more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham submit plans for new Riverside Stand

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 01, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

flyingfish

Why is it going backwards? What on earthbare you talking about?

cmg

Quote from: Baszab on December 05, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
Anybody remember Darlington FC and their new ground ?

Yes. I remember it particularly because Feethams was such a fabulous little ground.

I also remember that their then chairman, the man responsible for the fiasco, includes on his cv various prison terms for theft of cigarettes, burglary, safe-cracking, handling explosives, tax evasion and breach of parole.
So obviously a 'fit and proper person' - but not much in common with our own situation.

Twig

I understand the scepticism but am optimistic that this is Khan's own design and his preferred approach.  After all the stalling let's hope it goes ahead this time.

Fulham76

Quote from: flyingfish on December 05, 2017, 08:18:31 PM

As someone said above.... 'A couple of months ago we had planning permission, a developer and plans to start next year, now all of a sudden we have NO permission, and NO developer !

All true unfortunately. That's what I'm talking about

Woolly Mammoth

Will they bother to have a Trophy Cabinet installed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

We'll probably have something to put in a trophy cabinet before the New stand gets built...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2017, 08:56:31 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

We'll probably have something to put in a trophy cabinet before the New stand gets built...

Let's hope it's something metallic and shines in the dark, rather than something wooden and shaped similiar to a spoon.

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
Planning ahead as well for Putney and Hammersmith:

As Fulham FC considers its potential future
expansion plans, the club must take into account
the existing features which will influence the nature
of the development. The fact that their Ground has
its own very special and unique character with four
distinct stands around the pitch, and with heritage
assets in the form of the Johnny Haynes Stand
and the Craven Cottage itself, naturally leads to
a solution that retains the four stand concept but
allows each stand to be developed, or refurbished
as necessary. The redevelopment of the Riverside
Stand maintains the four stand approach. If the
Hammersmith and Putney Stands were ever
amended or replaced at some stage in the future
they would also be expected to follow the four
stand approach. The design of the Riverside Stand
proposal has taken this into account, in so far as
there is nothing in this proposal that precludes
redevelopment of the Hammersmith and Putney
Stands in the future, and the rectilinear form of
the proposed stand with the vertical facades of the
blocks at either end of the seating tiers provide a
perfect 'book-end' in the corners of the stadium,
up to which new Hammersmith and Putney Stands
could be built, whilst retaining the setting of the
heritage listed assets and the overall special
character of the Ground as a whole.

Cheers Mike

Woolly Mammoth

But it still does not confirm or state where the Trophy Cabinet will be located, and how huge the Cabinet will be, I cannot find it anywhere in the plans.

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Any silverware will be popped down at uncle's to raise some cash for a striker....

flyingfish

Quote from: Statto on December 05, 2017, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2017, 08:48:19 PM

As someone said above.... 'A couple of months ago we had planning permission, a developer and plans to start next year, now all of a sudden we have NO permission, and NO developer !

Agreed. And Khan and the club have lied to us before. So if I may quote George W, There's an old saying in Tennessee/Texas that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

But this is just not true. There is stiall a planning permission it hasnt gone away. There was no developer. Its not like they started is it? The latest iteration is superior from a real estate perspectuie and the pricess shows diligence on the part of the khans.  I work in the development industry and mahor developments like this are constantly reappraised and often successuve planning consents are sought. Once the initial principles are established a diligent landowber will see what else they can do and improve in. Development is an interative process and id be more concenred had they just merrily started digging away in the old consnet  when it is obvious to anyone who has any feeling at all for property that there is so much more value to be squeezed from the site which ultimately will be for the good of the club.

Also a planning application itself requires commitment. It is not drawn up in an afternoon. It takes months and just the application itself will cost north of about 500k to prepare. The fact that they bothered shows intent.  Sorry but they cannot be faulted on this.

SG

i guess whether they can be faulted is down to ones own point of view on the subject. Me - I'll believe it is being built when I see the first spade break ground. I am not holding my breath.

MJG

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 05, 2017, 09:45:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
Planning ahead as well for Putney and Hammersmith:

As Fulham FC considers its potential future
expansion plans, the club must take into account
the existing features which will influence the nature
of the development. The fact that their Ground has
its own very special and unique character with four
distinct stands around the pitch, and with heritage
assets in the form of the Johnny Haynes Stand
and the Craven Cottage itself, naturally leads to
a solution that retains the four stand concept but
allows each stand to be developed, or refurbished
as necessary. The redevelopment of the Riverside
Stand maintains the four stand approach. If the
Hammersmith and Putney Stands were ever
amended or replaced at some stage in the future
they would also be expected to follow the four
stand approach. The design of the Riverside Stand
proposal has taken this into account, in so far as
there is nothing in this proposal that precludes
redevelopment of the Hammersmith and Putney
Stands in the future, and the rectilinear form of
the proposed stand with the vertical facades of the
blocks at either end of the seating tiers provide a
perfect 'book-end' in the corners of the stadium,
up to which new Hammersmith and Putney Stands
could be built, whilst retaining the setting of the
heritage listed assets and the overall special
character of the Ground as a whole.

Cheers Mike

No problem at all.
I went through a lot of the 201 documents last night and if you take away personal thoughts on the Khans , this is a much more comprehensive set of documents and planning than the 2013 submission.
The new designers are a step above the last set that was put forward.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on December 06, 2017, 08:59:36 AM
i guess whether they can be faulted is down to ones own point of view on the subject. Me - I'll believe it is being built when I see the first spade break ground. I am not holding my breath.

Not forgetting the first club, the first diamond and the first heart.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: flyingfish on December 06, 2017, 08:47:51 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 05, 2017, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2017, 08:48:19 PM

Agreed. And Khan and the club have lied to us before. So if I may quote George W, There's an old saying in Tennessee/Texas that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

But this is just not true. There is stiall a planning permission it hasnt gone away. There was no developer. Its not like they started is it? The latest iteration is superior from a real estate perspectuie and the pricess shows diligence on the part of the khans.  I work in the development industry and mahor developments like this are constantly reappraised and often successuve planning consents are sought. Once the initial principles are established a diligent landowber will see what else they can do and improve in. Development is an interative process and id be more concenred had they just merrily started digging away in the old consnet  when it is obvious to anyone who has any feeling at all for property that there is so much more value to be squeezed from the site which ultimately will be for the good of the club.

Also a planning application itself requires commitment. It is not drawn up in an afternoon. It takes months and just the application itself will cost north of about 500k to prepare. The fact that they bothered shows intent.  Sorry but they cannot be faulted on this.

Wrong !
The Buckingham Group were given the construction contract, it has now been put out for tender,
And yes we did have planning permission with work due to start next summer.

toshes mate

My understanding too, Riversider. 

I'd really like Khan Snr to be more honest and straightforward as an owner in everything he does regarding FFC, because I am really beginning to doubt the family's interests.

mrmicawbers

I would imagine if you were a Billionaire these are the sort of projects you would like to get involved with.I'm sure he would do the same sort of thing when building one of his new Yachts. I'm that this proceeds, can't understand go through all this and not building it unless he wants to sell up with the planning permission in place.

Holders

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 06, 2017, 02:32:16 PM
I would imagine if you were a Billionaire these are the sort of projects you would like to get involved with.I'm sure he would do the same sort of thing when building one of his new Yachts. I'm that this proceeds, can't understand go through all this and not building it unless he wants to sell up with the planning permission in place.

With a yacht, the owner mainly liaises with the consultants doing the plan approval and site supervision. They, in turn, do the liaison with the shipyard. So, in this case, he'll be dealing with the architects not the builders (who haven't been appointed yet anyway). If you're a billionaire you've little else to do but indulge your hobbies. A company I worked for built a yacht for Ivana Trump who was often on the phone. Nice lady.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria