watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (28/11/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 28, 2017, 04:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Spurs in battle with Chelsea to sign their perfect £30m replacement for Danny Rose - report

He has all the qualities that the club is looking for

Tottenham Hotspur are to make a fresh bid to sign Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon as the perfect replacement for Danny Rose in the summer but face competition for his services from Chelsea who are also determined to make a move for the teenager.

He will cost around £30million with the Cottagers keen to hold out for the best price possible for the England youth international.

Luke Shaw is another option for Spurs but after suffering a number of injuries and falling out of favour at Manchester United he is no longer a priority target.

Jose Mourinho's side are set to rival Chelsea for Rose throughout the January and summer transfer windows as the left-back seeks an improvement on his wages after becoming unhappy at Tottenham.

According to the Telegraph, the 27-year-old also feels alienated by Mauricio Pochettino's team selections and was left "fuming" at not being included in the team to face Arsenal in the north London derby earlier in November.

He was also left out of the draw against West Bromwich Albion at the weekend amid concerns over his fitness levels. Speaking after the game, his manager confirmed he was not injury but needed to do more work in training to be match fit.

Ben Davies has overtaken the England international in the pecking order at left-back in a similar fashion to how Kieran Trippier began to bench Kyle Walker at the end of last season.

The right-back left Spurs for Manchester City in the summer and Rose is expected to follow suit with a big money switch of his own to a top six rival.

Yet Sessegnon is regarded as a player with all the attributes and potential to succeed him at full-back and has played up and down the wing for Fulham since his first team breakthrough last year.

Ryan Sessegnon in action for Fulham

He scored his first senior hat-trick earlier this month to become the first 17-year-old to complete that feat in the Premier League or Football League since Dele Alli, and Pochettino's record at bringing through youth is expected to hand Tottenham an important advantage at the negotiation table.

Rose initially started out as a winger and has moved deeper to become one of the stand-out performers at left-back in Europe under the Argentinian. Spurs will hope that Sessegnon's development could follow a similar path.

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/spurs-danny-rose-ryan-sessegnon-13963065

WhiteJC

U21s Travel To Crawley

The Under-21s travel to Crawley Town on Wednesday evening to play in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Fulham sit third in the group on two points and cannot progress to the knock-out stages after results went against them in the last round. The two points Fulham gained was from a draw at Fratton Park against Portsmouth, which they went to win on penalties for the bonus point.

In their second group game at the beginning of the month, Fulham lost a 2-1 lead at Charlton Athletic as the Addicks went on to win the game scoring two in the dying minutes.

Crawley also cannot progress to the next round having not taken a single point in their other two group matches.  The League Two team are sitting 17th in the league.

Peter Grant's side currently are now fifth in the Premier League 2 Division 2 after beating Newcastle United 3-0 at Motspur Park in their previous match, making it a five match winning streak in the league.

Fans who wish to attend this match, tickets are pay on the gate at Crawley, both cash and card is accepted.

Updates will be provided on the Club's official twitter account, @FulhamFC.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/28/u21s-travel-to-crawley

WhiteJC

Tottenham to try and sign Sessegnon for fourth consecutive window

Tottenham are keen to sign Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon for a fourth consecutive window, according to Sky Sports.

The broadcaster have claimed on their website that Spurs have identified the 17-year-old wide man as their first choice to replace Danny Rose.

Sky Sports report that Rose's future in north London is "uncertain" even though he has patched up his relationship with Mauricio Pochettino after publicly questioning Tottenham's ambitions last summer.

It is said that Tottenham have made approaches for Sessegnon in each of the three previous transfer windows, over the summer, last January and during the summer of 2016.

Pochettino is a "huge fan" of the England Under-19 international, who established himself in Fulham's first team last season and then signed his first professional deal in the summer.

He can play anywhere on the left-hand side and swaps between left-back and left midfield on almost a match-by-match basis.

Good move for Tottenham?
All the signs are that Sessegnon is that rarity, a young English player whose potential is off the scale. The Londoner has created a lot of buzz since his debut senior campaign ended with him named in the Championship team of the season, a stunning achievement for someone who did not even turn 17 until May. The word at Fulham since Sessegnon was 14 was that they had a player on their hands who was the best graduate yet of an academy that has also produced Moussa Dembele and Patrick Roberts in recent seasons. The youngster is one of the star players in a Fulham side that lost in the play-off semi-finals last season and his hat-trick in last week's 5-4 win at Sheffield United was further proof of his amazing talent.

This Is Futbol rating: 9/10

Likely to happen?
There is a stampede of interest in the left-sided flyer with the world at his feet. Liverpool and Manchester United have been strongly linked with Sessegnon, and Tottenham will have to pay big money as well as seduce the teenager with a plan to make the most of his immense talent. Pochettino will be key. The Argentine has a proven track record for developing young players and knows how to make stars rather than simply buy them.

This Is Futbol rating: 7/10

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/11/blogs/premier-league/tottenham-to-try-and-sign-sessegnon-for-fourth-consecutive-window/

WhiteJC

Djalo: Amazing Feeling

Marcelo Djalo was on cloud nine after making his league debut for Fulham on Saturday.

The centre-back had featured in two Carabao Cup fixtures earlier in the season, but made his Sky Bet Championship bow in the 1-0 victory over Millwall.

With the Lions launching balls into our area in search of an equaliser, Slaviša Jokanović introduced Djalo in place of Neeskens Kebano with 12 minutes to go, and the Spaniard helped his side maintain a crucial clean sheet.

"For me it was amazing to play for this Club, on this pitch, in this shirt," he told fulhamfc.com after the game. "It's incredible, and I'm very happy because for me it was the first time playing here in the Championship. It's amazing.

"The situation was not easy because they had more strikers, more long balls. This can be a more nervous situation for all the players, and I think these three points are very, very vital. The team is very happy with this win.

"The Gaffer is always very positive. The message to the team is be confident, play our style, and be competitive. It's a good three points, a very, very important win."

The victory made it seven points from a possible nine for Fulham, and Djalo is targeting more success when we make the short trip to Griffin Park at the weekend.

"The team is feeling strong," he stated. "We're going to train hard and be focused, because every game is very important for us.
"When you win, everything is better. We have to keep going in this moment, the season is very long so we have to keep going, keep going, match by match."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/28/marcelo-djalo-amazing-feeling

WhiteJC

The Next Bale? Fulham's Sessegnon on Course For Familiar-Looking Path

Both left footed. Both teenagers. Both taking their first career steps in the Championship. Both starting their careers at left back. It was only a matter of time before Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon began to draw comparisons to a young Gareth Bale, given the vast similarities to the infancy of their respective careers.

Sessegnon arguably has the bigger window to succeed, given the fact that he made his debut for Fulham a whole 194 days before the Welshman made his first appearances for Southampton at the age of 16 years and 275 days, and the point could be made that the Fulham academy graduate has made a faster start to his career.

The 17-year-old has scored 11 goals and recorded six assists in his first 52 senior appearances in professional football, including a recent hat-trick in a 5-4 win over Sheffield United, whereas Real Madrid's record signing scored five and assisted ten in 51 appearances for the Saints before Tottenham snapped him up.

To add to the coincidentally similar nature of the pair's respective careers, Spurs are said to be lining up a move for Sessegnon to replace the out of favor Danny Rose, meaning that the career of Fulham's boy wonder could become even more startlingly similar to Bale's.

What is overly impressive about Sessegnon, however, is his ability in such a physically demanding league whilst possessing such a slight physical build himself, suggesting that he mentally outwits much more experienced opponents than him rather than use his body to gain an advantage.

Obviously, his physique will improve, but Bale's frame at the same age was far more dominant which could perhaps suggest Southampton's starlet relied on his athletic traits whilst he learnt his trade.

The biggest flaw in young talent is their end product, decision making and in general, their mental ability, so to see Sessegnon - who finished top scorer at the recent Under-19 European Championships - play with such composure and levelheadedness bodes well for him.

The Championship's youngest ever goalscorer has also perhaps taken more responsibility at a young age than Bale ever did, as he made 30 appearances in his first professional campaign last term when his Welsh counterpart made just two in his.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/11/28/could-ryan-sessegnon-follow-gareth-bales-path-championship-prospect-world-star

WhiteJC

Official Charity Matchday

For more than 10 years, Fulham Football Club Foundation (FFCF) has delivered pioneering disability programmes in the community, and on Saturday 9th December we're raising vital funds to support our Fulham Badgers, Active Autism and Inclusive Champions programmes.

Fulham versus Birmingham City at Craven Cottage is our Official Charity Matchday, kick-off 3pm. For supporters attending the match, FFCF has just one ask: Bring £1 to the ground. Volunteers will be collecting donations in and outside of the ground pre-match.

Can't make the match? Supporting the cause has never been easier:

Text FFCF09 £1 to 70070, or;

Visit our Just Giving page to donate online: https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/fulhamfc-foundation/disability

More than 13.3 million people living in the UK have a disability. Fulham FC Foundation provides support to children, young people, and adults with disabilities living in South and South West London. In 2017, the Foundation engaged 356 participants in disability programmes, including weekly physical activity and sport sessions, coaching qualification courses, and match day experiences.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/28/official-charity-matchday

WhiteJC

Sunderland AFC transfer news - Wolves and Fulham tracking Black Cats top scorer Lewis Grabban

Championship rivals Wolves and Fulham are keeping tabs on Sunderland striker Lewis Grabban ahead of the January transfer window.

Grabban is on a season-long loan deal from Premier League side AFC Bournemouth but his stunning form in a struggling Sunderland side has caught the attention of other Championship teams.

Reports suggest both Wolves and Fulham are keen to land the 29-year-old on a permanent deal when the January transfer window opens in five weeks time. The Cherries have a recall clause which would allow them to end Grabban's loan spell early. It would be a major blow to Sunderland, struggling in the Championship relegation zone, if Grabban's loan was to finish early and the cash-strapped Black Cats would struggle to match the financial clout of their Championship rivals in trying to sign him on a permanent basis.

Grabban has scored 10 goals in 15 Championship games since arriving on a loan deal in the summer and he recently won praise from Sunderland boss Chris Coleman after hitting double figures. Coleman said: "Lewis is offering himself to the cause by scoring goals, he keeps on scoring which is a huge positive." Sunderland legend and Echo columnist Gary Rowell has also heaped praise on the striker, Rowell said: "One player who has impressed me and doesn't deserve criticism is Lewis Grabban.

"Signed on loan from Bournemouth, he has been Sunderland's best summer signing and most consistent performer even though, admittedly, the bar hasn't been set too high. "His 10 goals already would be a good return in any team but coming in a team that is in the relegation zone, makes it an even better achievement." Grabban has played for 10 clubs in his career including Millwall, Bournemouth, Norwich City and Reading. Bournemouth re-signed Grabban from Norwich City for £7million in January 2016 but he made only 18 appearances before joining Reading and then Sunderland on loan.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-afc-transfer-news-wolves-and-fulham-tracking-black-cats-top-scorer-lewis-grabban-1-8882014

WhiteJC

Wolves and Fulham eyeing Sunderland star

According to TeamTalk, Lewis Grabban could be on the move in the January window with him currently on loan at Sunderland in the Championship.

The forward has been in fine form this season for the Black Cats – despite their struggles as a team – and is one of the highest scorers in the league.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Such a return really is something to marvel at given Sunderland's form, and something that means they'll want to keep him but this report suggests that that might not happen.

Indeed, it is suggesting that Bournemouth will recall Grabban in January and then look to sell him with Wolves and Fulham apparently interested in the forward.

Indeed, Sunderland would surely like to keep a hold of Grabban but financially speaking they probably do not have the clout to bring the forward in.

They should perhaps ask Bournemouth to wait until the end of the season but, at the end of the day, he is the Cherries' player and if they want to cash in in January they have every right.

The Verdict
Sunderland need to try and get Grabban to stay until at least the end of the campaign.

Replacing someone as important as him in January will be a real task – particularly thanks to the money Sunderland do not have – and so their season's hopes could hinge a fair bit on this.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-and-fulham-eyeing-sunderland-star/

WhiteJC

Djalo delighted with Fulham league debut
by Dan on November 28, 2017

Marcelo Djalo was delighted to make his league debut for Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday – and help Slavisa Jokanovic's side extend their unbeaten run by repelling Millwall's aerial assault as a second half substitute.

The Spanish centre back, who had featured in the League Cup earlier this morning, got his first taste of Championship action when he replaced Neeskens Kebano with twelve minutes to play as Fulham sought to hold onto the lead given to them on the stroke of half-time by Ollie Norwood's penalty. Djalo told the club's official website that he'll never forget the experience:

For me it was amazing to play for this club, on this pitch, in this shirt. It's incredible, and I'm very happy because for me it was the first time playing here in the Championship. It's amazing.

The situation was not easy because they had more strikers, more long balls. This can be a more nervous situation for all the players, and I think these three points are very, very vital. The team is very happy with this win.

The 23 year-old, a summer signing from Spanish second division side Club Deportivo Lugo, revealed that head coach Jokanovic has been boosting the belief among the Fulham squad.

The Gaffer is always very positive. The message to the team is be confident, play our style, and be competitive. It's a good three points, a very, very important win.

The team is feeling strong. We're going to train hard and be focused, because every game is very important for us. When you win, everything is better. We have to keep going in this moment, the season is very long so we have to keep going, keep going, match by match.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/11/djalo-delighted-with-fulham-league-debut/

WhiteJC

Lasse Vibe discusses opening his account for the season and looks ahead to Fulham

The Dane has had a stop-start campaign so far this season and injury led him to miss nearly two months of action

Lasse Vibe was a relieved man after opening his account for the season in Brentford's 2-2 draw with QPR.

The Dane has had a stop-start campaign so far this season and injury led him to miss nearly two months of action.

He has looked good with his movement and work-ratebut every striker is really judged on one currency; goals.

He reflected: "I think with my start of the season, being injured in the third or fourth week, I was out for nine, 10 weeks and then not hitting the ground running.

"It's hard coming back from injury but also, being critical of my own performance, could have scored before. It's better late than never.

"I'm happy to get off the mark but it doesn't feel like that. I've scored loads of goals in training.

"Normally, when I've had tough periods it's been in training as well. I've kept my head up and doing my best for the team.

"A few of my team-mates seemed really happy for me and that pleased me even more."

Vibe has a habit of going on goalscoring runs and dry spells and, while he doesn't want to jinx anything, he hopes he can now find the net on a regular basis.

He added: "We don't want to jinx anything. I'm relying on my team-mates. I'm not an individual skill player.

"I need my team to help me perform. That's obviously a reason, if not a bad excuse. Every striker, it's mental. This time it hasn't been minutes in games but it's more of a time factor."

Vibe will be looking to add to his tally when the Bees take on Fulham on Saturday and he knows it will be a tough game.

Speaking after Brentford had thrown away a two-goal lead at QPR, Vibe said: "We've got Fulham and they're looking strong at the minute.

"They've been strong all season. They drew a lot. They got that 5-4 win which kickstarted it. We've got to sleep on this and give ourselves 24 hours to get over it."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lasse-vibe-discusses-opening-account-13967247