more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham submit plans for new Riverside Stand

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 01, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham submit plans for new Riverside Stand

This application follows a period of consultation and open dialogue with residents, supporters, and many stakeholders with an interest in the project and local area

Fulham Football Club has today submitted an application to the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham council for the redevelopment of the Riverside stand at its historic Craven Cottage home.

This application follows a period of consultation and open dialogue with residents, supporters, and many stakeholders with an interest in the project and local area.

The Club secured planning permission for its previous design in 2013. The new proposal, commissioned by Fulham FC's Chairman Mr Shahid Khan, has incorporated a modern design that is sympathetic with the river and local area and best reflects the needs of the Club, community and neighbourhood by delivering a wide range of benefits both now and for future generations.

Alistair Mackintosh, Fulham FC Chief Executive Officer, said: "Everyone here at Fulham Football Club is incredibly excited to submit this application, and we are confident that the plans we have laid out will both upgrade the current stand and add new facilities that everyone in the community will be able to enjoy and appreciate."

In addition to increasing the seating capacity at Craven Cottage, the Club has sought to add amenities to help transform the riverside walkway into a world-class leisure destination, both on matchdays and non-matchdays.

The Riverside on a matchday
This new design will still allow the River Thames walkway to be opened up, an aspect of the approved design in 2013, and will incorporate bars, restaurants, and lounges—all of which will be open for business throughout the year.

The redevelopment will bring significant investments in the local community, adding new full-time jobs and further opportunities for employment.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-submit-plans-new-riverside-13983320.amp

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fernhurst

I'm made up.... love it and can't wait to have a look around it.

I was there for the first game in the Riverside in 71/72 so would dearly love to witness the opening of the latest reincarnation of The Riverside.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

BestOfBrede

Love it also
Really need this to happen so that my dear old Pa gets to see.enjoy it!
It would be fantastic for me, Pa and my brother to all go together like the old days...
Even sweeter if it's for the Prem!

_Putney_

The old design seemed to incorporate the current stand, which made it seem reasonable to say construction could continue throughout the season.  How will this work with the new design?

ron

Haven't had a chance to look at the previous plan's pictures and compare them, but it seems like the double deck feature is lessened, and the use of the corners as viewing platforms is reduced in this new incarnation. As I recall, the previous plan was to incorporate the existing into the new by building two end towers and creating a second tier as a bridge structure over it.

Hope it works out, but I was rather more impressed by the original idea.

MJG

Quote from: _Putney_ on December 01, 2017, 06:59:32 PM
The old design seemed to incorporate the current stand, which made it seem reasonable to say construction could continue throughout the season.  How will this work with the new design?
the plan is to knock the whole thing down, relocate fans to other stands without leaving. That's the plan.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Just another planning proposal, any one kept a record on how much we have spent on architects and planning in recent years.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

MrD1879

Oooo another proposal it may be built before our next centenary.   079.gif

Fulham 442

It says our capacity will be increased from the current 25,700.  Does anyone know what to?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 02, 2017, 11:00:09 AM
It says our capacity will be increased from the current 25,700.  Does anyone know what to?

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 02, 2017, 11:00:09 AM

My understanding is that it's around the 30,000 mark.
But somebody may have a more exact figure.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Nice plans, let's just hope the stand takes into account the wind off the Thames, or the sailing club will be moaning again! Don't want to upset the lovies over the water.
As others have said, let's wait and see what we finally get!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

grandad

Going to be a proper job & not a mix & match. Any costs of the project have no bearing on FFP so Mr Khan can spend what ever he wants without any restrictions. Any extra income from non matchday activities will go against our operating costs which will helpus with FFP. Good on you Mr Khan.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

Love it more from inside the ground than outside. It looks great. Was there any talk of the Hammersmith and Putney ends ? I was sure there was something about plans here too in the future after the riverside.

Rambler

Do we know what the final capacity will be?

Assuming 30,000 like the last plan

BedsFFC

I cannot tell you how much I'd love to get one of those flats.

How much we reckon they would cost?