Results

Friday
Cardiff
3 - 1 Norwich
Leeds
1 - 1 Aston Villa

WhiteJC

RUFC - Warne 'Inconsistency Not Just Down To 'Keepers'

Rotherham United have three first team goalkeepers on their books - Marek Rodak, Richard O'Donnell and Lewis Price, and Manager Paul Warne has played all three at some stage this season.

A lot of the fans on Saturday, after the second home defeat in a row, were disgruntled with the defence and blaming the change in 'keepers.

It's quite obvious that the better teams in every league keep to the same back four and 'keeper as often as possible but, of course, things happen and you can't always do that.

With Price ill then injured for the first part of the season O'Donnell became the number one. Warney then brought in Rodak, on loan from Fulham, who soon became his first choice although he has been missing for a few games while on International duty with Slovakia. Price came in for some much needed game time for the Checkatrade Trophy game at Bradford keeping a clean sheet and it must have been in the Manager's thoughts about giving him a league start - until he broke a finger in training.

'I look at goalkeepers different to a lot of other managers,' Warney told Radio Sheffield, not for the first time.

'I wouldn't keep a centre-forward in the team who had had three absolute stinkers and it's the same with my 'keepers although I do know their psychology is different to outfield players.

'Over the weeks we have had inconsistent performances at the back and that's not just the 'keepers. And it hasn't helped that every time Marek has got himself in the team and done well he's gone off on International duty. Rich comes in and has a couple of games then has a dip but you then have Marek back and he's not going back on International duty again now until March, so, potentially, he's got the shirt for the moment and hopefully he'll keep it for weeks or months because that will mean we aren't conceding goals.'

Going on to talk about the defence, Warney said, 'I'm not a manager built on fear. We keep showing them where we're going wrong. I've told them it's about getting that first contact when it comes in the box and that they've got to be focused for the whole ninety plus minutes. Once they go out onto the pitch you just hope you've given them enough information.

'We are trying to address the whole defending as a unit but I wouldn't threaten them with their careers or tell them I'm getting rid of them in January. That's not my style.'

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=513589

WhiteJC

Jokanovic: Fulham need new signings

Slavisa Jokanovic has urged Fulham to strengthen again in the January transfer window.

The club spent more than £15m on new players in the summer but the team "has not improved from the season before", according to the Whites head coach.

Jokanovic is expected to have more influence over signings following the recent sacking of analyst Craig Kline.

And the Serbian wants the club to sign players that can immediately make an impact on the team.

"It's so clear. We need (to strengthen)," Jokanovic said. "All the teams need to, to be at the top of the table. This is simple.

"Even the teams at the top of this profession – United, Arsenal, Chelsea – are looking to be stronger in January than they are now.

"We also lost some important players from the past. We brought in some different ones and it's about adaptation, about knowing how we want to play. We are still trying to bring these people to improve us.

"At the moment it's not about comparing but we haven't improved from the season before. It's about understanding this situation.

"From my side, all I can do is work daily with my team and try to get them to as high a level as possible."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-fulham-not-improved-need-new-players

WhiteJC

Ryan Fredericks: Brentford loan spell helped me realise how far I was from being a first team player

The 25-year-old spent time on loan at Griffin Park in 2012 and reveals his spell there has helped him become the player he is today for Fulham

Ryan Fredericks has revealed his loan spell at Brentford helped him to realise how far away he was from being an established first team member ahead of returning with Fulham .

The two sides meet in another west London derby on Saturday at Griffin Park with only two points separating them, although Slavisa Jokanovic's side are unbeaten in their previous two meetings with Dean Smith's men.

Fredericks spent time on loan at the Bees in August 2012 when he signed from Tottenham, but was recalled by his parent side in October having made just five appearances.

It was the 25-year-old's first real taste of men's football, and Fredericks believes the time he spent in TW8 was a good learning curve for his career and helped him become the player he is today.

He said: "It was a first ever taste of men's football, it was a good introduction into how far I actually was from being an established a first team member from what I thought I was.

(Image: Jonathan Brady/PA Wire)

"When I went there I thought 'oh I'd fit in easily' but that wasn't the case, it was a good learning curve for me.

"I went there and it showed what I needed to work on and over the next couple of years I went back and worked on my training."

Brentford finished that season in third place in League One, missing out on promotion to Doncaster and Bournemouth courtesy of a missed Marcello Trotta penalty before being beaten by Yeovil in the Play-off final, and Fredericks has paid the team credit for the way they've dragged themselves to be an established Championship side.

When asked if he was surprised at how well they'd done in recent years, he said: "Yes and no really, there's always potential there because they play the right way - even back in the day when I was there they tried to play the right way.

"Every year they seem to lose their best players but keep on producing new players and finding new players so all credit to them to be fair, they've done really well."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-fredericks-brentford-loan-spell-13980357

WhiteJC

David Button: Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic defends goalkeeper's distribution

David Button joined Fulham from west London rivals Brentford in the summer of 2016

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic says fans should not blame goalkeeper David Button for errors in his distribution.

The 28-year-old, who has been an ever-present for the Whites in the Championship this season, looks to play the ball short from goal kicks.

"Our supporters believe he does things which I don't order him to do," Jokanovic told BBC Radio London.

"It's not true. I want him to play from the back and I understand he can make mistakes. I take these risks."

Button actually has the highest passing accuracy of any keeper in the Championship, with 67.12% of his 590 passes successful.

Only Brentford's Daniel Bentley and Reading's Vito Mannone have attempted more passes than Button, while Cardiff's Neil Etheridge has the worst passing accuracy - at 28.28% - of goalkeepers to make more than two appearances in the second tier this season.

"When we start our build-up, David starts it with short balls to try and find the spare man," Jokanovic, 49, added.

"It is my orders and I force him to do this.

"I don't play long balls. I don't believe we will win it if we send long balls for Rui Fonte, Neeskens Kebano, Ryan Sessegnon or Floyd Ayite.

"If David Button misses some passes it is because I make mistakes, not David making mistakes."

Statistics supplied by Opta. Table excludes goalkeepers who have played less than three Championship games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42184181

WhiteJC

The Collins Column: Shift The Gears

Two wins on the trot for Fulham is a huge positive, but there's a serious shift needed if the Whites are to make that three in a row against Brentford this weekend. Jack J Collins looks at the facets of the West London derby in the latest Collins Column.

Seven points, a home win and a long-awaited clean sheet have been the order of the day in Fulham's games since the international break, but make no mistake about it — Fulham are not going to win on Saturday unless they come out firing on all cylinders.

Saturday's game against Millwall at the Cottage had the feel of a training exercise about it, with Millwall hardly producing anything to trouble the Whites, but things will be very different against Brentford at Griffin Park.

Let's put some context in here. I was 8 when Fulham were promoted to the Premier League, and throughout our tenure in the top flight, I cannot ever remember hearing a song about Brentford reverberate round the Hammersmith End.

Chelsea, of course; and QPR, but never Brentford. My aunt's a Brentford fan (shh) and when as a kid, when Fulham were away I used to go down to Griffin Park to watch the Bees on occasion.

Years passed without going down there, but a couple of years back, she offered me a ticket to see Brentford play Yeovil Town in the League One Play-Off Final. It seemed like a good day out.

Off I went, only to see Dan Burn (who else) rise highest from a corner to effectively kill Brentford's Championship dream, after Trotta-Gate which had taken place earlier in the season. None of that really mattered to me, but what struck me was the fervour with which Brentford seemed to hate Fulham.

All the way up Wembley Way, anti-Fulham songs rang out. We hadn't played each other since 1998, and yet, here we were, 15 years later, and all they could sing about was little old Fulham. I mentioned this to the people I was with, and they said that it was commonplace. Absence must make the heart grow fonder, as they say. Or the hatred deeper.

It should have been obvious when they had a flag made to commemorate a goal which meant nothing in that first season back in the Championship, but it still strikes me as bizarre. If you asked a Fulham fan who their biggest rivals were, I would imagine Chelsea would top the list, with QPR second and Brentford third, although even Gillingham might give the Bees a run for that spot.

It is unequivocal in the Brentford fanbase who they perceive to be their biggest rivals – us, which gives them an edge on derby day. The issue with that edge is that even if Fulham don't consider them the biggest local rival, they're definitely the one closest to us in footballing terms, and are a genuine promotion contender themselves these days.

If the Bees weren't so forthright in their absolute hatred of all things Fulham (there was a post on a Brentford forum sent to me the other day by a Bees-supporting friend which was apoplectic with rage about the fact that since their marketing team had picked up some ex-Fulham staff, much of their promotional material had been in black and white), there would be more applause from our end about the set-up down at Griffin Park.

Brentford play good, attacking, incisive football, in a manner akin to Jokanovic's sides. It was absolutely no wonder that in today's pre-match press conference, Slavisa lavished praise on his opposite number and gave him due credit for playing football the right way. He's spot on as well. After the failed Dijkhausen experiment, Dean Smith was the perfect man to steady the ship and get Brentford playing the way they had been under Mark Warburton.

Astute signings on a shoestring budget, good use of statistics and an in-depth lower league and Scandinavian scouting system have developed Brentford into a very good side. Matthew Benham is an astute businessman, a football lover and a lifelong Bees fan to boot — his influence has transformed the club from lower league hasbeens to genuine Championship promotion contenders.

In Ollie Watkins, plucked from Exeter City by the club's scouting network, Brentford possess the player who has created the most chances in the Championship — and more than any player in the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1 or Serie A has managed either —which is no mean feat, especially for a 21 year old.

With Watkins running the show from the left flank, Ryan Fredericks is going to have his work cut out to fulfil defensive duties whilst simultaneously providing the attacking impetus that Fulham have come to rely on from the full-back. Neal Maupay's petulant foul at the end of the draw at Loftus Road has ruled him out, but it will be Lasse Vibe, who scored two goals that night, who will lead the line.

They're but two examples of the quality that Brentford possess, but in a game which should be open, free-flowing and attacking, it's going to be what kind of Fulham team that turns up which defines how this game will end. A week off should have reinvigorated some tired bones, but the return of Kevin McDonald and Tim Ream is crucial.

McDonald in particular is hugely necessary to negate the creative influence of Sergi Canos through the middle, and the return of Ream would allow for Ryan Sessegnon to push up to the left wing position, which is of huge value if the game opens up like it did against Sheffield United. We all know just how devastating the 17-year-old can be if let loose correctly, and if Tom Cairney is rampant like he was against the Blades, there is serious damage that Fulham can cause Brentford.

They want this win more than any other — let's deprive them of it again, and give them another reason to hate us. If we can shift into a higher gear like we did at Griffin Park last season, quieten the noisy upstarts and close the gap on the playoffs at the same time, then the only way is up.

You Whites.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2017-12-01-the-collins-column-shift-the-gears/

WhiteJC

Match Preview: Fulham

All the news, views, and info ahead of tomorrow's West London derby

Brentford vs Fulham

Saturday 2 December

Griffin Park, 3pm

Sky Bet Championship

The Opposition

Back-to-back Sky Bet Championship wins have elevated Fulham into the top half of the table as they look to recover from a slow start to the season under Slaviša Jokanović. Defeated by Reading in last season's Play-Off semi-finals, many expected The Whites to be among the pace-setters this campaign but it hasn't turned out that way so far.

Jokanovic's side failed to win any of their first four in the league but then looked to find some form in September and October, taking 14 points from seven games, including wins over Ipswich Town, Hull City, Nottingham Forest and QPR. A six game winless run followed before an incredible 5-4 victory at Sheffield United ten days ago and Saturday's home win over Millwall.

The free-scoring Whites netted 85 goals in 46 league games last campaign but have found things much tougher in front of goal this campaign, scoring just 25 in their opening 19 games.

Team News

Fulham will definitely be without Floyd Ayite and Lucas Piazon for their trip to Griffin Park and there are question marks over Tim Ream and Kevin MacDonald after they both missed last weekend's win over Millwall. For The Bees, Neal Maupay is suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the campaign on Monday night, Florian Jozefzoon is a doubt, while Henrik Dalsgaard, Alan Judge, and Rico Henry are all out injured.   

The Manager

Slaviša Jokanović had a stellar playing career, winning 64 international caps for Yugoslavia and FR Yugoslavia and playing at the 1998 World Cup. He won the Spanish and Yugoslav titles and also had two seasons in the Premier League with Chelsea when he was in his 30s.

He moved in to coaching and was soon appointed Head Coach at Fudbalski klub Partizan, in Belgrade, where he also spent three years as a player. He won two doubles before leaving in 2009 and has had a nomadic career since which has included working in Bulgaria, Spain and Thailand as well as England. He led Watford to promotion from the Sky Bet Championship in 2015 and nearly repeated the feat at Fulham last May.

Pre-Match Views

Dean is looking forward to tomorrow's derby clash

Andreas: "It is a game we have to win"

Opposition View: GetWestLondon's Ryan O'Donovan on tomorrow's visitors

Ref Watch: Find out more about the man in charge for tomorrow's game

Ticket News

Tickets for Saturday's game are on sale to Previous Purchasers now. Get your tickets for our must-see local derby before they run out from just £25 adults and £8 juniors.

Get your tickets online here.

Match Coverage

iFollow Brentford will be live from 2.30pm tonight with Mark Burridge hosting Matchday Live alongside Marcus Gayle, and Mick Cabble.

Download the Official Brentford FC App to get notifications direct to your phone, plus all the latest news, views and reaction from the game. Visit the Play Store or iTunes App Store now to download.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2017/december/fulham-match-preview/

WhiteJC

Fulham's mini-resurgence will come to an end against Brentford, according to Sky Sports pundit

Fulham are three games unbeaten heading into the derby, while Brentford have lost just once in their last 11 outings in the league

Fulham's mini-resurgence is set to come to an end against Brentford in the west London derby on Saturday, according to Sky Sports pundit David Prutton.

The former Sheffield Wednesday man has predicted that Dean Smith's side will win a second west London derby in the space of a week 1-0 in his latest ' Prutton Predicts' segment at Sky Sports after their 2-2 draw with QPR on Monday.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side are unbeaten in their previous three games, having beaten Sheffield United 5-4 at Bramall Lane before getting their first clean sheet since August with a 1-0 win over Millwall.

However, Brentford have lost just once in their previous 11 outings, although they are without a win in three heading into the game, but Prutton has backed them to take a 1-0 derby day victory over Fulham.

He said: "We had some fantastic drama in one west London derby on Monday night, so why not have another just around the corner? It will be interesting to see Brentford react after that late collapse against QPR.

"Fulham have put together a couple of wins in a row for the first time in a while, but I think that mini-resurgence comes to an end here.

"Prutton Predicts: 1-0"

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-mini-resurgence-come-end-13980939

WhiteJC

Matchday Live: Brentford

Overseas fans can enjoy a live stream of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship encounter against local rivals Brentford at Griffin Park.

If you are already a fulhamfctv subscriber you can pick up a match pass for just £5, while non-subscribers can access the stream for £10, and also enjoy video content on the official website for 48 hours from the point of purchase!

Please note that you must be abroad and be using an overseas bank account to access the stream.

The stream will kick in around 30 minutes prior to kick-off, with a number of links to the correct page across the website. Alternatively, head to www.fulhamfc.com/live to view the game. We recommend watching via Google Chrome.

For our supporters based in the UK and Ireland, you can listen to full live commentary from Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid, with a monthly or standard annual subscription. 

Any fans who experience problems on a matchday with your stream please contact > [email protected].

Fans who have experienced issues accessing the stream in the past are advised to have a look at our streaming tips page which we constructed following feedback from supporters, while our FAQs are available here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/01/matchday-live-brentford

WhiteJC

Brentford v Fulham
SAT 02 Dec 2017   Championship
Venue: Griffin Park

Brentford forward Lasse Vibe scored his first two goals of the season in Monday's 2-2 draw at QPR

Brentford defender Henrik Dalsgaard (ankle) and winger Florian Jozefzoon (hamstring) are doubts while striker Neaul Maupay serves a one-match ban.

Midfielders Lewis Macleod and Alan Judge are awaiting their comebacks from long-term injuries but Rico Henry (knee) is out for the season.

Fulham will assess centre-back Tim Ream and midfielder Kevin McDonald.

Floyd Ayite (hamstring) is out while fellow forward Lucas Piazon is working his way back from a broken leg.

Fulham have already won two London derbies this season, away at QPR and at home to Millwall, while Brentford beat the Lions at Griffin Park last month and drew 2-2 at QPR on Monday after conceding twice in second-half injury time.

SAM's prediction
Home win 50%   Draw 26%   Away win 24%

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts
    None of the last 14 matches between the sides in all competitions at Griffin Park have ended as draws - both sides have seven wins apiece in those games.
    The Whites have won one of their last six league matches against Brentford (D2 L3), with that victory coming at Griffin Park last season.
    Brentford have lost one of their last 21 home league matches in December (W13 D7), a 4-2 defeat to Ipswich on Boxing Day in 2014.
    Fulham's 5-4 win over Sheffield United in their last away Championship match was their highest-scoring league match for 24 years, since losing 6-4 at Exeter City in November 1993.
    Brentford (18) have lost more points from winning positions in the Championship this season than any other team.
    Ryan Sessegnon's hat-trick against Sheffield United was the first by a player aged 17 in the Championship since February 2011, when Connor Wickham scored one against Doncaster for Ipswich.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42119758

WhiteJC

Brentford In Focus

Take a look at the key matchday information ahead of Saturday's local derby at Griffin Park.
Possible opposition absentees

Alan Judge - match fitness

Florian Jozefzoon - hamstring injury

Henrik Dalsgaard - ankle injury

Rico Henry - knee injury

Neal Maupay - suspended
Tickets

Tickets in the away end sold out some time ago, and none will be available on the day.
Weather

It will be a cold day in Brentford on Saturday, around six degrees, but it should remain dry.
Getting there

A train to Brentford from Waterloo takes just 30 minutes and stops at the likes of Clapham Junction and Putney. The ground is then just a short walk from the station.
Pre-match

The Griffin is on the corner of the ground and welcomes away fans.
He said...

"We had two really tough games against them last season. They out-footballed us and deservedly beat us at home and then we shared the spoils at their place." – Dean Smith, Brentford head coach.
Live stream

Overseas subscribers to fulhamfctv will be able to watch a live stream of this game. Follow this link for all available packages, and head to www.fulhamfc.com/live from 2.30pm (GMT) to view.
Grosvenor Casinos match odds

Brentford: Evens

Draw: 13/5

Fulham: 12/5
Previous five results

QPR 2-2 Brentford (Sky Bet Championship)

Brentford 1-1 Burton Albion (Sky Bet Championship)

Cardiff City 2-0 Brentford (Sky Bet Championship)

Brentford 3-1 Leeds United (Sky Bet Championship)

Birmingham City 0-2 Brentford (Sky Bet Championship)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/01/brentford-in-focus

WhiteJC

Brentford v Fulham preview

Brentford forward Neal Maupay is suspended for the west London derby against Fulham.

The Frenchman serves a one-match ban after he was booked during the 2-2 draw with their other local rivals QPR on Monday night. Florian Jozefzoon could also miss out after he limped off injured at Loftus Road. Henrik Dalsgaard remains a doubt with a heel injury while Alan Judge (leg) and Rico Henry (knee) are still out.

Fulham should be able to welcome back Tim Ream and Kevin McDonald. Defender Ream and midfielder McDonald both missed last weekend's 1-0 win over Millwall through injury but hope to return.

However, winger Floyd Ayite is facing a few weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury. Chelsea loanee Lucas Piazon is still recovering from a broken leg.

Opta stats

None of the last 14 matches between the sides in all competitions at Griffin Park have ended as draws - both sides have seven wins apiece in those games.

The Cottagers have won one of their last six league matches against Brentford (D2 L3), with that victory coming at Griffin Park last season.

Brentford have lost one of their last 21 home league matches in December (W13 D7), a 4-2 defeat to Ipswich on Boxing Day in 2014.

Fulham's 5-4 win over Sheffield United in their last away Championship match was their highest scoring league match for 24 years, since losing 6-4 at Exeter City in November 1993.

Brentford (18) have lost more points from winning positions in the Championship this season than any other team.

Ryan Sessegnon's hat-trick against Sheffield United was the first by a player aged 17 in the Championship since February 2011, when Connor Wickham scored one against Doncaster for Ipswich.

Prutton's prediction

We had some fantastic drama in one west London derby on Monday night, so why not have another just around the corner? It will be interesting to see Brentford react after that late collapse against QPR.

Fulham have put together a couple of wins in a row for the first time in a while, but I think that mini-resurgence comes to an end here.

David Prutton predicts: 1-0 (11/1 with Sky Bet)

http://www.skysports.com/football/brentford-vs-fulham/preview/374849

WhiteJC

Fulham and Brentford reporters predict who will come out on top at Griffin Park

Brentford reporter Tom Moore and Fulham reporter Ryan O'Donovan have their say on who they think will win Saturday's derby at Griffin Park

Brentford host Fulham in the second west London derby of the week, with just two points separating the sides as they head into the encounter.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side have had the upper hand in the two recent derbies, winning 2-0 at Griffin Park last season before drawing 1-1 at Craven Cottage in April.

However, Fulham have only beaten the Bees twice in their last seven meetings, having lost three of those including that 4-1 drubbing at the Cottage back in 2015.

The next west London derby looks set to be a close affair, here's what our Fulham and Brentford reporters think the game will go.

Tom Moore - Brentford
"Brentford will be grateful that they are facing Fulham as their biggest weakness in recent weeks, defending balls pumped into the box, is not one of the Whites' strengths.

"After facing three of the more direct sides in the Championship in Cardiff, Burton and QPR the Bees will be braced for a football match, rather than an aerial duel.

"And for me, the midfield battle between Ryan Woods, Kamo Mokotjo and Nico Yennaris, based on Monday night's starting XI, against Tom Cairney, Stefan Johansen and Kevin McDonald will be where the game is won or lost.

"Controlling the middle of the pitch is the first area and the second will be controlling the flanks with Sergi Canos and Ollie Watkins set to do battle with Ryan Sessegnon and Ryan Fredericks.

"Both like to get forward and the Bees will be looking to push them back into more defensive positions.

"Conversely, the Whites pair will be looking to push them back and look to expose full backs Yoann Barbet and Josh Clarke.

"I predict first goal wins."

Ryan O'Donovan - Fulham
"This is going to be an interesting game, and one I imagine will be exciting to watch.

"Both sides like to play attacking football and dominate the football, which will create space in behind the defence that players like Tom Cairney and Ryan Woods can exploit.

"Brentford seem to be struggling with being able to keep the ball out of their net, much like Fulham, so I have the feeling this game will see few goals in it - if both sides can start to find their scoring boots like Slavisa Jokanovic's men did against Sheffield United.

"There will be a lot of space down the flanks that both sides will use to try push their counterparts back and force them to defend, but if Fulham go for pace up front we could see a similar showing that we saw against Sheffield United.

"I'm predicting a 2-2 draw at Griffin Park."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-brentford-reporters-predict-who-13981113

WhiteJC

Inside your Matchday Programme: Fulham

Behind the cover of a special edition BEES

"With tomorrow's game a local derby we count on you to provide an atmosphere in which the players can thrive. You were in fine voice at Loftus Road on Monday and we'll be doing all that we can to secure the three points and send you home happy."

From the Dugout: Dean Smith on the second West London derby of the week.

"The football isn't as fluid and there have been poor losses and late goals conceded - that's all combined to leave an air of disappointment around the cottage."

Hot off the Press: With Ryan O'Donovan of Get West London.

"The expectation from the fans definitely gives you a bit of extra incentive as a player... it's very important – particularly when you play at home – to feel the energy of the crowd."

Defensive Measures: Having anchored Denmark's back four during last month's decisive Play-Off victory over the Republic of Ireland, Andreas Bjelland must continue his good form in TW8 if he is to showcase his talents on the world stage next summer. BEES sat down with Andreas ahead of the second West London derby of the week.

"I've sung on the pitch at the Millennium Stadium, at the old Wembley Stadium and the new Wembley Stadium. I'm not sure Rod Stewart has ever managed that!"

First, Best, Worst: From Christmas Day in Doncaster to singing at Wembley Stadium, we chat to Club legend Peter Gilham about his first, best and worst moments in TW8.

"Any riot acts have been read and tea cups thrown. The Hoops have celebrated like they won the FA Cup and I've lied to a child."

Park Life: Nick Bruzon on derby week.

"The next step is to break into First Team football, either with a loan move or at Brentford."

Keeping up Appearances: Ellery Balcombe sat down with BEES to talk about Brentford B's fixtures and his time away with England's Under-19 squad.

"It was agreed that I would have injections in my hamstring before the game and at half-time. I didn't have a clue what the injections contained or about the lasting damage they could cause. All I wanted to do was play."

The Last Word: Ben Burgess on the lasting effects of a prolonged career.

For all the above plus the usual favourites, pick up a copy of BEES around Griffin Park for just £3.50.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2017/december/inside-your-matchday-programme-fulham/

WhiteJC

Sunderland news: Chris Coleman speaks out about Wolves and Fulham target Lewis Grabban
SUNDERLAND gaffer Chris Coleman has admitted he's desperate to keep loan star Lewis Grabban.

Sunderland hope to keep Lewis Grabban for the rest of the season

The 29-year-old striker is attracting interest after firing 10 goals in 15 appearances for the struggling Black Cats.

He is due to spend the rest of the campaign at the Stadium of Light but Bournemouth have a recall option.

Championship leaders Wolves and Fulham are interested in snapping Grabban up in the January transfer window.

When asked about Bournemouth's clause to terminate Sunderland's loan deal, Coleman said: "As far as I understand there has been no indication that will be the case.

"I think I am correct in saying Lewis is happy here, he has done a very good job, scored good goals, very important goals. He is very important to us.

"There is nothing we can do, there is a clause to say he can go back but I have not been told by anyone there is an indication that is the case, it will be up to Bournemouth.

"As I sit here, I hope Lewis is here for the rest of the season, of course, like any other Sunderland fan and all the signs from the player are good.

"He enjoys his football, he has been scoring and hopefully that will continue."

Meanwhile, Sunderland are interested in signing Newcastle winger Alex Gilliead on loan.

The 21-year-old is on loan with League One club Bradford City until January but could step up a division when the transfer window reopens.

Hull City and Millwall are also keen.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/886892/Sunderland-News-Lewis-Grabban-Chris-Coleman-Wolves-Fulham-EFL-Championship

WhiteJC

Graham Nominated

Jordan Graham has been nominated for the Checkatrade Trophy Player of the Round award.

The match in question was dominated by the on-loan Fulham man, as he assisted one and scored a brace as the Under-21s won 3-1 at Crawley Town.

After setting up Elijah Adebayo for the opener, Graham then netted in either half to help his side secure victory.

The winger is up against Jack Byrne, Caleb Richards, Erico Sousa and Scott Wagstaff for the award, and you can vote for him by following this link.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/01/graham-nominated

WhiteJC

Fulham submit plans for new Riverside Stand

This application follows a period of consultation and open dialogue with residents, supporters, and many stakeholders with an interest in the project and local area

Fulham Football Club has today submitted an application to the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham council for the redevelopment of the Riverside stand at its historic Craven Cottage home.

This application follows a period of consultation and open dialogue with residents, supporters, and many stakeholders with an interest in the project and local area.

The Club secured planning permission for its previous design in 2013. The new proposal, commissioned by Fulham FC's Chairman Mr Shahid Khan, has incorporated a modern design that is sympathetic with the river and local area and best reflects the needs of the Club, community and neighbourhood by delivering a wide range of benefits both now and for future generations.

Artists impression

Alistair Mackintosh, Fulham FC Chief Executive Officer, said: "Everyone here at Fulham Football Club is incredibly excited to submit this application, and we are confident that the plans we have laid out will both upgrade the current stand and add new facilities that everyone in the community will be able to enjoy and appreciate."

In addition to increasing the seating capacity at Craven Cottage, the Club has sought to add amenities to help transform the riverside walkway into a world-class leisure destination, both on matchdays and non-matchdays.

The Riverside on a matchday

This new design will still allow the River Thames walkway to be opened up, an aspect of the approved design in 2013, and will incorporate bars, restaurants, and lounges—all of which will be open for business throughout the year.

The redevelopment will bring significant investments in the local community, adding new full-time jobs and further opportunities for employment.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-submit-plans-new-riverside-13983320

WhiteJC

Brentford squad looking to address holding onto leads problem as Bjelland urges fans to replicate QPR atmosphere against Fulham

The Bees have dropped 18 points from winning positions and, had they retained their advantage, would be second in the table

Andreas Bjelland has confirmed the Brentford squad have spoken about their difficulties defending leads.

The Bees have dropped 18 points from winning positions and, had they retained their advantage, would be second in the table, two points clear of Cardiff. If they'd only dropped nine then they would be in the play-off places.

Bjelland admitted it's a concern but is only looking ahead with Fulham visiting Griffin Park on Saturday.

He said: "We've spoken about it a bit but we go game to game. We have to look ahead.

"It's more about doing better at the next game and controlling the things we learned from Monday night and not doing the same mistakes."

Andreas Bjelland (Image: Gareth Davies)

He added: "It's more about knowing what we're doing, doing it together and sticking to the plan. We had space but we started to launch it long and different to what we do.

"It's more sticking to the game plan, as long as we do it together. It's more doing it at the right time and together."

Bjelland paid tribute to the Brentford fans on Monday night and wants to see them carry it on in TW8 on Saturday.

He added: "I must give it to the crowd. They did really well for us. It was tremendous from our fans. It's a new game for us and we want the three points. I hope they carry on from Monday night."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-squad-looking-address-holding-13983855

WhiteJC

Fulham submit plan to expand Craven Cottage

Fulham have submitted an application to the council to redevelop the Riverside stand at Craven Cottage.
The club have announced the plans following consultation with residents, supporters and other stakeholders involved in the redevelopment.

A press release from the club said: "The new proposal has incorporated a modern design that is sympathetic with the river and local area and best reflects the needs of the club, community and neighbourhood by delivering a wide range of benefits both now and for future generations."

Fulham plan to increase the capacity at Craven Cottage - currently 25,700 - as well as incorporate bars, restaurant and lounges into the new development.

The club had a previous planning application accepted in 2013, but the new proposals supersede those.

Fulham CEO Alistair Mackintosh said: "Everyone here at Fulham is incredibly excited to submit this application, and we are confident that the plans we have laid out will both upgrade the current stand and add new facilities that everyone in the community will be able to enjoy and appreciate."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11151845/fulham-submit-plan-to-expand-craven-cottage

WhiteJC

Gayle's derby memories

Marcus Gayle reflects on previous Fulham clashes ahead of tomorrow's match

In two spells at Brentford, Marcus Gayle played in almost 250 games and did enough to earn himself a place in the Club's Hall of Fame. He scored 28 times for The Bees, many of them Goal of the Season contenders, but for Brentford fans of a certain vintage, one particular match and one particular goal stands out. Marcus scored the second goal in a 4-0 thrashing of Fulham in April 1992 that helped catapult Brentford to promotion from the Third Division. A week later Marcus was part of the team that won at Peterborough United to clinch promotion, and the third tier title.

Marcus is graduate of the Brentford youth system, breaking through in the late 1980s. He left in 1994 but returned to spend a further year at Griffin Park just over a decade ago and is now heard as part of the iFollow Brentford commentary team. A still familiar face around Griffin Park, Marcus reflected on that 1992 clash with Fulham and looked ahead to what may happen this weekend when the two teams go head-to-head again.

What does our West London Derby against Fulham mean to you? It is an opportunity to demonstrate we can compete at a higher level. Derby games always bring a little more out of players and everyone wants to do well.

What makes this fixture different from all the others?  I love the intensity. You can always tell it is a derby. This fixture to me is only matched with QPR now that our league status brings us all together.

What's Griffin Park to you? Griffin Park is a special place to me, where I made my professional debut coming on as a sub. There is a passionate crowd that got behind me from day one.

What is the atmosphere like at this fixture? There is always an electric atmosphere. I could feel it as a player, and I played in quite a few of these games, and I can feel it now as a commentator. From when you walk into the stadium you know it's a special day to perform and not let anyone down. It's a healthy pressure.

How would you prepare for a big fixture like this? Preparation for this match would be more or less be the same, however you feel the importance thoughout the week from players, staff and fans. There are people around the Club who make it clear to the players what a game like this means to them and the fans.

What went through your mind when we beat Fulham 4-0 in 1992? We knew a big effort was needed. We had an attention to detail to impress our game on them from first minute. We did that in the first half and being 4-0 up there was a great sense of we got what we deserved.

Is that your favourite match against Fulham? Yes no doubt, being directly involved with three of the four goals on the day helps.

Are there any other great memories of games against Fulham? I remember all the Fulham games I played in. I learnt a lot about myself from those games about character and desire.

Have you enjoyed watching the recent derbies? Yes, they have been very good games. This game is very much different today than when I played in them. They are very technical and pretty on the eye. I am sure they are great for fans of both clubs and neutrals.

What's your score prediction? Brentford will win 3-1.

Tickets for tomorrow's derby against Fulham are still available from £25 Adults and only £8 Juniors. With limited availability, hurry, book your tickets now or risk missing out. 

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2017/december/marcus-gayle-fulham-interview/