watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Tottenham believe Ryan Sessegnon is ideal replacement for Danny Rose if he leaves the club

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/27/tottenham-believe-ryan-sessegnon-ideal-replacement-danny-rose/

Not too early to start this is it?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Aldo

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM
Tottenham believe Ryan Sessegnon is ideal replacement for Danny Rose if he leaves the club

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/27/tottenham-believe-ryan-sessegnon-ideal-replacement-danny-rose/

Not too early to start this is it?

Is this not just a rehashed headline from the summer?

Woolly Mammoth

With due respect Genitalmen, Why are we discussing Sess leaving the club, the Jan Window should be about bringing in quality players to join him in our quest to conquer this Division and promotion to the Premier, not the other way round.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

"bringing in quality players to join him in our quest to conquer this Division"

Agreed....form is temporary, class is permanent.

How the hell can we tempt premier class players to our friendly little club?
Huge wage options?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Paper talk, some saying this morning the top 5 all after him.
I know for a fact Sess is Fulham through and through and will still be here in 3 years time,unless the greedy board decide to cash in.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 27, 2017, 03:29:44 PM
I know for a fact Sess is Fulham through and through and will still be here in 3 years time,unless the greedy board decide to cash in.
I'm Fulham through and through but pay me £150k pw and I'll wear a blue and white scarf and change my name to micky droy

MJG

or his agent gets involved? Proof will be in May next year when we should offer him a new contract on his 18th birthday and he signs.
I don't doubt his commitment to the club now, but we all know players change over time. Also any offer we get that could be game changing for us needs to be considered.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 27, 2017, 03:44:46 PM
I'm Fulham through and through but pay me £150k pw and I'll wear a blue and white scarf and change my name to micky droy

What about if the offer was only a £100k a week.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Well, I don't want  Sess to leave but then if we are to continue playing him at left back we could do a lot worse than selling him and with the mega bucks we get buy a replacement left back, a centre back and a striker, all three up to top Championship standard.

That is of course if we were capable of bringing in good layers, but thinking of all of our transfer failures we have made we had best stick with Sess.

hovewhite

Trusting our scouts n khan jr,no brainer sess stays! No deal!

Wearethewhites

I don't want Sess to leave either, however, 30-40M investment in the Team can't be borked at.

filham

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 27, 2017, 07:45:46 PM
I don't want Sess to leave either, however, 30-40M investment in the Team can't be borked at.

Just think of Mitroglou, Marley , Fonte, Ruiz we can easily blow £40m.

Woolly Mammoth

If we had the misfortune of selling Sess, whatever money we got for him, most of it will be trousered by Khan, let's not kid ourselves. He is not that interested or is ambitious enough to launch us into the Premier, unless it's by accident. Otherwise he would never have mentioned sustainability, instead of ambition.
Other clubs will immediately inflate their prices to squeeze as much out of our inept and comatosed recruitment team who could not sell a life belt to a drowning man.
What small percentage we do get to spend on players will be squandered on drift wood from Division 2 of the Timbuktu League. Plus the odd free transfer, and a hand full of loaners that we will have to replace every year.
Best to keep Sess, we are better off with him, and anyone of our other prize assets. 

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2017, 08:44:58 PM
If we had the misfortune of selling Sess, whatever money we got for him, most of it will be trousered by Khan, let's not kid ourselves. He is not that interested or is ambitious enough to launch us into the Premier, unless it's by accident. Otherwise he would never have mentioned sustainability, instead of ambition.
Other clubs will immediately inflate their prices to squeeze as much out of our inept and comatosed recruitment team who could not sell a life belt to a drowning man.
What small percentage we do get to spend on players will be squandered on drift wood from Division 2 of the Timbuktu League. Plus the odd free transfer, and a hand full of loaners that we will have to replace every year.
Best to keep Sess, we are better off with him, and anyone of our other prize assets.
I would love to have been in that conversation you had with Khan when he told you he was not interested. As far as I can recall and please correct me if wrong, but I have not heard anything about Khan refusing money to buy players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2017, 09:12:12 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2017, 08:44:58 PM
I would love to have been in that conversation you had with Khan when he told you he was not interested. As far as I can recall and please correct me if wrong, but I have not heard anything about Khan refusing money to buy players.

I shall correct you as you are wrong 100%
I never said he did, I do not know where you imagined that from.
I do not need to have a conversation with him to realise he has very little interest or enthusiasm for Fulham FC. Even a recluse living in a cave can see that.
I don't have to go down a coal mine to find out it's dark inside.
But don't let me stop you from being a defender of the Chairman and Owner, because I know that one day the penny will drop, and you will gasp dam it, and reflect why did I think otherwise. I wish I had listened to that Hairy Elephant. 🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

A top tier goalkeeper and a Championship-specific proven goal scoring striker, please.

I am not worried about Sess. When the time for him to go, we cannot stop it really. It will be about 5 way fight for his signature.

We probably have a chance to keep Sess longer if we got promoted last season and now are in the Top 7 of the Premiership :P

toshes mate

My knowledge of the young man too. 

Mullers OG

Whether Sess stays or goes is in the end down to him.  Although in theory FFC can keep him until the end of his contract no sensible club would do so.  If he makes it clear that he wants to go and won't sign a new contract then the time will come when the club will sell him and take the cash.

I very much hope he stays for a long time.  That is probably dependent on getting promotion and the sooner the better.  If we don't within a year or so then Sess will need to move to further his ambitions of becoming an England regular.  If he's good enough, and further forwards on the left I think he will be, then I hope he plays for England at Fulham.  If we don't go up then sooner or later he'll leave for his own career's sake.

Bill2

I hope you are right but history proves you wrong. A bid at the right price from the right club will almost certainly mean a player will go. If Sess goes he will no doubt double his money if not more and will be playing at a level we could never offer, in domestic and european competitions. This will also increase his chance of wearing the national kit.

So more money and silverware, of course he will go There is not a footballer in the lower divisions and smaller prem clubs who would turn down the chance. It is just pleasing that he is a sensible lad and knows at Fulham he will get first team time and if he goes to Spurs and the like he will be back in the reserves or on loan, for the moment.

Riversider

Sell him for £30 million and then use it all to buy Dembele back from Celtic 😉
Graham, Dembele and Ojo up top together we'd be unstoppable,

Shame it'll never happen though.