucked on upfront I think we address out biggest issue in the starting 11

If Targett could replicate Fredericks he wouldn't be out on loan but playing in the struggling Southampton team.

Mince n Tatties

Martin wants to come back to Fulham and not go to Sunderland.... Don't think Slava wants him back?

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2018, 06:32:41 PM
Martin wants to come back to Fulham and not go to Sunderland.... Don't think Slava wants him back?
That just has to be a wind up that no one is going to believe.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on January 22, 2018, 06:10:07 PM

If Targett could replicate Fredericks he wouldn't be out on loan but playing in the struggling Southampton team.

Yeah, he just has to outperform Ryan Bertrand.

I'm just waiting for Fred to get his England callup any day now.

Mince n Tatties

We Are Premier League

Tuanzebe looks on his way to Villa - I would happily have added him to the team, versatility that our thin squad could need.

Can accept one more loan players as Ojo are falling further and further (8th?) down the pecking order.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 22, 2018, 11:01:45 PM
Tuanzebe looks on his way to Villa - I would happily have added him to the team, versatility that our thin squad could need.

Can accept one more loan players as Ojo are falling further and further (8th?) down the pecking order.

Surely Tuanzebe could do a job in the prem, similar to Fosu-Mensah at a bottom of the table club.

ChesterTheTabby

No thank you.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

One Martin Thomas

Is this true ?

Southdowns White

Quote from: maoconnor on January 22, 2018, 11:17:14 PM

No thank you.
It's got to be a wind up, he knows he's not welcome anywhere near Fulham.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Southdowns White on January 23, 2018, 07:47:04 AM

No thank you.

No its not a wind up.
Who would  you want to go on loan to,a side chasing promotion or one that looks like it will be relegated.
In the end he might have no choice but to go to Sunderland just to get playing time.

grandad

We sign Targett on loan & suddenly the media put 2 & 2 together to make 5 regarding Sess. They all are saying this puts his future with us in doubt. Don´t they realise that bringing in Targett meant Sess will be able to play in his best position. These articles have been at the request of the "big" clubs who want Sess. Tapping up by the back door.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2018, 08:24:00 AM
Quote from: Southdowns White on January 23, 2018, 07:47:04 AM

No thank you.

No its not a wind up.
Who would  you want to go on loan to,a side chasing promotion or one that looks like it will be relegated.
In the end he might have no choice but to go to Sunderland just to get playing time.

Yes but one would expect him to have some level of self respect and realise fulham may not be an option after the way he behaved.

TheBadger

He was seen talking in the cafe at the ground on Saturday before the game for quite a while so hadn't gone at that point... Would assume waiting for Targett to sign before sending him back officially.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 21, 2018, 02:04:21 PM
Quote from: filham on January 21, 2018, 01:24:12 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 20, 2018, 08:18:04 PM
Was told at the game today,don't know if its pie in the sky or what,but the chap I've spoken to a few times at games said we've had 2 bids for Hughill of Preston turned down.
Haven't seen anything from club or rumours pages on this at all,but I suppose we don't get to know about every bid we make.
We would do well to prise Hugill away from Preston. Keep in touch with your source, he could be more reliable than all the speculative media people who seem to do a lot of recycling of old speculative material..

Jordan Hugill is the best chance we have of recruiting a decent forward before the Window closes.

Sess has scored more goals this season than Hugill, also he didn't play well on Saturday against Birmingham and was subbed in the 57th minute. Perhaps his head was in the wrong place with FFC on his mind!