watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham submit plans for new Riverside Stand

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 01, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Strange there is no ffc branding on the outside or inside of the new stand. It may just be those plans haven't been completed yet.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 04, 2017, 01:18:12 PM
I cannot tell you how much I'd love to get one of those flats.

How much we reckon they would cost?
Millions in Fulham on the River,will go a long way to paying for the redevelopment. Mind you I'm sure he will have one and his son too.What they should do is do short term rentals on them them all the money comes into the club and can be sold at later date if required.Not sure how the sale of apartments would effect the FFP though?

mrmicawbers

Nine fully managed short term lease apartments could potentially bring in close to a Million a year.Sounds like a no brainer and will only increase in value in both rental and sales values and no FFP effect.

Riversider

More chance of our front line and back 4 getting rebuilt in 2018 than there is of the Riverside getting rebuilt ,
HS2 and the 3rd runway at Heathrow have had less delays than this stand.
Can almost hear the planning department now saying "oh no, not again"

MikeW

More chance of our front line and back 4 getting rebuilt in 2018 than there is of the Riverside getting rebuilt ,
Can almost hear the planning department now saying "oh no, not again".

But think of the fees!

Reminds me of the old Les Dawson joke .... "Just one problem, it faces the pitch!"
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

toshes mate

The really. really good news is that you can just see SJ pacing up and down outside the dugouts......

Fulhamfan666

That looks/sounds great! Will mean it'll be much harder to get tickets tho

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 04, 2017, 01:18:12 PM
I cannot tell you how much I'd love to get one of those flats.

How much we reckon they would cost?

Fontes monthly wage.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 01, 2017, 06:52:18 PM
I'm made up.... love it and can't wait to have a look around it.

I was there for the first game in the Riverside in 71/72 so would dearly love to witness the opening of the latest reincarnation of The Riverside.

Wasn't that the Benfica game?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: MikeW on December 04, 2017, 02:33:42 PM

Or dualling the A303
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

I wonder where our Trophy Cabinet will be located ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Holders on December 04, 2017, 03:11:06 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on December 01, 2017, 06:52:18 PM
I'm made up.... love it and can't wait to have a look around it.

I was there for the first game in the Riverside in 71/72 so would dearly love to witness the opening of the latest reincarnation of The Riverside.

Wasn't that the Benfica game?

It was Jim, including the immaculate Eusebio
Such a fond memory as The only time I attended with my Dad and brother.

So jealous of my older brother who lived in London and seemed to know everyone at Fulham FC.

Im sure the location and the retail and restaurant offers will leave QPR and Brentford seething.
It may be so good it will push the house values in the vicinity even higher!

Wish Dad had kept the family home in Fernhurst Road.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fcfulham55

Anyone else seen palace and their new stand redevelopment? Now theirs is very impressive. A class well above our design, but we'll still have the best overall stadium. 

For me it's a shame, because the design should take into account the future.  For a start, there's a massive open back. Going to keep people cool at the top of the stand with a breeze.  Any noise made will have more room to escape again.  Albeit in the non noise riverside stand lol.

Our one stand we can really go for it and improve, has not really done it for me. Prefer it as it is almost. I only want the best for our club. The block of flat's takes the piss. Could be the start of something really bad.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

MJG

Quote from: fcfulham55 on December 04, 2017, 04:57:50 PM
Anyone else seen palace and their new stand redevelopment? Now theirs is very impressive. A class well above our design, but we'll still have the best overall stadium. 

For me it's a shame, because the design should take into account the future.  For a start, there's a massive open back. Going to keep people cool at the top of the stand with a breeze.  Any noise made will have more room to escape again.  Albeit in the non noise riverside stand lol.

Our one stand we can really go for it and improve, has not really done it for me. Prefer it as it is almost. I only want the best for our club. The block of flat's takes the piss. Could be the start of something really bad.
the top of the stand which you can see through is going to glass apparently. I asked that specific question to the design company. So no gap.,but more will be seen in full plans.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riversider

Just a couple of months ago we had, planning permission,  a developer and plans to start next year, now all of a sudden we have NO permission, and NO developer !
Have I got that right ?
If I have then there is next to NO chance of it starting next year 😠

MJG

Lots of info in the planning but I know some are worried about the flats and this is about them.

Short-Stay Serviced Apartments

4.25 The spaces between the roof and the cores at either end of the stand provide the opportunity to

contribute to the active frontage and passive surveillance overlooking the neighbouring parks

and Riverside walkway by the inclusion of nine apartments. However, unlike the previous

scheme that proposed four residential units for rent on the "open market", the current proposal

is for nine short-stay, serviced apartments to be used by the club/people affiliated to the club

and others, as appropriate. Users will include the owner, sponsors and new players joining the

club in need of accommodation for a few months before they find more permanent

accommodation elsewhere.

4.26 On this basis, the proposed units will operate as serviced apartments (Use Class C1). The

apartments will provide:

• One no. two-bed apartment and three no. three-bed serviced apartments at second floor

level;

• Two no. two-bed and two no. three-bed serviced apartments at third floor level; and

• One no. one-bed serviced apartment at fourth floor level.

4.27 The serviced apartments will be designed to a high quality. Private amenity space will be

provided for each unit in the form of a balcony, as well as larger roof terraces on the upper floors

of each block.

MJG

Planning ahead as well for Putney and Hammersmith:

As Fulham FC considers its potential future
expansion plans, the club must take into account
the existing features which will influence the nature
of the development. The fact that their Ground has
its own very special and unique character with four
distinct stands around the pitch, and with heritage
assets in the form of the Johnny Haynes Stand
and the Craven Cottage itself, naturally leads to
a solution that retains the four stand concept but
allows each stand to be developed, or refurbished
as necessary. The redevelopment of the Riverside
Stand maintains the four stand approach. If the
Hammersmith and Putney Stands were ever
amended or replaced at some stage in the future
they would also be expected to follow the four
stand approach. The design of the Riverside Stand
proposal has taken this into account, in so far as
there is nothing in this proposal that precludes
redevelopment of the Hammersmith and Putney
Stands in the future, and the rectilinear form of
the proposed stand with the vertical facades of the
blocks at either end of the seating tiers provide a
perfect 'book-end' in the corners of the stadium,
up to which new Hammersmith and Putney Stands
could be built, whilst retaining the setting of the
heritage listed assets and the overall special
character of the Ground as a whole.

flyingfish

The flats will provide the beiggest development value per sq m out out of anything else there. A developer would be mad not to include residebtial floorplace in a site like this and itbwill effectively cross-subsidise the rest of the (low development value) development. A football stand by itself would generate insufficient profit for a developer to bother with it, so this is the right approach and will hopefully get it done.

Baszab

Anybody remember Darlington FC and their new ground ?